Simulations back up 'universe is a hologram' theory, physicists say

Well this seems to give more wight to the veracity of NDE in the sense that they are very likely to be a window to other dimensions.
I recall one NDEr saying that th reality we live in feels like papier mache.

While the idea that the universe is a computer simulation or some kind of special construct seems to be increasingly acceptable, I usually see people use this as yet another argument against expanded consciousness. One such response I saw said that there was no room for an afterlife in a simulation.

I usually wonder a few things about comments like that:

• Complex systems tend to have garbage collection, which means some amount of resources are held over after use until they are needed again. A strange form of afterlife and reincarnation, if you will, is when an object resides in yet-to-be-reclaimed space.
  • It seems inconcievable to people making comments like that, for there to be 'players' in the giant universe 'game.'
I think it makes sense for this all to be a huge Minecraft. People zonk out playing video games in a lot of places, and given how a lot of conscious patterns are recurrent I don't see why spirits wouldn't make a construct to do the same thing.

I don't really understand the significance of the two papers from their abstracts, although the latter paper seems a bit more approachable because of reading Susskinds book ( http://arxiv.org/abs/1311.7526 & http://arxiv.org/abs/1311.5607 )

I found Susskind's book "The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics", a really great read. If you want to explore these issues - with explanations that are understandable for the layman - buy it, and take your time to digest it.

Michael Talbot makes work about some psi phenomena could be explained by the holographic paradigm in his book The Holographic Universe, but I think that here we are using the "holographic" term in a different way.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Holographic-Universe-Revolutionary-Reality/dp/0062014102

For example, if the universe is a holographic projection, then the exotic properties of apparitions of living and deceased could be possible, as the ghosts would be projections of a higher-dimensional reality.

It seems to me that some people use the term "consciousness" to refer to human consciousness (thinking, senses, etc) Yet when I speak of consciousness that isn't what I mean at all. I refer to primary consciousness. Consciousness that is far beyond what humans or any other physical expression can even accurately conceive of.

Those who delude themselves that status-quo science will provide them with knowledge of primary consciousness may want to muse on the following words:
The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. - Albert Einstein

Last edited:
It seems to me that some people use the term "consciousness" to refer to human consciousness (thinking, senses, etc) Yet when I speak of consciousness that isn't what I mean at all. I refer to primary consciousness. Consciousness that is far beyond what humans or any other physical expression can even accurately conceive of.

Those who delude themselves that status-quo science will provide them with knowledge of primary consciousness ...
This is delusion of the highest order, at its most arrogant expression, it is the mind-thump of the pseudoskeptic. The knowledge of primary consciousness as you call it is only knowable, at this time, and in the most rudimentary ways, from astral travels. Which one soon finds out the deeper you AT, the more you understand...that you have pure knowledge of hardly anything at all.

This is delusion of the highest order, at its most arrogant expression, it is the mind-thump of the pseudoskeptic. The knowledge of primary consciousness as you call it is only knowable, at this time, and in the most rudimentary ways, from astral travels. Which one soon finds out the deeper you AT, the more you understand...that you have pure knowledge of hardly anything at all.
I'd say "altered states of perception" ( there are other modes of access other than AT) but other than that I agree. Well . .mostly. I don't think it's necessarily "arrogant." Most expressions (aka people) in the physical are attuned strongly to that physical. I think that is intentional.

Nice to see the idea of a holographic universe being discussed in a mainstream Australian newspaper. And its in their "Science" section too!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/te...y-physicists-say/story-fnjwlbuc-1226782113439

As you people are a lot smarter than I am, does the idea of a holographic universe add validity to our conscience existing outside of our physical brain?

Interested in your views?
This isn't my view and the people who are taking this viewpoint I don't trust one iota. Ron Pearson says he along with sidekick Michael Roll has found the mathematical solution to explain the existence of the 'ether' and to disprove much of Einstenian science. This is Part Seven

http://www.spiritoday.com/the-pearson-matrix-part-7-sphere-two-and-the-expansion-of-knowledge/

The comment-conversation is severely retarded by contributions from the select few chin-drooling Pearson-Roll worshipers. Buy in or get out.

Many of their sources I would agree are rock solid evidences of afterlife, life continuity, etc (Flint, Borgia/Benson, others) but their sure-fire assuredness that they have unlocked the software-Universe paradigm is, imo, dimwitted. I have had direct dealing with these two and they are not nearly as bright as they believe.

A couple of quick examples. Ectoplasm is harvested in the pancreas. huh?

However, when all surface effects are stripped away, the ultimate and only reality which remains is the highly organized patterns of mechanical vibration in the super conducting filaments of the Pearson Matrix.
Heavy. rofl

Tyler

Tom Campbell says this reality is virtual , what do you reckon about his 'Big Toe' ?
I wish he'd stub it. :)

Ever met someone who you didn't like but agreed with most of what he has to say? That's my relationship with Campbell. He damn near rode The Monroe Institute into financial oblivion pushing research instead of marketing services. A number of us left TMI when he came on the scene.

WTS, he is an astral projector extraordinaire and we agree that relating ATs may influence other people's ATs and he and I are reluctant to do so because of this potential influence. MBT and the TOE are seriously good works...that I had to struggle through because of my disdain for the author.

The TOE/MBT theory/trilogy is about consciousness' universal quality within which we and all others exist segmented into complex, highly advanced societies. I have no issues with the basics of this.

I don't think there is much doubt about the virtual/holographic nature, or whatever alike terms you want to use, concerning the realness of reality. During Harry Potter's NDE-like experience:
Harry Potter: "Is this real, or is this all happening inside my head?"
Albus Dumbledore: "Of course it is happening inside your head Harry, but why would that mean it's not real?"
Kind of sums it all up.

You cant tell whatsgoing on in a concept until you're outside looking at it all from above - then you see the workings - lol
Simulations - was it F.Tipler who started that..
Just 50/50 arguments - it may, it may not.

Last edited:
Cant find much on their (Pearson, Roll) funding. Whats their state of play? - their theory posts are quite old - 2011 ish.
They're play is they talk a lot. If you hunt around Mckenzie's site, which navigates like a ocean faring oil tanker lol, you will find 7 articles and comments that will bring you up to date.

http://www.spiritoday.com/ron-pearson-a-new-default-go-to-science-for-the-21st-century/

I can't see that they have any money, funding or other assets. You see Roll blew himself up decades ago when he had Rita Gould, extraordinary physical medium, who had agreed to be thoroughly researched by leading UK scientists of the day. Roll in his excitement shot his mouth off to the press, Gould got cold feet, Roll was left with massive eggs on face and his credibility as someone who knows how to get things done shattered. Should have been, his ego got in the way.

On the funding issue though I can personally attest that Roll, Pearson and Wayne Caylor (physical medium) had considerable access to major funding to investigate Caylor by Roll/Pearson/others and blew that chance too. It seems that the group didn't understand that developing a contract that would lay forward all of the terms for all parties in harmony, and protect the investment of funders, was a good idea.

duh.

Best of luck to them. They'll need it.

Here's a good explanation of the Holographic Principle from Lenny Susskind, one of the founders of this and string theory. 55 minutes but worth it!
He discusses entropy and information in the classical sense, then in the situation for black holes, then extends it to the universe.