Mod+ Rupert Sheldrake's DIY On-Line and Off-Line Psi Experiments

This thread is devoted to the do-it-yourself experiments posted by Rupert Sheldrake at his website, Sheldrake.org. For the purposes of this thread we're assuming psi is real; if you believe that is not the case, that's a different topic, but please still consider doing Sheldrake's experiments. You may surprise yourself!

Many Skeptiko listeners are at least somewhat familiar with Sheldrake's work. He's a biologist and expanded-consciousness luminary and has been interviewed and/or consulted several times for Skeptiko. Some may not be aware yet, or may have forgotten, that Sheldrake has been a leader in making simple psi tests readily available for anyone to use. The rationale, at least in part, is simple: if the dominant materialist blockage is too resistant, do an end run. Let people try it for themselves. The relevant web site for the experiments is:

http://www.sheldrake.org/Onlineexp/portal/

The quickest and easiest experiment is an audio anticipation test which you can do immediately, by yourself, on-line. It takes about six minutes. Other experiments given there are somewhat more involved and require you to recruit one or more partners, but are still readily doable if you have any friends:(.

Here are the results for the first fifteen months of the online staring experiment (2003-2005), involving 343 pairs of participants:

Maybe at some point, the owner or admins will let me know that this section won''t be all that I conceived as being. I hope not but given that there are those few like yourself seem to not get it it may come to that.

This thread is about a science experiment. It is appropriate in the Consciousness and Science section. I've explained the difference to you twice now and still . . . Let's put it this way - if it's about "proving", "testing" or data gathering/analysis it is not what this subsection is about.

I did think that this section would be slow to build. I didn't anticipate people not being clear on what it's for.

If you want to ask admin to delete the thread, I won't object. If you would be a little less condescending, I won't object to that either. Unfortunately, I can't put you on ignore because you post a lot of good stuff, sadly riddled with barbs.