Precognitive Dream?

OK, just had to share this... Last night I woke up from a dream in which I was interacting with @alex.tsakiris. I've never dreamed about Alex, that I'm aware of. In the dream, the bit I recall, Alex gave me a sort of cardboard "puzzle" that would fold into a 3-D shape, like a cube or other 3-D geometrical shape. It had Christmas designs on it, as if it would have folded into some sort of Christmas tree decoration.

Then I thought, "I wonder if Alex has posted a new podcast?" So I looked today, and sure enough, Alex posted show #243 yesterday. I hadn't looked yesterday, I promise! I didn't visit the main website or forum, got no communication from anybody about it. So I believe my non-local consciousness, which comes through our subconscious mind, knew Alex had posted, and thus the dream. I think the "Christmas tree ornament" represented how happy/excited I am whenever Alex posts a new podcast -- it feels sort of like Christmas morning, makes my day (usually!). I always look forward to new shows. Not quite sure about the 2-D into 3-D symbolism, though - maybe going from an unmanifested state (as in a flat blueprint) to a manifested state in 3-D reality.

So, do you think this is an example of a precognitive dream?

So, do you think this is an example of a precognitive dream?
I think it probably is. Though of course there are different standards of assessment to be applied in considering whether something is valid enough to be useful in your daily life, or one is attempting to convince someone else.

The fact that you had the definite thought "I wonder if Alex has posted a new podcast?" suggests your interpretation of the symbols was probably the right one. Though sometimes there can be multiple layers of meaning in dream symbols, and other interpretations might be possible.

Possibly.

I'd work on enhancing dream recall and seeing if you can get stronger hits that would have a lower probability of being coincidental.

Thanks, Typoz and Sciborg. I realize there's a chance it just could be coincidence, but it's a meaningful coincidence - synchronicity at least. Even though I had the dream after (on the night of when) Alex actually posted, it seems to be precognitive for me. What makes it seem to be a hit and not just a coincidence for me is that I haven't dreamed of Alex/Skeptiko before. The one time I do dream about him, he has posted a new show, and on a topic of great personal interest to me. I've had past life memories that changed my life dramatically, and I'm interested in LBL regression to learn if I have a life's mission, though I haven't done one yet. Ususally when I recall vivid parts of dreams, in color, like this part was, it means it's important to me on a spiritual level. Ha, maybe it's a hint to go ahead and have a LBL regression. :)

I have to say it doesn't really scream precognitive dream to me. It may well have been a precognitive dream, but the symbolism is a little vague for me, however I do put alot of stock in dreaming, and the unbelievable amount of wisdom contained deep in the subconscious mind.

I have been keeping a dream diary for a good few months now, and have had 3 pre cognitive dreams so far, which have turned my world upside down (in a good way). Also, funnily, I had a dream last year about Alex going with his family to Russia, and meeting with some russian mobster types (hope it wasn't precognitive lol).

It might be a precognitive dream, but it certainly would not be evidence for precognitive dreaming.

A number of people - notably Andy - claim that they recall a lot of dreams and a significant number are seriously precognitive in the sense that some dream scenes are almost videos of a future event. If this is for real, then a lot of us possibly have less spectacular dreams that are associated with future events.

Personally, I find it really hard to recall my dreams. Maybe if I had the willpower so that when I woke with a dream in my head, I scuttled off and wrote it down, I'd do better, but I usually sleep with my partner, and she would not take kindly to my turning on a light and making notes in bed :)

David

Last edited:
It could be... could not be but it is good to be open to the possibility. The only real evidence is repetition and what are the odds of you getting that info. In this case Alex does post blogs often... so the possibility of chance is high.

If you continually though start to get information this way then it's a very good chance to be premonition. Write down what you get.. and then look back later on it and you will be surprised what actually happens that you never remember.

I get premonitions all the time... so much so that it's blase now.... but 2 days ago I had another premonition where for some reason I was at work and started thinking about my taps at home for my washing machine.... I make a note of turning them off all of my taps whenever I go away on a holiday for a period of time... and on Sunday I returned back from a week long trip to Melbourne.... and realised that I had forgotten to do it this time around.. and was thinking geez lucky nothing happened. I didn't think of it as a premonition though... just me remembering something random.

Well without a word of a lie I was at home sitting on the computer last night... and all of a sudden this almighty noise came from my washing room. I ran in to see water spraying everywhere.... the water hose attached to my washing machine burst and was flooding the room. If this had happened whilst I was away it would have flooded the entire house and destroyed it.

I've got absolutely no doubt this was a premonition... rather than just a random thought... although at the time I just assumed it was a random thought. The odds of this happening within days of me thinking of it are pretty astronomical... but it's not just a one off thing like this that tells me it's a premonition.. but the fact that the odds of what happened was so high... combined with the fact it happens so regularly.

In fact it happens so regularly that it often takes other people now to remind me of something I randomly said that came true... such as the Malaysian Airline crash.... so the key is to record what you get... so you can analyse and remember later. The mere fact you are aware of it though is good in itself... because opening up your awareness to the possibility of it happening... is how it starts to happen.

199305_10150153542253799_5484969_n.jpg

It could be... could not be but it is good to be open to the possibility. The only real evidence is repetition and what are the odds of you getting that info. In this case Alex does post blogs often... so the possibility of chance is high.

If you continually though start to get information this way then it's a very good chance to be premonition. Write down what you get.. and then look back later on it and you will be surprised what actually happens that you never remember.

I get premonitions all the time... so much so that it's blase now.... but 2 days ago I had another premonition where for some reason I was at work and started thinking about my taps at home for my washing machine.... I make a note of turning them off all of my taps whenever I go away on a holiday for a period of time... and on Sunday I returned back from a week long trip to Melbourne.... and realised that I had forgotten to do it this time around.. and was thinking geez lucky nothing happened. I didn't think of it as a premonition though... just me remembering something random.

Well without a word of a lie I was at home sitting on the computer last night... and all of a sudden this almighty noise came from my washing room. I ran in to see water spraying everywhere.... the water hose attached to my washing machine burst and was flooding the room. If this had happened whilst I was away it would have flooded the entire house and destroyed it.

I've got absolutely no doubt this was a premonition... rather than just a random thought... although at the time I just assumed it was a random thought. The odds of this happening within days of me thinking of it are pretty astronomical... but it's not just a one off thing like this that tells me it's a premonition.. but the fact that the odds of what happened was so high... combined with the fact it happens so regularly.

In fact it happens so regularly that it often takes other people now to remind me of something I randomly said that came true... such as the Malaysian Airline crash.... so the key is to record what you get... so you can analyse and remember later. The mere fact you are aware of it though is good in itself... because opening up your awareness to the possibility of it happening... is how it starts to happen.

199305_10150153542253799_5484969_n.jpg

Crikey! Get a stainless steel set next time.

I think Frank has the right of it. And I'd add that trusting this sort of phenomena within reason even when the truth is unclear isn't a bad idea.

For example, I once had a strong premonition that my friend and I shouldn't go out one night. It felt like someone or something was trying to attack us spiritually. As a good "rationalist" I dismissed this as nonsensical.....and we were car jacked at gunpoint, forced to withdraw cash from an ATM and then in order to bargain for our lives we had to go back home and give them a few laptops and other valuables.

Even if it was coincidence, looking back if I'd simply accepted the reality of Psi as a possibility and not been so desperate to assert skepticism against my own subconscious, I could have avoided one of the most traumatic incidences I'd ever experienced.

Back