Psychedelics and the UFO phenomena

Hello, I'm writing a book that deals with psychedelics and the UFO phenomena. I'm interested in collecting anecdotal reports from people who have had these experiences while on a mind-altering substance. While I'm not necessarily looking for entity encounters as that can go into a whole different realm, I am open to reports that do include abduction and physical contact with beings while maintaining the UFO experience itself. I also don't intend this to be just about aliens, as the UFO subject has an extremely wide scope of subtopics, but I suppose I am looking at it through the lense of modernistic western culture and find it interesting that the rise of UFO sightings not only coincided with the deployment of the atomic bomb but also with the discovery of LSD. I have had an experience myself while on lsd with 3 other friends about 16-17 years ago and it has stayed with me so I'm approaching this as an experiencer and participant. Please feel free to email me at altrusiangracemedia@yahoo.com. You can visit my Amazon author page at http://amazon.com/author/mattschmitz and my blog is at http://Altrusiangrace.com

I'm particularly interested in reports that contain synchronicities or a good deal of high strangeness. Please include the type of substance and dosage, along with your story - the more detailed the better. Also interested in the context of your psychedelics usage, i.e. For fun, spiritual enlightenment, etc.

If possible, please also provide me a name that you're comfortable with publicly(it can be your full name , first name, initials, anonymous, etc. ) and also just a brief and simple statement granting me (Matt Schmitz) permission to use your story in my book.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry Matt, no UFO experiences for me whilst under the influence!

However, I would be interested to hear your experience? Or perhaps a link to somewhere it is already mentioned?

And, no doubt, I'm sure you've read Mckenna's Food of the Gods (I think) where UFOs whilst under the unfluence pay quite a large part.

Sorry Matt, no UFO experiences for me whilst under the influence!

However, I would be interested to hear your experience? Or perhaps a link to somewhere it is already mentioned?

And, no doubt, I'm sure you've read Mckenna's Food of the Gods (I think) where UFOs whilst under the unfluence pay quite a large part.

McKennas True Hallucinations was my first exposure to the merging of these phenomena. Also graham Hancocks Supernatural book later on has a lot to say in regards to this.

Very briefly, my experience with 3 other friends under the influence of LSD. Originally we we going to experiment with some of castanedas work with a sorcerer circle but the acid was not strong enough to break on through. I really had minimal visuals, more body buzz. We ended up just hanging out in the trailer(was up north on some land) and smoked some grass and it was more of an introspective gathering and less of a party. At some point I received what I believe was a psychic flash or message to bring everyone outside and to the road. There was a feeling of urgency. Once on the road I looked around, saw what I thought was a bright star to the north, then thought it was just a plane but it was moving incredibly fast from east to west. It began pulsing and swirling with colors very much like Venus or Sirius does but more intense. Everyone watched as I pointed it out. Halfway across my line of sight, it changed speed like it hit a slow motion button or something. It passed behind some trees and reappeared in a clearing, still on its trajectory. It stopped and then began a wild zigzag, bouncing around like a pinball. After about 10 seconds of this it stopped again, still in the visually open space between the trees and then proceeded its original course in slow motion. Then it disappeared for good behind more trees. All four of us saw this object and we were left with our jaws hanging wide open.

For me, the really important aspect was this instinctive urging that happened sitting inside the trailer. I practically jumped up and said "we have to go outside right now!"

Brilliant, thanks for sharing! I've heard similar so many times now, and many were not even under the influence of psychedelics, were just woken up in the middle of the night with this "instinctive urging" - fascinating stuff.

True Hallucinations, that was probably the one then!! Great book :)

Cheers.

So as I delve deeper into this stuff, discovering new characters in these fields, their connections to each other, etc. it becomes evident that I have to take into account the "consciousness " aspect as a whole. Each day it seems my research expands in scope - fairly intimidating for a first time book writer. Anyways I've come across some interesting things to watch and could lead to some Skeptiko guest recommendations. Most notably I've discovered Thinking Allowed which is an awesome interview show hosted by Jeffrey Mishlove. Check out that guest list! Heres the link to the website: http://www.thinkingallowed.com
They have 2 related YouTube channels with full shows.

Back