Show suggestion: Mark Anthony - Evidence of Eternity

Where are you baby-stepping me to? Is there anywhere to go?

:)There's that cliche about someone raised in slavery not realizing there was any other lifestyle Yes, there are places to go. Or in your case, states to direct your attention to that aren't governed by intellect. But I'm not baby-stepping you. I would if I could. But you're the only one in the cockpit.

Another trick to playing is to posit a question and then avoid seeking the answer - be in the question or even be the question.

:)There's that cliche about someone raised in slavery not realizing there was any other lifestyle Yes, there are places to go. Or in your case, states to direct your attention to that aren't governed by intellect. But I'm not baby-stepping you. I would if I could. But you're the only one in the cockpit.

Another trick to playing is to posit a question and then avoid seeking the answer - be in the question or even be the question.

What I mean is: isn't the idea that we have to get somewhere or achieve something a function of the ego? Aren't we already there? I understand that there are different states not governed by intellect and I like to be in them and I find them enjoyable. But on this forum - a place for intellectual discourse - I don't find "being in the question" to be the most appropriate or enjoyable or productive state. I could compare it to speaking in tongues. I used to go to a church that believed in speaking in tongues. I no longer go there, but occasionally I still speak in tongues... There's something about scrambling the logical wordy left brain that seems to free up the intuition of the right brain and it provides an enjoyable experience, but I don't think typing in tongues on this forum would be appropriate or enjoyable. I can meditate and "Om" and find that enjoyable, but typing "Om" here would not be appropriate or enjoyable. It seems that you would like to see me baby-stepped into other states, but I'm afraid that on this forum you will only find me in the intellectual state. :)

It seems that you would like to see me baby-stepped into other states, but I'm afraid that on this forum you will only find me in the intellectual state. :)
??? You're not getting what I'm expressing. I'll just take it that I didn't explain clearly. Best with your explorations.

The root of the word identity means "sameness". I agree that memories and personality are constantly changing, but they seem to have a rate of change and the slower this rate of change, the more there is "sameness" or consistent identity. In rare cases where a person as total amnesia, the rapid rate of change reduces the "sameness" and so except for their body being the same and some core "hard-wired" aspects being the same, they seem to acquire a somewhat new identity.

Total amnesics may have the memories merely repressed: they are the same but they do not remember it; the same can say about reincarnation.

Back