New Skeptiko Website

Alex

Administrator
Just launched a new version of the Skeptiko website. Main goal was to make shows more accessible thru the use of categories and tags. Also, added a better way to link to past shows.

Please let me know if you find any problems, or have suggestions for improvement.

Looks very good, Alex! :) Nice navigation categories and buttons too.

I personally would have included a "psychics and mediums" category since you've done a number of shows on that topic. The lab psi stuff (telepathy, remote viewing, etc.) could go into "parapsychology", and psychic detectives, Beischel, Tymn, etc. (I don't know if I'd put mediumship per se into "parapsychology") into "psychics and mediumship". Maybe a "UFOs and consciousness" one too since that is very distinct.

Feel free to ignore! Looks great as it is.

Last edited:
Looks very good, Alex! :) Nice navigation categories and buttons too.

I personally would have included a "psychics and mediums" category since you've done a number of shows on that topic. The lab psi stuff (telepathy, remote viewing, etc.) could go into "parapsychology", and psychic detectives, Beischel, Tymn, etc. (I don't know if I'd put mediumship per se into "parapsychology") into "psychics and mediumship". Maybe a "UFOs and consciousness" one too since that is very distinct.

Feel free to ignore! Looks great as it is.
it there is a tag for that (see cloud tag).

Super, Alex: addresses to some extent the issues I wanted to raise in the PODCAST PROJECT thread, particularly the concept cloud thing. Makes your website more useful, not just more engaging! :)

Site looks great, Alex.
The response seems a bit slow to me. Clicking on categories or tags takes quite a few seconds.
Consider caching plugins or improve it in some other way.

Site looks great, Alex.
The response seems a bit slow to me. Clicking on categories or tags takes quite a few seconds.
Consider caching plugins or improve it in some other way.
thx. I'll look into it. I suspect it might be the security plugin I installed, but I'm not sure.

Hello, Alex!

Although I've been a longtime reader and enjoyer of this site, this is my very first posting. Can you give me some assistance? Is there a part of your site where people can recommend guests for future shows or interviews? I've tried to find this area but have been unsuccessful. I have a great idea for whom I think would be an excellent guest. Can you let me know how best to share this information with you? Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Hello, Alex!

Although I've been a longtime reader and enjoyer of this site, this is my very first posting. Can you give me some assistance? Is there a part of your site where people can recommend guests for future shows or interviews? I've tried to find this area but have been unsuccessful. I have a great idea for whom I think would be an excellent guest. Can you let me know how best to share this information with you? Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Welcome, J-MAN.

I think this is the place to do it:
http://www.skeptiko.com/forum/threads/community-suggestion-box.307/

Hello, Alex!

Hi J-MAN... welcome... you can also email me directly at alex @ skeptiko.com

Alex,

It looks a great site, bu tone niggle is that none of the items under the Forum menu seem to get me here:

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/

This is important because this is the root of all the forums you can visit.

Also, the Forum menu seems to react as soon as I click on it instead of waiting for me to select an item!

David

Alex,

It looks a great site, bu tone niggle is that none of the items under the Forum menu seem to get me here:

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/

This is important because this is the root of all the forums you can visit.

Also, the Forum menu seems to react as soon as I click on it instead of waiting for me to select an item!

David

Do you use Firefox, David? You can set up an icon on your bookmarks toolbar. Just go to http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/ and then drag the tab it appears on to the toolbar. Any time you want that main menu, just click the bookmark icon you've created and Bob's your uncle.

I'm wondering if you have some setting in your browser that causes your mouse problem: maybe you're using an addon like Tab Mix Plus where you can change things like that? Just a thought.

Back