Out-of-body research at the ASPR

This is almost the test case for an inaccessible, unrepeatable study, because the results obtained cohere irreducibly in some mysterious way to the particular people involved in the experiment.

At this stage, pushing towards half a century later, without multiple and various replications, it's pretty much meaningless.

This is almost the test case for an inaccessible, unrepeatable study, because the results obtained cohere irreducibly in some mysterious way to the particular people involved in the experiment.

At this stage, pushing towards half a century later, without multiple and various replications, it's pretty much meaningless.

The meaning and subjective: it can be meaningless for you but not for others. Also it is posible that someone repeat a similar experiment.

The meaning and subjective: it can be meaningless for you but not for others. Also it is possible that someone repeat a similar experiment.

So why don't they? I mean, doesn't that question bother you?

I've taken a quick look at the article and am willing to discuss. It is your OP so why don't you start: what is your analysis of it?

Well, I would say that this case shows us that some people may have extracorporeal experiences at will and that during such experiences the subject is in a physical vehicle different of the organic body, which can interact with the environment and gain verifiable information.

Well, I would say that this case shows us that some people may have extracorporeal experiences at will and that during such experiences the subject is in a physical vehicle different of the organic body, which can interact with the environment and gain verifiable information.

There are a bunch of cases in the material included in that link. Which in particular are you talking about?

That said, if you're simply concluding based on this material that people may be able to do that then I don't disagree. I think the other posters in this thread were intimating that the material in the package doesn't give all that much in helping to move from "may" to "actually do".

There are a bunch of cases in the material included in that link. Which in particular are you talking about?

I mean Karlis Osis studies on psychic Tanous.

That said, if you're simply concluding based on this material that people may be able to do that then I don't disagree. I think the other posters in this thread were intimating that the material in the package doesn't give all that much in helping to move from "may" to "actually do".

There is always some uncertainty.

Back