SKEPTIKO 10TH ANNIVERSARY - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by Vortex, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Vortex

Vortex Member

Congratulations, Alex and everyone here - today, January 7th 2017, is Skeptiko Podcast (and, later, also Forum) 10th birthday!!! :D:D:D

Alex's first interview was the one with Rupert Sheldrake on January 7th 2007, which was the start of a very long path of learning, exploration and development for Alex - and for all of us here! :)

Alex, I wish to praise - with all sincerity - the grandiose labor you have been performing for this decade, your movement from a simple podcast interviewer to the founder and builder of a Skeptiko community - the world's most prominent online portal for discussion of controversial topics of all forms and types, from scientific and scholarly to political, social and cultural. Your role in online free-thought is exceptional. :)

I also wish to thank everyone who are - or were, or will be - here on Skeptiko and participated in discussion, be they proponents, or skeptics, or "neutralists" concerning any particular topic of debate. People, you are a rare gathering - a selection of persons from the whole world with whom one can fearlessly dissect and scrutinise nearly any controversial area. :)

Alex. Everyone. We have learned a lot. We have searched, and analysed, and shared. Let's not stop here - there are a lot more to explore, and all always will be. As Robert Anton Wilson said, "true initiation never ends".
    And our initiation into the deepest mysteries, secrets and riddles have only just started. So, proceed further!!! :D:D:D

2. Vortex

Vortex Member

I encourage eveyone to post here their own congratulations as well!

Sciborg_S_Patel likes this.
  3. hypermagda

hypermagda Member

Vortex : As Robert Anton Wilson said, "true initiation never ends".

Wow - another synchronicity for me..... I read that sentence TODAY precisely in Robert Anton Wilson's "Cosmic Trigger" (first book I have ever read by him). However, he attributes the quote to Crowley (sigh! I intensely dislike that guy). Wilson quotes him as saying "a real initiation never ends".

4. hypermagda

hypermagda Member

I am always congratulating Alex so won't do so here again or he'll think I'm some kind of groupie :)

5. Alex

Alex New

wow V... this anniversary totally caught me by surprise. thank you so much for your very kind words.

I am so, so grateful to have been able to share my learning experience with all of you.

6. Ian Gordon

Ian Gordon Ninshub Member

Happy anniversary to Alex and to everyone in the Skeptiko community!

[​IMG]

7. Bucky

Bucky Member

Congrats Skeptiko! :D
    10years.png

Attached Files:

8. Vortex

Vortex Member

From Russia with love and bliss, by Mighty Russian Bear:

[​IMG]

Ian Gordon, Alex, Trancestate and 2 others like this.
  9. Silence

Silence Member

New member here so I haven't the benefit of 10 years, but I have found the community to be the best I have found perusing the web for similar exchanges between interested folks. The productive challenge of bias as well as the courteousness is refreshing. I truly appreciate the access to the community and the obvious amount of time Alex (and others I'm sure) put into it all.

10. Congrats to Alex and the Skeptiko show!

Let's have a conference-celebration at Esalen this summer! (half-kidding :))

11. Pollux

Pollux New

Has it been 10 years already!?!

[​IMG]

...I can't believe it!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy Birthday Skeptiko!!
    ...and thanks Alex. ;;/?

Laird, Bucky, Ian Gordon and 4 others like this.
  12. Alex

Alex New

Bucky and Sciborg_S_Patel like this.
  13. Alex

Alex New

awesome. thx for this feedback. I agree, our forum is really great. I love when guests like David Mathisen join and immediately remark about the high quality of questions/comments.

14. Alex

Alex New

I would love to arrange a meetup with Skeptiko-ers :)

15. Alex

Alex New

I'm a bit of a sucker for cat photos... my two daughters worked me into it :)

16. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger New

Happy birthday, Skeptiko! Been reading and listening for the last three and a half years, and I have learned so much.

Thanks, Alex!

17. Alan Amsberg

Alan Amsberg New

Yes. Thanks Alex and Happy Anniversary. I think it is great you have been able to avoid the advertising/begging/paywall thing. It adds so much and I am sure over the years it has cost you a great deal of money. Thanks Alex.

Personally, let me say that Skeptiko has had a big impact on my life. This is terribly complex to explain so I'll leave it at that. Thanks.

Attached Files:

18. Silence

Silence Member

Alan,

I, for one, would be interested in hearing/reading this. Understood if its too personal or simply too time intensive to elaborate.

19. Alan Amsberg

Alan Amsberg New

I've talked about it all a bit on Skeptiko. Just search my old posts :)

20. LetsEat

LetsEat Member

Congrats Alex! May there be another! 1479314105019.png

Ian Gordon and Alex like this.