Personal experiences with Synchronicity and reflections upon

Hi... I am new and I am very glad I have found this forum.

I have had profound experiences with the phenomena, synchronicity, that date back 30 years. At one point I began to document these experiences. I am hoping to share many of these experiences and discuss the possibilities behind the phenomena.

Once I began to study any material I could find regarding the phenomena, I noticed that many folks who have some experience with synchronicity seem to experience what a collective might experience or at least they seem to interpret much of their experiences in relation to the collective. My experiences with the phenomena are primarily quite personal. In fact, some are so personal and involve matters that are extremely difficult to speak about beyond a few folks who I have grown close to (and have trust with).

I have never met anyone yet who has expressed anywhere near the level of experiences with synchronicity that are of a vastly personal nature as I have documented (and have accumulated the artifacts that support the synchronicity) where I am also prepared to share these publicly. This does not mean there are not folks who have had and continue to have incredible experiences with synchronicities of a personal nature... I am only stating I have yet to discover another who has their synchronicities documented, provide any possible artifacts and in cases where others are involved, have others willing to make statements about what they observed.

Essentially, what I am saying is that when I realized that my synchronicities were so incredibly impossible to simply be random, that I had developed "abilities" where I was (and am) able to increase the "synchronicity fertility rate and profundity level" environment such that it became impossible to continue to try and convince myself these events were entirely random and that I had simply begun to notice them more. I know this is a big statement. I also know there are and will be folks who, no matter what someone like me shares with them, they will stay rigid in their views that there is nothing to the phenomena and for me, this is fine, as I am not here to convince anyone that the phenomena is real.

So then why am I here and why am I posting about it? Simple. This phenomena played a key role in how my own life changed for the better. I make this statement from the point of view of others in my life. I changed in a way that others in my life experienced a far more pleasant and positive human being. This, of course, also made their own lives (and attitudes) better and thus one can see that the ripple effect can only impact the rest of the world in a better way. Knowing that even if only one human being who has had some experiences with synchronicity yet is still struggling with "is it real or not" reads anything I may write and by so doing, opens their mind further and increases their enthusiasm, then perhaps they will increase their experiences with the phenomena and start to open to the deeper conclusion I have opened to (and which I have experienced enough now to say I am convinced of)... and that is - all is connected.

I don't need a theory such as (as a hypothetical example) - mathematically proven quantum entanglement... through my experiences, I know. I don't need to convince those who prefer to remain skeptics as, in my opinion, they have that right to remain closed minded. I don't need to prove it either. As in my opinion (today) it is un-provable along the lines of the way what they call 'science" and the "scientific formula" requires. It seems (if I recall correctly) that science can only disprove a theory anyways... but I digress.

Why did my conclusion through personal experience that all is connected change me for the better? Simple. Because I am able to see that from one point of view we are all effected by all. This is why some of the mystery traditions conclude we are all one. I see things more like Tim Freke. I see both - we are one and we are many. He calls this paralogical thinking.

If we consider the possibility of continuance of individuation beyond the death of the physical body, we might even see the possibility of what I would call trilogical existence (and this suggests the soul).

OK... so now I have shown all my cards other than the actual experiences I will begin to share. Along the way, I will also share some of my theories. Mind you... I change my mind often. So a theory I might express at one point in time I may later no longer adhere to. My point is that I am not here to argue... I am here to share documented, supported by artifacts and witness by others experiences where any odds maker will see that the odds of the events are all but impossible and that does not even include a rating for the level of meaning the events pointed to.

Thanks for sharing Sam. That's pretty amazing. You two seem to have a very strong connection.

We do have a strong connection. This is one of the examples I have experienced where this supports one of my current conclusions... that when there is affinity, the ground from which profound synchronicities arise is well fertilized.

So far these are the factors I have identified in creating "positioning in the shared and universal psyche" where these types of experiences seem to much more greatly arise.

Number One - open mindedness to the phenomena

Number Two - a heightened enthusiasm for the phenomena, especially when one arises as this often leads to what I call - a synchronicity string.

Number Three - an affinity with the beings involved and/or an affinity to the meanings which might come to mind when events arise, whether these events involve organic creations or not does not seem to matter... all that can appear as "external to one's 'self'" is fair game to play a role in a synchronicity.

Last edited:
It's good to see that other people have experienced this sort of things. I also started documenting the chain that was discussed in the other thread because it just seemed impossible. To be honest, I am glad that there were other witnesses to some of these events (close people that still enjoy noting how out of character it was for me to be rendered speechless), because even now I can't fully convince myself that something like this could happen.

I have some remarkable one-off coincidences with things like the words "Trafalgar" and "Pagliacci" (I came across a man named "Pagliacci" the same week that I discovered the name of this opera, which seemed quite amusing at the time). But to have it happen so frequently with the same person and in circumstances that were so unlikely just shifted something in my belief system.

My personal conclusion is that there are some underlying patterns that we don't seem to notice because they manifest themselves by quotidian means (objects, sounds, encounters, etc. i.e. things that at first would not seem "supernatural" in nature), an intelligence of sorts that we only perceive when it manifests in a way that its relevant to ourselves and we pay attention, but that must be present even when we are not. These patterns certainly seem "meaningful" or "intentional", and when they become repetitive its hard to discount them as anything less that "intelligent", but I can't say if its a macro manifestation of the idea that conciousness collapses the wavefunction (and thus we are creating "order" and hence patterns) or if its the "language" of a different kind of entity (be it God, an universal/collective conciousness or something else).

Last edited:
You are not alone, Sam.

