Non western NDEs

I e-mailed Dr. Long with regards to this along with links to two studies of Japanese NDE's where the "loving light" is far less "stand-outish" and why that may be, and he responded! He is going to analyze the studies and respond. I emailed Eben Alexander but have not heard back from him. He probably gets a fair amount of e-mails daily. Stay tuned!
Thanks for the replies. I emailed Eben before, didn't get a reply for weeks. And the replier was one of his assistant, i guess he's either too lazy or too sick of the constant emails he get.

From the Eben Alexander camp:

Hi ****,

Thank you for your email to Dr. Eben Alexander. He looked over the studies you sent and said that while it seems surprising, there may be a few explanations. He also refers you to the website of the NDE Research Foundation:
www.nderf.org on which people from around the world record their NDEs. Their database is searchable, so you might find some entered by Japanese people, or you could email their director, Dr. Jeffrey Long, via their contact box. He collates and researches the NDEs, so he is in a better position to reply to your questions from a knowledge base.

Likewise, Dr. Raymond Moody continues to collect data on NDEs and related experiences and may have some insights on your question. www.lifeafterlife.com

Eben’s thought is like that of the researcher, that the seeming lack of reporting about “love and loving concepts” may be partly a result of the culture’s conditioning and preference of language. No doubt people the world over have the innate ability and drive to care for others, to love and have compassion, which is a universal human/soul trait. However, cultural differences may dictate different ways of expressing this sentiment, and the Japanese culture may be more accustomed to speaking of “happiness” or exploring “consciousness” or concepts the “mind.”

Eben is quite confident that the love he felt was not due to his own cultural conditioning since he had complete amnesia of his life on earth, including religious teachings, and didn't even realize he was a human during his NDE. He just felt the unconditional love, and applied earth language to describe it as best he could.

He was more curious about the reported lack of a life review, with or without judgement, because he witnessed it as what he thought was a universal occurrence, not attributed to one or another religion or belief system. However, if most of the subjects in this study were rather young, they may not have experienced a life review in their NDE. I like to remind people that not all NDEs are alike, and a person has the experience that he or she uniquely needs and will benefit from.

Again, Drs. Long and Moody will be better able to address your question.

As you ponder these questions, you might want to begin a practice of meditation, because Eben believes that is the best way for anyone to safely form a stronger connection with the realm of consciousness – without having to “almost die.”
END

Still waiting hear from Dr Long and I just emailed Raymond Moody as well.

Last edited:
Nde cases in Vietnam are often covered by the governmente or minimize to the hallucinations of a dying brain and people are forced to believe so because of marxism. I can only find a few cases.
Recently I looked at the case of a woman who was confirmed dead several hours later and the funeral was held and the woman suddenly resurrected:
In this story, this woman not see a white light or feel love but a crowded city
Filled with architectural works of many ages, everyone looked very young, and she met many relatives who had died in the war.

It makes me think that the afterlife is like a mirror reflecting the belief of each individual
And sorry for my bad english.:(