Scientists show future events decide what happens in the past

The picture I get in my head - about how Quantum Mechanics is dealt with by zealous skeptical scientists - is of a slightly panicked scientist in a lab coat, sitting on a box labelled `Quantum Mechanics´ that is violently shaking, of a beast inside who struggles to get out, while the scientist in the lab coat, bouncing up and down on its lid trying to hold it down, shouts; "-Nothings to see here good folks - nothing to see. Just move along now, nothing to see here - at all." ;)

More evidence from physics that the future can affect the past. Parapsychologists should be excited and sceptics should raise their prior probability (rather than their eyebrows) about the existence of precognition :)

Mainstream science has now shown that:

1) quantum theory predicts retrocausation (certain interpretations of it at least)
2) these predictions about retrocausation have been experimentally confirmed
3) quantum effects can be observed in biological systems, namely proteins, at room temperature (as experimentally demonstrated in algae)

All the above has been published in Nature I believe. For me, it doesn't seem a huge leap for mainstream science to ask the next follow up question:

4) can retrocausation occur in biological systems?

and then:

5) can retrocausation occur in the brain?

Perhaps, if the system within which retrocausation occurs is cognition then we have a research question that is asking about the occurrence of precognition. Interestingly, all neurons contain proteins, called ion channels, embedded in their membranes that function to control when and where the neuron fires. There's already been a paper talking about quantum coherence in these channels (http://arxiv.org/abs/1206.0637).

It is a difficult thing to get your head around. Retrocausality is assumed if you insist that the particles actually travelled one route or both as a fact it has happened. This is the realism interpretation that the properties objectively exist.

However the wave form is a superposition of states, it is not even applicable to say the particles even traveled I think. The alternative to retrocausality is that the particles past is not actually real until it is observed. Until it is interpreted.

I think the quantum information interpretation has explanatory power. Information has no intrinsic meaning onto itself and requires interpretation to actually manifest. Quantum cryptography exploits these facts into working principles, neither you nor anyone else can know the state of the system, any peeking, any knowledge of the system, any extraction of information collapses the superposition.

A new piece of information is added to the universe. it does not have to mean the moon is not there when you are not looking, but that perhaps the universe is sewn together with each collapse of the waveform. Past, present, future. Time I think is intrinsic only to matter. However information is not matter or energy.

More evidence from physics that the future can affect the past. Parapsychologists should be excited and sceptics should raise their prior probability (rather than their eyebrows) about the existence of precognition :)

Mainstream science has now shown that:

1) quantum theory predicts retrocausation (certain interpretations of it at least)
2) these predictions about retrocausation have been experimentally confirmed
3) quantum effects can be observed in biological systems, namely proteins, at room temperature (as experimentally demonstrated in algae)

All the above has been published in Nature I believe. For me, it doesn't seem a huge leap for mainstream science to ask the next follow up question:

4) can retrocausation occur in biological systems?

and then:

5) can retrocausation occur in the brain?

Perhaps, if the system within which retrocausation occurs is cognition then we have a research question that is asking about the occurrence of precognition. Interestingly, all neurons contain proteins, called ion channels, embedded in their membranes that function to control when and where the neuron fires. There's already been a paper talking about quantum coherence in these channels (http://arxiv.org/abs/1206.0637).
Well, we already know of quantum vibrations occurring within neuron microtubules as well. The brain is looking more and more like a quantum biological system instead of the wet, noisy Newtonian apparatus that we were taught about at school. So, would it really be that big of a leap?

"Professor Truscott said that the experiment showed that; “A future event causes the photon to decide its past.” There is also good evidence that quantum processes take place inside our brains and within our body cells, as reported by the Guardian last year. "However, I wouldn't advise you to run at a wall to see if you can pass through it."

:D