SKEPTIKO 10TH ANNIVERSARY - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Vortex

Congratulations, Alex and everyone here - today, January 7th 2017, is Skeptiko Podcast (and, later, also Forum) 10th birthday!!! :D:D:D

Alex's first interview was the one with Rupert Sheldrake on January 7th 2007, which was the start of a very long path of learning, exploration and development for Alex - and for all of us here! :)

Alex, I wish to praise - with all sincerity - the grandiose labor you have been performing for this decade, your movement from a simple podcast interviewer to the founder and builder of a Skeptiko community - the world's most prominent online portal for discussion of controversial topics of all forms and types, from scientific and scholarly to political, social and cultural. Your role in online free-thought is exceptional. :)

I also wish to thank everyone who are - or were, or will be - here on Skeptiko and participated in discussion, be they proponents, or skeptics, or "neutralists" concerning any particular topic of debate. People, you are a rare gathering - a selection of persons from the whole world with whom one can fearlessly dissect and scrutinise nearly any controversial area. :)

Alex. Everyone. We have learned a lot. We have searched, and analysed, and shared. Let's not stop here - there are a lot more to explore, and all always will be. As Robert Anton Wilson said, "true initiation never ends".
And our initiation into the deepest mysteries, secrets and riddles have only just started. So, proceed further!!! :D:D:D

Vortex : As Robert Anton Wilson said, "true initiation never ends".

Wow - another synchronicity for me..... I read that sentence TODAY precisely in Robert Anton Wilson's "Cosmic Trigger" (first book I have ever read by him). However, he attributes the quote to Crowley (sigh! I intensely dislike that guy). Wilson quotes him as saying "a real initiation never ends".

Congratulations, Alex and everyone here - today, January 7th 2017, is Skeptiko Podcast (and, later, also Forum) 10th birthday!!! :D:D:D

Alex's first interview was the one with Rupert Sheldrake on January 7th 2007, which was the start of a very long path of learning, exploration and development for Alex - and for all of us here! :)

Alex, I wish to praise - with all sincerity - the grandiose labor you have been performing for this decade, your movement from a simple podcast interviewer to the founder and builder of a Skeptiko community - the world's most prominent online portal for discussion of controversial topics of all forms and types, from scientific and scholarly to political, social and cultural. Your role in online free-thought is exceptional. :)

I also wish to thank everyone who are - or were, or will be - here on Skeptiko and participated in discussion, be they proponents, or skeptics, or "neutralists" concerning any particular topic of debate. People, you are a rare gathering - a selection of persons from the whole world with whom one can fearlessly dissect and scrutinise nearly any controversial area. :)

Alex. Everyone. We have learned a lot. We have searched, and analysed, and shared. Let's not stop here - there are a lot more to explore, and all always will be. As Robert Anton Wilson said, "true initiation never ends".
And our initiation into the deepest mysteries, secrets and riddles have only just started. So, proceed further!!! :D:D:D
wow V... this anniversary totally caught me by surprise. thank you so much for your very kind words.

I am so, so grateful to have been able to share my learning experience with all of you.

Happy anniversary to Alex and to everyone in the Skeptiko community!

HAPPY-10-Kaskus.jpg

New member here so I haven't the benefit of 10 years, but I have found the community to be the best I have found perusing the web for similar exchanges between interested folks. The productive challenge of bias as well as the courteousness is refreshing. I truly appreciate the access to the community and the obvious amount of time Alex (and others I'm sure) put into it all.

New member here so I haven't the benefit of 10 years, but I have found the community to be the best I have found perusing the web for similar exchanges between interested folks. The productive challenge of bias as well as the courteousness is refreshing. I truly appreciate the access to the community and the obvious amount of time Alex (and others I'm sure) put into it all.
awesome. thx for this feedback. I agree, our forum is really great. I love when guests like David Mathisen join and immediately remark about the high quality of questions/comments.

Yes. Thanks Alex and Happy Anniversary. I think it is great you have been able to avoid the advertising/begging/paywall thing. It adds so much and I am sure over the years it has cost you a great deal of money. Thanks Alex.

Personally, let me say that Skeptiko has had a big impact on my life. This is terribly complex to explain so I'll leave it at that. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 09.07.47.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 09.07.47.png
    427.8 KB · Views: 9
Back