Mod+ Second hand accounts of the paranormal

S

Sciborg_S_Patel

A bit removed from the boarders sharing personal experiences, this is basically a collection of stories you've been told directly in conversation.

Why Mod+ -> Intended as a way to just see what might be happening to people. Metaphysical debates and what not can, if the other person is willing, be taken to other threads. (Keep in mind this is the Consciousness & Spirituality forum.)

Let's also avoid linking to other sites. I'd actually suggest cutting & pasting the story, and changing the names. Perhaps even getting permission from the person who posted it elsewhere might not be a bad idea.

Quick rundown of some things family/friends have experienced:

- Two ghosts in a friend's house. One just moves stuff around, but is really mischievous rather than evil. I think they even had a name for the ghost? The other ghost only shows as shadows on the wall, always in the shape of a Klansmen. Note the latter is more disturbing given she's black.

- Many family members are convinced my twin sister and I are our paternal great-grandparents reincarnated. The belief - tied to our being from a Hindu family - is our souls wanted to be close together so we jumped into our mother's womb after passing on (though I don't believe my great-great grandparents died at the same time?).

Bit of "synchronicity" is that this happens to two dead lovers in Alan Moore's Promethea, they're reborn as twins to an Indian woman. It's cute, but even I'm not convinced.

- I have friends who have seen all kinds of crazy crap, too bad it almost always centers around "I swear it wasn't just the drugs!" My cousin who has taken DMT is really into the spiritual stuff, went to South America and ended up getting to know some shamans down there.

- Similar to the UFO stories elsewhere, I have a friend who says he saw some weird shadows on the ground that didn't correspond to anything in the sky.

- A bunch of family and friends believe in premonitions, that someone they're thinking of will call them.

- Lots of ghost stories, but most of these are sensations rather than sightings.

- One friend says she saw a being of benevolent light that she thinks was an angel.

- Deja vu occurrences like that cat editing out of the Matrix. Events they swear happened but didn't, for example someone having a tattoo they saw. Apparently they were completely sober when this fictional tattoo was seen, so if they're telling the truth it is pretty weird.

- Claims of pyrokinesis that I've never seen, being able to shape flames into various forms. Since I'm always sober, I wish I was at these bonfires. They even have a name for the spirit, "The Keeper of the Fire." Still, lots of synchronicity ends up connecting to this Keeper guy in weird ways.

- Friends who have astrally projected. My one friend told me never to do this, that there are dangerous things out there in the spiritual plane.

- Friend who can detect lost objects and find them via "dowsing". Have to take her word for it, as I've seen her stumble around looking for crap that she misplaced. ;-P

Last edited by a moderator:
Close friend who was staying in a shared student house whilst studying Music. Had been told by other students of an occasional spontaneous noise in the house of a glass breaking. Later that year he and another student were talking together in a room when they both heard a glass break next to them in room. Very loud, right in the room with them. Another foreign student when told said "I know it's really strange, that stuff isn't supposed to happen".

My own experience upon awakening in the middle of the night in 2007, of a moving male apparition from shoulders up, in brilliant colour and incredible detail like an actor illuminated on a dark stage. Lasted for something less than a minute. Some sort of smudge/awareness left at the visual location, when I looked away each time, but also some after-image left on retina which moved with my vision. When I overlapped both smudge, and retina after-image, the apparition jumped back into brilliant colour and detail. Investigated, and found sufficient evidence to suggest that it may of been an image of a person from the past.

Childhood OBE about a second property of my dads, showing the scene of a break in through the rear kitchen door. Begged Dad to visit as I believed summat had happened to the property as the dream like OBE had such unusual qualities of detail and colour. When we visited an hour or so later with my brothers, we found the house had been broken into just as I had described.

Very young 3 y/o daughter of a friend, who's childminder (family friend) committed suicide by hanging herself. For a few months afterwards, the child mentioned quite spontaneously (when in company of other family) that she would see the Childminder in a doorway, or outside a window.

I do recall one interesting story told to me, where a guy who turned out to be a murderer stopped over at their house - I think because of something wrong with his truck IIRC.

Their little girl starts screaming at the man, saying she wants him to get out of the house, and the parents have to take her out of the room she's so hysterical.

At the time they couldn't make sense of her reaction as she's good with strangers, only when they saw the guy on the news again did they realize.

