Robert Anton Wilson resources

Brian_the_bard

Lost Pilgrim
Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson is for those interested in doing some personal consciousness experiments. You can get it here: http://www.whale.to/c/Prometheus Rising.pdf

Here is a small taste:

As Dr. Leonard Orr has noted, the human mind behaves as if it were divided into two parts, the Thinker and the
Prover. The Thinker can think about virtually anything. History shows that it can think the earth is suspended on the backs of infinite turtles or that the Earth is hollow, or that the Earth is floating in space; comparative religion and philosophy show that the Thinker can regard itself as mortal, as immortal, as both mortal and immortal (the reincarnation model) or even as non-existent (Buddhism). It can think itself into living in a Christian universe, a Marxist universe, a scientific-relativistic universe, or a Nazi universe—among many possibilities.

As psychiatrists and psychologists have often observed (much to the chagrin of their medical colleagues), the Thinker can think itself sick, and can even think itself well again.

The Prover is a much simpler mechanism. It operates on one law only: Whatever the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves.

Last edited:

Brian_the_bard

Lost Pilgrim
Quantum Psychology
The follow up to Prometheus rising. More excercises to play with your brain!

Cosmic Trigger pt1 - Final Secret Of The Illuminati
An autobiographical exploration of consciousness.

"Belief in the traditional sense, or certitude, or dogma, amounts to the grandiose delusion, "My current model" — or grid, or map, or reality-tunnel — "contains the whole universe and will never need to be revised." In terms of the history of science and of knowledge in general, this appears absurd and arrogant to me, and I am perpetually astonished that so many people still manage to live with such a medieval attitude."

"As the late, great H.P. Lovecraft might begin this narrative: It is now nearly 13 years since the ill-fated day when I first began investigating the terrible legends surrounding the enigmatic Bavarian Illuminati, an alleged conspiracy that some people believe rules the world. Like a Lovecraft hero, I embarked on my research with no suspicion of the perils awaiting me: I thought I was just investigating a notable case of political paranoia and expected to find only some insight into the psychology which causes otherwise sane individuals to subscribe to such absurdly ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Eventually, in collaboration with Robert J. Shea, I wrote a three-volume satirical novel on the conspiracy, Illuminatus! Completing such an exhaustingly long book should have terminated my interest in the subject, but my researches continued nonetheless, evidently propelled by some mysterious momentum. (Rising organ music, please.) I had become psychically hooked to the Illuminati. Like a tarantula in the bedsheets or the laugh of a woman you once loved, the accursed Illuminati simply could not be forgotten or ignored. This was most annoying to the Skeptic, who is one of the 24 selves who live within me and the only one who usually possesses veto power over all the others."

Plenty of reviews and links here

Schrödinger's Cat trilogy e-book

The Robert Anton Wilson official website

Last edited:

Brian_the_bard

Lost Pilgrim
The Illuminatus Trilogy

The cult classic that got me interested.

"The Purple Sage opened his mouth and moved his tongue and so spake to them and he said: The Earth quakes and the Heavens rattle; the beasts of nature flock together and the nations of men flock apart; volcanoes usher up heat while elsewhere water becomes ice and melts; and then on other days it just rains. Indeed do many things come to pass."

Wilson is one of those rare social gadflies in the vein of Terence Mckenna and Bill Hicks who pokes and prods at our common sense view of reality, which in the majority of the population is polarized between fundamentalist religion and dogmatic materialism. Prometheus was quite an interesting read, which apart from its interesting psychological exercises and his concept of reality tunnels, showed how some people manage to embody or imprint an extreme of one of his consciousness circuit, the unflinching rationalist, the righteous moralist etc.

You might want to check Wilber's Spectrum of Consciousness. His gradation of consciousness is much in line with Leary's, but with a heavy accent on Freudian and Jungian psychology. He also expands more on the higher stages.