Skeptics asked not to post

My 6 dislikes are made up of:

4 from Rosebud (I never heard of, who clicked dislike on every post I made on one particular thread?)
1 from North
1 from The Ethical Skeptic
Rosebud got banned for doing this. That's what I was referring to earlier (rosebudding phenomenon).

Ah, thanks for explaining. I thought you were referring to some sort of organized phenomena like a geopolitical 'colour revolution'.

A vast majority of mine come from K9.

I prefer to believe he/she is a sock here of someone I have respect for and like, and is communicating mutual admiration in the form of a sarcastic use of the dislike button. :)

A vast majority of mine come from K9.

I prefer to believe he/she is a sock here of someone I have respect for and like, and is communicating mutual admiration in the form of a sarcastic use of the dislike button. :)

Could you be bothered to list them?

If you go into your account, under ratings they are all listed.

Thanks! Ok, here:

-------------------------------

1. K9! rated your post
    clear.png
    dislike in the thread Of Skeptics and Bannings.

I find the terms "nincompoopery" and "stuck on stupid" vaguely offensive when applied exclusively to skeptics. Is the point here to reform...

Thursday at 8:49 PM
  2. K9! rated your post
    clear.png
    dislike in the thread Mod+ Homeopathy - beyond the ridicule.

I agree with that quote, but when it comes to water having memory, we're basically being expected upset the law that all unicorns are...

Thursday at 8:30 PM
  3. K9! rated your post
    clear.png

a discussion of the evidence regarding the nature of water that lends support to homeopathy ...But the problem is that there isn't any...

Thursday at 8:29 PM
  4. K9! rated your post
    clear.png

Is there high-quality evidence that water has memory?

1. K9! rated your post
    clear.png
    disagree (neutral) in the thread Community Suggestion Box.

-There should be a process (maybe informal PM "warnings", followed by Official in-thread Warnings) for all bannings outside of spammers and...

Thursday at 12:18 PM
  2. alex.tsakiris rated your post
    clear.png
    dislike in the thread Mod+ AWARE Presentation Abstract.

So, discussions can only happen in the BvS forum? All the other forums are exclusively agreement forums?

Wednesday at 9:33 PM
  3. K9! rated your post
    clear.png

How do you "time" the NDE? Like, how do you know it didn't happen right before or after all consciousness was lost?

Wednesday at 9:30 PM
Enrique Vargas rated your post
clear.png

How do you "time" the NDE? Like, how do you know it didn't happen right before or after all consciousness was lost?

Wednesday at 6:35 PM

Lol, OK, 3 accounts have disliked you (Alex, K9!, and Enrique Vargas). I agree with your assessment that you seem to have a problem with K9! Lol...

Just in case you're wondering why certain members are not responding to your posts, a group of skeptics has been asked not to post in any forum except B&SD.

~~ Paul
Skeptics? Really? I'm a genuine skeptic. I'm skeptical about many of the conclusions of materialism. There are those who are genuinely skeptical about things other than materialism. And there are those genuinely skeptical in general. But most who identify as "skeptics" are more accurately nay-sayers.

Call me a skeptic but I find it a little odd that his negative vote exactly cancels out his positive (+59 and -59) and that the same figure is the negative score for Paul (at least as I write this).
I would not assume that people are voting solely based on their reactions to specific posts. I would be quite surprised if there is no ballot box stuffing going on.

~~ Paul

Perhaps Paul might indulge us, and give us a breakdown of the 59 negative ratings he's been given by account name?
Shouldn't we treat voting as private? Anyhoo, almost all my negative votes are from four members. One was Rosebud, the source of the term rosebuding, and one is chuck.drake, who hasn't posted since November 16. You can certainly guess one of the remaining two.

~~ Paul

Skeptics? Really? I'm a genuine skeptic. I'm skeptical about many of the conclusions of materialism. There are those who are genuinely skeptical about things other than materialism. And there are those genuinely skeptical in general. But most who identify as "skeptics" are more accurately nay-sayers.
You know what I meant. And you better tell someone to change the title of this forum, yet again.

~~ Paul

Back