Some reflections from a poster at Kastrup's forum, there's an NDE and a mystical experience in there but figured it was worth posting in its entirety:

Despite all the millions of words generated through philosophizing

Enlightenment is not all that complicated

We are all one Consciousness

The universe, everything, exists within Consciousness

Whatever you do you to yourself

Love is all that matters

With this knowledge it is just possible to continue...

Some Thoughts on the Passing of my Momma

My good momma passed unexpectedly on Feb. 9. From the usual perspective her body was almost eighty. In the role she played in this life she was a practical German woman, generally very calm and quiet, the consummate traditional homemaker. Perhaps my sister’s words describe her best:

"In Loving Memory of Our Momma

A devoted wife and mother

Her biggest wish was for her family’s happiness, their stomachs full and never to be a burden

She believed in God, loved her home, enjoyed nature and lived a selfless life

She will be missed forever

God bless you Momma!!!!"

I’m the oldest and our relationship was always good. We were perhaps the least excitable of the family, not letting too much get to us. As happens, after I struck out on my own some forty years ago we only saw each other a few times a year and of course talked more often on the phone. Our lives diverged as was expected. Things were always good between us, no issues that needed resolution.

I’ve gone through several spiritual crises in my life centered on extreme fear of death and presenting as anxiety. Momma never really seemed to fear death much and accepted it as part of life. She had her faith, where I being the extreme intellectual had to know what was going on. I remember during my first crises twenty years ago she said it would be terrible if nobody ever died. I was just beginning to realize the Oneness of All at that point.

Being a student of the NDE I sometimes talked to my family about them as a way of showing them that knowledge of ultimate reality was available and was useful. I’d had several spiritual experiences as well which generally met with puzzled looks. I remember one time I was talking about some of the experiences people have when they die and my mother said “Well why don’t you just wait to have your own experience…” very matter of fact. I know she worried about my manic behavior during these crises, wondering why I couldn’t just go on with life. With the help of loved ones I managed to.

In the past few years she did have a few medical issues including some heart surgery and a defibrillator/pacemaker installed. At one point she had a small aggressive breast tumor and the doctor in his best bedside manner basically said she was dead. She didn’t want chemo, had a lumpectomy and was cancer free afterwards. She did have a spiritual experience. In the hospital she said she suddenly found herself floating in clouds then when back in her bed saw through her hospital door window two older people talking.

The door didn’t have a window in our reality. It was at this time she made arrangements for her funeral. She said it was selfish for others to try and hold on to someone when it was time for them to go.

The last couple of years she was less enthusiastic about life saying she was old, tired and couldn’t do to much anymore. She always said that no matter what happens life goes on and just continue. I asked her if she ever had dreams or encounters with any deceased relatives and she always said no. Evidently her psychic quotient was close to zero.

The last couple of weeks she was fighting a cold and tried to stay away from people to avoid infecting them.

My brother found her unexpectedly passed in bed February 9. She did have a few things out, religious passages and notes which he though were unusual. So at 0900 on Feb. 9 2016 I got THE CALL from my brother that we all get at some point. After that there was the drive from Maryland to North Carolina and two weeks worth of arrangements and helping my dad.

When people get to be in their 70’s THE CALL can’t be totally unexpected of course. I felt sadness but by the same token I seem to have been in training for this day for the past few years. In 2013 I had a profound spiritual experience of the sound of God and since then have been immersed once again in the study of death, NDEs, ADCs etc.

My mom actually passed in the best way possible. She had a great fear of stroking out, being stuck in a hospital, and wasting slowly away. She was still getting around and mentally sharp, ate a good meal the day before she died.

The Drs. office called after she passed and said the defibrillator had gone off at 5:00AM. I’m sure at that time she was feeling the warm vibrational energy one feels as an OBE begins, saw her body lying on the bed with no real attachment to it. Her brother was probably there to guide her on. She probably hesitated a moment, knew we would all be fine, and then drawn by the undeniable attraction of Love started a new phase of her evolution.

I’m sure she arranged it this way. No burden to anyone, no massive medical bills.

Looked at from the perspective of higher knowing nothing bad happened to her. Just the opposite. She graduated to a life of Love and Light. I know my momma really didn’t create me since what we all really are is eternal Consciousness not bodies.

