On being an empath and claircognizant channel

Nicole

New
Damn you infernal rabbit hole, release me from thy grip!
C:\Users\kaufm\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Nicole...if I may.... your experiences seem to me what modern day wiccans or satanists (I don't use that word in the negative sense but rather as those who worship nature and seek to practice the manipulation of the natural world via 'magick'.(to use crowley's spelling). iow, satan is more or less equivalent to nature and not the evil being of christian mythology)

So I wonder if you actively engage in ritualistic behavior or that these things just happen to you by 'mere' thought. I ask because I'm kind of fascinated in how engaging in ritual seems to be a necessary part of the process of magick. It's like, why can't I just say I'd like something to happen but instead need to burn certain incense during certain phases of the moon in a garment adorned with symbols made of silver thread after fasting and prayer for 3 days then making certain bodily gesticulations while chanting certain seemingly nonsensical words...
C:\Users\kaufm\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

No I am not involved in any ritualistic practices. In fact I am bored doing anything twice in the same way, nor do I know much about wiccans or satanists. But I have found myself a few times thinking I am in the middle of the Salem witch hunt when I stood up to patriarchal systems. Reason and logic went out the door and I feared I was going to get lynched at any moment.

That being said, I am an avid outdoors person and grew up gardening, fishing, hiking and skiing. The mountains have always been my church. In nature I get grounded and reconnect with sanity.

I simply have never found any teachings or belief system that resonated with me for more than five minutes and didn’t find a hole in it. I guess you could say life has been my teacher. I have been in several life threatening situations as well as countless dark nights of the soul and getting myself out of them has taught me more each time. Maybe that is how I learned to focus my energy and attention.

In one way or another, most of what I learned came from an altered state of consciousness, be it channeling, dreams, meditation, need or the grip of fear.

I know I am an empath. I absorb everything that comes at me like a sponge. Some people take on other people’s pains and illnesses, I take on their emotions and think it they are my own. It took me many years to figure out that what I am feeling is not mine. In the process I learned a tremendous amount about myself and my natural set point.

Now when I have an interaction with another person I become aware of all the emotions that run through me. Often with a guy sexual feelings come up, and I know it is time to leave. Thanks, but no thanks. Other people are such an energetic mess that it can take hours or even days for me to fully clear myself from their energy and feel like myself again. Evidently many of these people come from the neo-advita movement and claim to be enlightened. Enough said.

I gain a lot of data about a person in these interactions, but generally find that my insights hit too close to home and are not welcomed. Many people also get unnerved when they feel you can see right through them. In my case empathy also works as a natural lie detector. When someone says something that is not true or only partially true, the energy comes across as warped and out of alignment. Kind of like hitting the wrong note on an instrument.

Now I am teaching myself how to run my energy as a leaf blower instead of a vacuum cleaner. This is a manipulation of my inner world, but has nothing to do with magic. It is just another skill I am developing out of necessity.

For this reason I prefer to use claircognizance. First of all it only gets triggered when a question is being asked. I pull answers out of thin air and when I ponder them I wonder how I could have known that. It is also far less threatening to share a thought that ‘just popped in my head’ vs. telling someone what they are feeling and what they can do about it. But more on that another day...

Hi Nicole, someone very near and dear to my heart is also an empath, it takes a while getting used to that for a non-empath like myself, but I'm learning, always learning. :)

Often with a guy sexual feelings come up, and I know it is time to leave.
Don't forget that you can normally deflect these by casually mentioning your lover/husband or whatever. If you have unfettered access to a man's emotions, I can imagine it may seem a bit overwhelming, but a hint is all that most men need!

More generally, I imagine reading people's emotions could be a very mixed blessing!

David

Nicole, do your empathetic capabilities only get activated when you are physically close to a person, or are they activated, for example, by emails or blog posts, even from people you do not know?

