Mod+ Raymond Moody explains why Nonsense isn't such a bad thing.

Raymond Moody has been quite busy lately. I'm very curious about a few things he mentioned in a recent Coast to Coast about an upcoming event taking place in Florida. A portion of that can be listened to on youtube:

Moody says he will be presenting a breakthrough in how the afterlife is studied, including how to go about answering many important questions in major areas of professional and personal life.

These topics will be presented for the first time in Florida, on January 17-18, 2014 at the LOGIC OF NONSENSE in a conference seminar setting.
In the following video Moody states that there are 4 misconceptions about Nonsense:
1) That Nonsense is bad
2) That Nonsense is a form if non-existence or chaos (there's "nothing to it" or it's "incoherent")
3) That Nonsense equals falsehood
4) That Nonsense is totally beyond the realm of reason and logic

I'm not quite sure how all of this applies to studying the afterlife, but I am pleased to hear that Moody is involved in a new film series in which he will be interviewing people who have had spiritually transformative experiences. The first interview is with Eben Alexander.

I've a great deal of respect for Raymond Moody, but don't know what to make of what appear to me to be ambitious predictions of a breakthrough. I've listened to most of the Coast to Coast interview, there are three of four parts uploaded to his own youtube page so far.

Here's the link to the site about The Logic of Nonsense

Dunno... but it looks like he thinks that by using nonsense we can tap into the 'child' in us, and by doing so reactivate some early developmental process that might improve our ability to make new and unexpected neural connections...

Dunno... but it looks like he thinks that by using nonsense we can tap into the 'child' in us, and by doing so reactivate some early developmental process that might improve our ability to make new and unexpected neural connections...
That makes sense in terms of his references to Dr Seuss. I'd like to see a breakthrough in terms of finding new ways of understanding life's big questions. Children often have an easier time making sense of unusual experiences, just as long as they are not made to feel badly for talking about them by adults.

Moody is definitely onto something with this. Logic has ceased to be the mirror to reality it used to be, and Raymond Moody is pointing us in new directions. I applaud him for it.

Moody is definitely onto something with this. Logic has ceased to be the mirror to reality it used to be, and Raymond Moody is pointing us in new directions. I applaud him for it.
As I heard his interview, Dr. Moody explained his fascination with language and words themselves as discrete crystallized abstractions that evoke an idea or set of assumptions based on how a word is commonly used. These discrete notions are lined up in a kind of linear fashion to communicate in an functional manner a set of ideas or beliefs that can be understood by an equivalent intellect. In the case of the word 'nonsense', the meaning seems to be universally negative and has been sort of hijacked and simplified. The word 'nonsense' may actually imply a whole set of alternative experiences or modes of communicating, which are outside the mainstream of what we consider structured reality and ordered language. I was happy to see this string because I was entranced by Dr. Moody's last podcast and especially the segment relating to modes or types of nonsense. Later I took the time to investigate types of nonsense and found little outside of Dr. Moody's study. I think Dr. Moody relates to this word 'nonsense' as subversive to the established order of naturalistic reality. He has taken it upon himself to tease out all the ways we could use the term and has come up with 70 different types of experience or definitions of nonsense. Its brilliant work.