I never actually saw my mom in this life because she is Consciousness, the same Consciousness I and we all are. Something that can’t be seen or detected directly in any way. She never was an individual who could end. We know there really is nothing to “matter” and that the universe is simply a projection in the mind of God and life forms are roles that God is playing. By the same token all the information of the personality of momma exists and is eternal.

Despite the higher knowing we still play the game of Love with all the emotions that involves. At her funeral my dad, her husband of sixty years, said “ God needed another angel, one with experience.”

There have already been signs from her and as time goes on I hope to connect with her myself and know her in new ways. I’m not going to make the mistake of talking about her in the past tense.

I’m sure there is a celebration going on right now in heaven for a life well lived.

My problem with all these accounts, is that Love on its own would likely degenerate into boredom. I mean even the most loving couples also need things to do - interests!

David

My problem with all these accounts, is that Love on its own would likely degenerate into boredom. I mean even the most loving couples also need things to do - interests!

David

Boredom might be the reason for reincarnation. There are also possibly different realities with rules different from ours?

Note the poster of that account did expect his mother was continuing a journey toward greater understanding/love.

David

I think that is such a human thing to say. :)

Maybe you're right, but I am happier to leave it open and say that we can't possibly know what experiencing (much) higher consciousness will be like.

David

I agree that there are both attractive and repelling experiences... and they all seem to have a purpose... frightening NDE's seem to suggest that... even if you look at the GoT's - it suggests that if your suffering, poor etc you're closer to the truth because of those experience... whatever the truth is. But I can't help feeling that if strong feelings (from coherence) spread out in space-time (i.e. there is a disproportionately high ratio of hauntings from suffering strangers in the past etc). Then coherence of whatever type is what is important... and 'Love' is just a very powerful attractive type of experience...

David

(I hope this doesn't sound corny or trite) I had several long conversations with a guy who'd been dead for 4 minutes and I really tried to get an understanding of what that other reality was like for him. He simply couldn't find words for the beauty and the peace (bit of a cliché now, sorry) . I asked him to name a place on earth that came close to it and he said there isn't anywhere. But more than that the feeling or the atmosphere of that place or whatever you want to call it, was not something that can be imagined (that's what he said) or conceived of. In other words picturing yourself in the Seychelles was not it, (although that would do for me)

He used to go silent and try and come back with something better and then give up again. He did impress me with his total lack of fear of death which was noted by his doctors. He lost quite a big portion of his heart function (damaged by the arrest) and was like a ticking time bomb but unlike the heart attack survivors who hadn't had this experience, he didn't care if he died or not.

He talked about his body like it wasn't him and the last time I spoke to him before he died he said (referring to his body) "That's going to dust"

I find it hard to imagine how a malfunctioning brain can produce effects like that.

(I hope this doesn't sound corny or trite) I had several long conversations with a guy who'd been dead for 4 minutes and I really tried to get an understanding of what that other reality was like for him. He simply couldn't find words for the beauty and the peace (bit of a cliché now, sorry) . I asked him to name a place on earth that came close to it and he said there isn't anywhere. But more than that the feeling or the atmosphere of that place or whatever you want to call it, was not something that can be imagined (that's what he said) or conceived of. In other words picturing yourself in the Seychelles was not it, (although that would do for me)

He used to go silent and try and come back with something better and then give up again. He did impress me with his total lack of fear of death which was noted by his doctors. He lost quite a big portion of his heart function (damaged by the arrest) and was like a ticking time bomb but unlike the heart attack survivors who hadn't had this experience, he didn't care if he died or not.

He talked about his body like it wasn't him and the last time I spoke to him before he died he said (referring to his body) "That's going to dust"

I find it hard to imagine how a malfunctioning brain can produce effects like that.

I've had my own STE, and it's not possible to put the strength of this feelings into words... indeed my experience here is but a pale shadow of there with all the emotional colour drained away.

But they are not all like that are they... some are frightening, yet despite that they all seem generally positively reconciled, the frightening ones just seem repelling... As in pushing you away from past behaviours, as opposed to attracting you towards behaviours...

... In each case the issue seems to be the relative relationship between the experient and the group... and whether you exceed the average and are discouraged, or receed from the average and are encouraged.

If we knew more about people's psychological background, and the details under which their experience occurred, I reckon we might be able to predict the type of experience. Mine, Eben Alexander's and Nancy Bush's experiences make more sense because they reveal personal background information about themselves.

If we knew more about people's psychological background, and the details under which their experience occurred

I know about my "friend's" background because he told me. Just a very practical master mechanic and he had never heard or read about a near death experience.