Last edited:
Hi Nicole, someone very near and dear to my heart is also an empath, it takes a while getting used to that for a non-empath like myself, but I'm learning, always learning. :)

I hope your person has an easier time handling this skill than I had, but if you ever have any questions, I am happy to offer my point of view.

Don't forget that you can normally deflect these by casually mentioning your lover/husband or whatever. If you have unfettered access to a man's emotions, I can imagine it may seem a bit overwhelming, but a hint is all that most men need!

More generally, I imagine reading people's emotions could be a very mixed blessing!

David

Thanks for bringing this up David. My hints seem to be a bit too subtle for many. I rarely make up white lies, but if it is the lesser of two evils I will. Naturally I pick up on the feelings of rejection after a ‘no‘ as well and this creates a catch 22.

From a man’s point of view, is it better to just say politely ‘no’, and know the guy will get over it in five minutes? Generally I try to find an exit strategy and quickly leave, but one guy ended up chasing me through the dog park for half an hour until he found me and could ask me out.

Interactions in a social club where I like to play tennis are a bit more difficult. I don’t respond to innuendos or other advances. The guys generally get the message, but become frequently passive aggressive afterwards.

Any insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Nicole, do your empathetic capabilities only get activated when you are physically close to a person, or are they activated, for example, by emails or blog posts, even from people you do not know?

Yes, that would be my first question as well. My eyes provide the primary source of input. The first thing I am trying to avoid when I get uncomfortable is eye contact. But depending on the strength of someone’s emotions or state of confusion, this can come through electronically as well.

The good news here is that I can control this input and stop reading, or come back to it when I am in a different state of mind. And no, I have zero interest digging into somebody’s privacy if I don’t have to. Generally there is too much pain there. That being said, if I want to, and go through the effort, I can read just as much from a piece of writing as from any other source.

I used to be a financial risk analyst in the oil and gas industry. I used my analytical mind to analyze the data and my intuitive ability to tell me where I needed to look closer, where the information did not add up and whether my picture was complete.

Enron became my account when they started to get into difficulty and out of curiosity I tried to analyze their financial statements. At that point nobody had an idea of the level of deception that was at play. I could not analyze them. All that kept going through my head was ‘I am too stupid to understand this’ and ‘I am getting no sense what this company is actually doing’.

I was empathically picking up on the picture they were projecting to the world, but my mind could not process the message. Who was I to go against a whole industry? Fortunately there were no consequences for me. Had this account become mine only a year earlier I would have been a real bind on how to come up with a conclusion. This ended up being a bit of a Rosetta stone with its real word feedback.

Thanks for sharing Nicole. I'm curious as to what age you were when you became fully aware of these abilities (gifts)?

This is a great question, and the best response is probably ‘gradually’ over the last ten years. It has been a slow process of undoing the belief that something is fundamentally wrong with me, and learning to stop fighting my own nature.

It never was about becoming aware of any gifts, but accepting who I am and as corny as it sounds, learning to love myself. Everything else started to bubble to the surface once the negative beliefs stopped interfering. I firmly believe that this is not unique to me, but applies to society at large. Not just about intuitive abilities, which everyone has, but gifts in general.

Any insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I think the only insight I can offer is that a man may very well daydream about a woman that he knows is unavailable to him for one reason or another. He usually means absolutely no harm, and obviously doesn't expect that his thoughts/emotions can be read read! Since you can detect something that he thinks is private, it is probably best to ignore it unless he actually tries to chat you up, or whatever.

Of course, you can't say 'no' to an idea that a man hasn't (in any way) indicated - ideally I imagine it would be best to wait if/until he does so.

More generally, I suppose you have to try to ignore many emotions in other people that a non-empath would not be aware of unless you can do something useful with them.

David

Last edited:
He usually means absolutely no harm, and obviously doesn't expect that his thoughts/emotions can be read read!

Thanks David. Ignoring is not a strategy that usually works for me, but refraiming will. Reminding myself that no harm is meant sounds like a good approach. After all, I do pick up on actual danger signs quickly.