My life is now pretty much a waking dream. These things happen to me literally multiple times a day, and, as you might infer from my avatar, often involve wildlife encounters (the very first one 24 years ago, involving a close encounter with a peregrine falcon 30 seconds after I step out my back door for the express purpose of discovering all of the wildlife around me, is what got me on this path). If not that, then it's things that students and coworkers say to me. The synchs will often also involve what I call my "soul" songs, played on random shuffle on all of my devices, typically paralleling some external event. Post #4 pretty much mirrors my theory/dovetails with how I view these things.

In the meantime the effects of all of this on my psyche has been profound. 35 years ago I was wracked by severe depression, a totally lost soul. Now joy is my daily operative state of being, all pain having been blown out of me by the numinous wonder of it all (even mundane things such as the sun halo today can do it to me).

I essentially "call" them to me by having an expectant, open, but undemanding state of mind (I have done some Buddhist-style training and practice, yes). I've noticed that once I input ego into the process, they stop happening.

Now, I've ascribed the underlying rationale behind them all to a Connection that I have made (above the physical if you will) with a girl that I knew years ago (a victim of a soul walk-in/walk-out situation, very long story short-she was, near as I can tell, betrayed by a dark entity of some sort, apparently a deceased family member). I might be wrong about that, and in the end the ultimate reason(s) for these events may not matter all that much; I now have what I consider conclusive evidence that reality is nothing but consciousness.

I'd publicly post what has happened just in the past week, but alas even if use pseudonyms the confidentiality of the people in question (some clients) may be compromised; today I had an extended, connected series of them which involved 5 students of mine. PM if curious.

Oh-I've tried telling this entire mad tale to anyone who wants to listen. At some point (I usually send it in 3 parts), they will usually bail and not respond anymore, apparently concluding that I am deserving of place in some psych ward somewhere, or utterly obsessed with the woman in question. I don't really blame them, but it's all real.

~~~~~~~~

And your use of the "odds" thing at the end of your post directly echoes what a coworker said to me today when she was witness to one of these things-"What are the odds!?"

Last edited:
Hi... I am new and I am very glad I have found this forum.

I have had profound experiences with the phenomena, synchronicity, that date back 30 years. At one point I began to document these experiences. I am hoping to share many of these experiences and discuss the possibilities behind the phenomena.

Once I began to study any material I could find regarding the phenomena, I noticed that many folks who have some experience with synchronicity seem to experience what a collective might experience or at least they seem to interpret much of their experiences in relation to the collective. My experiences with the phenomena are primarily quite personal. In fact, some are so personal and involve matters that are extremely difficult to speak about beyond a few folks who I have grown close to (and have trust with).

I have never met anyone yet who has expressed anywhere near the level of experiences with synchronicity that are of a vastly personal nature as I have documented (and have accumulated the artifacts that support the synchronicity) where I am also prepared to share these publicly. This does not mean there are not folks who have had and continue to have incredible experiences with synchronicities of a personal nature... I am only stating I have yet to discover another who has their synchronicities documented, provide any possible artifacts and in cases where others are involved, have others willing to make statements about what they observed.

Essentially, what I am saying is that when I realized that my synchronicities were so incredibly impossible to simply be random, that I had developed "abilities" where I was (and am) able to increase the "synchronicity fertility rate and profundity level" environment such that it became impossible to continue to try and convince myself these events were entirely random and that I had simply begun to notice them more. I know this is a big statement. I also know there are and will be folks who, no matter what someone like me shares with them, they will stay rigid in their views that there is nothing to the phenomena and for me, this is fine, as I am not here to convince anyone that the phenomena is real.

So then why am I here and why am I posting about it? Simple. This phenomena played a key role in how my own life changed for the better. I make this statement from the point of view of others in my life. I changed in a way that others in my life experienced a far more pleasant and positive human being. This, of course, also made their own lives (and attitudes) better and thus one can see that the ripple effect can only impact the rest of the world in a better way. Knowing that even if only one human being who has had some experiences with synchronicity yet is still struggling with "is it real or not" reads anything I may write and by so doing, opens their mind further and increases their enthusiasm, then perhaps they will increase their experiences with the phenomena and start to open to the deeper conclusion I have opened to (and which I have experienced enough now to say I am convinced of)... and that is - all is connected.

I don't need a theory such as (as a hypothetical example) - mathematically proven quantum entanglement... through my experiences, I know. I don't need to convince those who prefer to remain skeptics as, in my opinion, they have that right to remain closed minded. I don't need to prove it either. As in my opinion (today) it is un-provable along the lines of the way what they call 'science" and the "scientific formula" requires. It seems (if I recall correctly) that science can only disprove a theory anyways... but I digress.

Why did my conclusion through personal experience that all is connected change me for the better? Simple. Because I am able to see that from one point of view we are all effected by all. This is why some of the mystery traditions conclude we are all one. I see things more like Tim Freke. I see both - we are one and we are many. He calls this paralogical thinking.

If we consider the possibility of continuance of individuation beyond the death of the physical body, we might even see the possibility of what I would call trilogical existence (and this suggests the soul).

OK... so now I have shown all my cards other than the actual experiences I will begin to share. Along the way, I will also share some of my theories. Mind you... I change my mind often. So a theory I might express at one point in time I may later no longer adhere to. My point is that I am not here to argue... I am here to share documented, supported by artifacts and witness by others experiences where any odds maker will see that the odds of the events are all but impossible and that does not even include a rating for the level of meaning the events pointed to.

Thanks

How fare are you to believe that, in fact, Life is a Shared Dream ?

That's what I think at least. What's your opinion on that ?

Thanks again.

That's been my conclusion (pretty much) as well-it has happened several times in the past week where I get songs (in one case a 9 song sequence surrounding Tolkien's Beren and Luthien story) shuffling in accordance with what I was thinking or feeling.

But not always.

Back