But they are not all like that are they... some are frightening,

True and I don't know what to make of those.

I've had my own STE, and it's not possible to put the strength of this feelings into words

Was that in addition to your remote viewing type experience of the terrace house ?

I know about my "friend's" background because he told me. Just a very practical master mechanic and he had never heard or read about a near death experience.

True and I don't know what to make of those.

Was that in addition to your remote viewing type experience of the terrace house ?

Yeah, I mean a persons background as perhaps teased apart by a psychotherapist.

Yes my STE, was in addition to the breakin OBE, but around the same age, give or take a year I reckon...

http://www.oberf.org/max_b_dream.htm

Sometimes wonder if perhaps I was choking at the time; whether it had summat to do with my grandfathers death; some summary of my future life; or summat else...

I sooo remember the feeling of incredible relief arriving home - from what felt like a totally mad world - and the indescribable feelings of love and joy at my return... and that powerful message that nothing that had happened here mattered, all that mattered was my return.

I can see it's an 'attractive' experience towards rejoining the group, which is somehow related to my childhood, and that makes sense to me. But I still feel the experience functions on other more 'mystical' levels, containing some knowledge that I don't quite understand here.

This is a phrase you used before - does it imply that some people don't return?

David

It might just be for me David... ?

...being sensitive and quite clever, but dyslexic and bullied by my siblings, but rather powerful, and considering the conditions under which I was brought up, today I've been told I probably would have been put into care by the local authority for neglect by my parents.

I had to look after myself, as both of them were 'dangerous'... one was simply incapable, and the other absent... I was certainly a serious little soul, very bright, frustrated by my dyslexia, and too powerful for my own good... but that's how I had learned to survive. In later life those coping skills were no longer appropriate, and the personal development I went through over 7 years in the end was mainly about rejoining the group, and learning to understand how beautiful it was to let somebody take care me... the very thing I had learned 'not' to do, because of my 'relatively' dangerous and neglectful parents, and the need to keep myself safe from them behaviour.

Soooo... with all that said, you might see that my STE at 11-12, looks like an 'attractive' experience towards rejoining the group, and perhaps that I needed a message that I could be less careful about the world (comparatively), and that the group loved me, and would care for me if I returned, and let them.

The power of the experience would come from the need to integrate something so basic into my 'core', something that I had blocked for so long, so that releasing it finally was tectonic in scale!

I have always felt that those who have these experiences due to physical circumstances... are reconciling the groups average pattern... with their own pattern... and the bigger the distance between the patterns... The bigger the rationalising experience is which explains them.

Nancy had a frightening experience that pushed her to assert herself in life, just the kick she needed considering her life upto that point.

Eben as an adoptee, was rejected twice by his natural parents, and was suffering deeply because of it... Learning that he was really loved was just the experience he needed.

But in my view, to explain these experiences, there is obviously some profound process going on (right here, right now) that we don't understand, and are completely misguided about.

Have I healed something... in myself, and within my family... I'd like to think so.... at least I believe so.

Yes my STE, was in addition to the breakin OBE, but around the same age, give or take a year I reckon...

Right, that's interesting

I sooo remember the feeling of incredible relief arriving home - from what felt like a totally mad world - and the indescribable feelings of love and joy at my return... and that powerful message that nothing that had happened here mattered, all that mattered was my return

Sounds like an NDE ..but you didn't have any illness presumably which could have triggered it ?

Sometimes wonder if perhaps I was choking at the time

Something must have occurred I think to get that depth of experience

I never actually saw my mom in this life because she is Consciousness, the same Consciousness I and we all are. Something that can’t be seen or detected directly in any way. She never was an individual who could end. We know there really is nothing to “matter” and that the universe is simply a projection in the mind of God and life forms are roles that God is playing.

That poster is a sick and evil individual. That post on Kastrup's forum is the worst kind of hate speech.

That poster doesn't talk about any paranormal/spiritual experience. She merely tells about her mother's death and her own beliefs. She uses it as an excuse to spread the oneness propaganda. People like her hate individuality, and they would want everyone to be enslaved by this insane cult.

I don't think that she is gullible. I think that she is evil and she knows what she is doing. North Korea is a perfect example of the end result of this kind of collectivist ideology.

Fortunately psychical research and logical thinking negate all her conclusions.

Back