Nicole do you lucid dream often?

It has spontaneously happened on a few occasions, but not often. I wasn't traveling anywhere. They were more opportunities to explore different solutions to a problem.

I have had what I believe to be alien encounters in dreams and the beginning of out of body experiences as a kid. Those felt so scary that I shut them down immediately and any attempts to recreate them since have failed.

This subject has me thinking, that maybe like so many matters, these abilities don't fit neatly into a simple yes/no category, but that maybe all of us have the same capabilities, distributed on a continuum so that for some it is effectively zero capability while for others it is overwhelming.

For those somewhere in-between, I'd suggest the abilities may come and go, fade in or out according to a whole range of things. Myself, sometimes I pick up on very strong emotions, both positive and negative, regardless of distance, and regardless of whether it involves someone I know well, or a stranger. But it doesn't happen all the time. It's tempting to suggest that it might simply be masked by 'noise' the hubbub of everyday life, but I don't think that fits. The strongest emotions can cut through even a busy background when I'm in the midst of a throng, and may originate from someone not present. But often, there is little that is obvious to discern at all.

This subject has me thinking, that maybe like so many matters, these abilities don't fit neatly into a simple yes/no category, but that maybe all of us have the same capabilities, distributed on a continuum so that for some it is effectively zero capability while for others it is overwhelming.

I think this as well sometimes. There's something called the "Boundary Problem" of conscious - why does consciousness end at the physical body?

One answer might be "It doesn't."

If the brain is a filter/transmitter, then perhaps empaths are those who are tuned in to their larger self and where it intermingles with the larger selves of others. As the writer Attanasio puts it:

"Your soul is not in your body. Rather your body is within the cosmic immensity of your soul."

I think this as well sometimes. There's something called the "Boundary Problem" of conscious - why does consciousness end at the physical body?

One answer might be "It doesn't."

If the brain is a filter/transmitter, then perhaps empaths are those who are tuned in to their larger self and where it intermingles with the larger selves of others. As the writer Attanasio puts it:

"Your soul is not in your body. Rather your body is within the cosmic immensity of your soul."

I was trying to wrap my head around the boundary problem, or the little bit I understand about it. I got stuck on the following point: There is data that comes at me and there is data that I go out and seek. Somehow they behave differently.

This leads me to the question who’s consciousness are we talking about? If I as an empath I get bombarded with the feelings of another person, then the other person is sending the data and my own consciousness may be playing a lesser role. What may be more important at my end are weak energetic boundaries that let more data in than with the average person. Either way, there are two bodies involved with two unique consciousnesses.

On the other hand, if I try to remote view, then there is no sensory data involved and I need to go up and out to access a data field outside of me. This is far more difficult for me and given the low amount of remote viewers, this may be a challenge for most people. But in this scenario we could start to discuss where my consciousness starts and stops since it is the only body in the equation.

I was trying to wrap my head around the boundary problem, or the little bit I understand about it. I got stuck on the following point: There is data that comes at me and there is data that I go out and seek. Somehow they behave differently.

This leads me to the question who’s consciousness are we talking about? If I as an empath I get bombarded with the feelings of another person, then the other person is sending the data and my own consciousness may be playing a lesser role. What may be more important at my end are weak energetic boundaries that let more data in than with the average person. Either way, there are two bodies involved with two unique consciousnesses.

On the other hand, if I try to remote view, then there is no sensory data involved and I need to go up and out to access a data field outside of me. This is far more difficult for me and given the low amount of remote viewers, this may be a challenge for most people. But in this scenario we could start to discuss where my consciousness starts and stops since it is the only body in the equation.

Interesting post, in terms if remote viewing, maybe it starts with you and stops at the place you are trying to remote view?

Have you ever sought help from experienced remote viewers?

Interesting post, in terms if remote viewing, maybe it starts with you and stops at the place you are trying to remote view?

Have you ever sought help from experienced remote viewers?

Yes, I have taken a course in remote viewing from someone who worked in the Stargate Project. He had spontaneous out of body experiences, which lead him to the Monroe Institute and where he got recruited.

We did not discuss consciousness, but one thing he did state was that when you remote view (and or travel out of body) you can’t help but sooner or later run into spirit. Apparently this caused a problem for his contractor. Viewers changed how they saw the world through the process. They either left the project or changed how they worked; he did not go into details.

Another thing that became apparent through our discussions was that remote viewing gets boring. He worked for an investment fund and quit after a while. He was successful enough for them to keep him on, but he could not go through the same process day after day. There seems to be little gratification doing the actual work. The gratification comes from the feedback one gets afterwards.

In the case of the military he got no feedback, especially when they tested him to find out how well their own secrets were hidden. There was one particular project he was suddenly shut out from, but they continued to contract him. To this day he wonders how close he got.

I find the boredom factor fascinating; it seems that a two way communication flow is required when working with consciousness, spirit or whatever you want to call it. But the same is true with anything else in life otherwise you end up just going through the motions.

It has spontaneously happened on a few occasions, but not often. I wasn't traveling anywhere. They were more opportunities to explore different solutions to a problem.

I have had what I believe to be alien encounters in dreams and the beginning of out of body experiences as a kid. Those felt so scary that I shut them down immediately and any attempts to recreate them since have failed.

Interesting. I know a guy who had a similar OOBE when younger, he was climbing out of his body but saw some dark...thing waiting in a corner next to his bed. As he rose higher the creature moved closer toward his body.

Maybe it was all a dream, but he decided not to risk it and went back into his physical form.

I've heard similar warnings from a woman I knew in college when I thought I might try my own attempt at Astral travel, that there are things out there waiting to get at you.

Of course from the outside it's hard for many of us to know whether these people are having dreams or definitive OOBEs.

Even Moody's stuff, some of it seems like weird dreams and some it seems more real. I figure we can take people at their word so long as we stay grounded in our own experienced lives - probably why I separate "NDE suggests mind is not brain" from "NDE shows us what the afterlife is like".

Were your experiences malevolent? Or was it more just odd to see these alien people...were they around your bed, or were you somewhere else?

Yes, I have taken a course in remote viewing from someone who worked in the Stargate Project. He had spontaneous out of body experiences, which lead him to the Monroe Institute and where he got recruited.

We did not discuss consciousness, but one thing he did state was that when you remote view (and or travel out of body) you can’t help but sooner or later run into spirit. Apparently this caused a problem for his contractor. Viewers changed how they saw the world through the process. They either left the project or changed how they worked; he did not go into details.

Another thing that became apparent through our discussions was that remote viewing gets boring. He worked for an investment fund and quit after a while. He was successful enough for them to keep him on, but he could not go through the same process day after day. There seems to be little gratification doing the actual work. The gratification comes from the feedback one gets afterwards.

In the case of the military he got no feedback, especially when they tested him to find out how well their own secrets were hidden. There was one particular project he was suddenly shut out from, but they continued to contract him. To this day he wonders how close he got.

I find the boredom factor fascinating; it seems that a two way communication flow is required when working with consciousness, spirit or whatever you want to call it. But the same is true with anything else in life otherwise you end up just going through the motions.

That's interesting. I'm guessing you can't name him/her?

Potentially silly question - can I ask what you mean by spirit? Do you mean people on the other side or another thing? Did he say what he meant about how viewers changed their view of the world?

I'm guessing he got close enough that they didn't want him to know exactly what the secret was.

Yeah I agree about the boredom bit, it normalises it, makes it seen mundane. Which is a good thing isn't it? We want this stuff to be normal.

Who would the second communicator be in remote viewing?

Sorry for all the questions - this stuff utterly fascinates me.

Back