***Skeptiko NDE Documentaries Thread*** - and other related

I thought I would bring this thread over from the old forum.

I would like this thread to be a collection of links to documentaries that might interest forum members and that touch upon subjects we discuss here.
It doesn't necessarily have to be about NDE, but at least consciousness related.

I also would like it to be only links, descriptions and a short comment in this thread, and if these documentaries sparks a discussion I wish people to start a separate thread to discuss that particular subject there. Just to avoid clogging the thread up.

I hope this is OK.

I like to start off with the NDE part of the documentary-series 5th Dimension.

This is a summary for the whole series that include:
Near Death
Telepathy
Reincarnation
Mind Over Matter
etc..

Does life end in death? Or does the soul wander from body to body?
Following circumstantial research and in cooperation with top scholars, this series sheds light upon, unmasks and takes the magic from centuries-old superstition and also reports on breathtaking, super sensory experiences. It also shows if, and where, things that cannot be explained really do exist? The journey in search of the Supernatural leads to all six continents, to such fascinating spots as the holy Tibetan city, Lhasa and to the great universities of the world; to the secret archives of the CIA and the KGB, the Vatican, and to the most modern centers of nuclear research in the world. The result is a thrilling combination of contemporary history, scientific background reporting, and a touch of the pleasant shiver within the dark side of parapsychology.

Comment: Dont despair you skeptics, both Susan Blackmore and Chris French have a go at it in this documentary. ;)
Its kind of fun to see the emphasis on every word Susan Blackmore gives when she dismiss NDE´s in the first segment.
Like: `This is my chance, I better make an impact´ ;)

Near Death Experience : Fifth Dimension Documentary on Near Death Experiences >>

Very interesting

Through the Wormhole Morgan Freeman HD S02E01 Is There Life After Death? (Eben Alexander case and interview)

In the premiere episode of the second season of Through the Wormhole, Morgan Freeman dives deep into this provocative question that has mystified humans since the beginning of time.
Modern physics and neuroscience are venturing into this once hallowed ground, and radically changing our ideas of life after death. Freeman serves as host to this polarized debate, where scientists and spiritualist attempt to define what is consciousness, while cutting edge quantum mechanics could provide the answer to what happens when we die.It probably wasn't long after ancient people developed a belief in the afterlife that they began trying to contact those who had crossed over to the other side.

Necromancy, the term for such communication with dead souls, comes from the ancient Greek word nekromanteia, but the practice dates back much further than the Greeks. Egyptian and Chaldean magicians attempted to conjure up the deceased and speak with them, and God specifically barred the ancient Hebrews from engaging in the practice in Deuteronomy 18:10-11.

In the epic poem The Odyssey, Homer describes his hero Odysseus casting spells according to the instructions from the sorceress Circe, in an effort to speak to the prophet Tiresias and gain assistance to return home
Roman neuromancers believed that it was easiest to reach the dead in caverns and near volcanoes, which they believed to be passageways to the underworld.

Ok, I'm gonna hammer you with a bunch of videos so you are set for the next 2 weeks (24/7). :)

UPDATED LIST 2013:

BBC - Supernatural Science - Previous Lives (English) - YouTube

CBC - Past Life Investigation - YouTube

Xtreme Mysteries 007 - Near Death Experience - YouTube

Life After Life - Raymond Moody - YouTube

The Tibetan Book of the Dead Part 1: A Way of Life (Narration by Leonard Cohen) - YouTube

The Tibetan Book of the Dead Part 2: The Great Liberation (Narration by Leonard Cohen) - YouTube

The Tibetan Book of the Dead Part 2: The Great Liberation (Narration by Leonard Cohen) - YouTube

Unexplained Mysteries - Dead and Back Again [HD] - YouTube

A Glimpse of Eternity - Ian McCormack Heaven Visit True Story Testimony (re-enactment) - YouTube

Reincarnation [1/5] - YouTube

Reincarnation [2/5] - YouTube

Reincarnation [3/5] - YouTube

Reincarnation [4/5] - YouTube

Reincarnation [5/5] - YouTube

Strange But True Encounters - Life Beyond Death - YouTube

Documentary on NDE Near Death Experiences by Dr. Rawlings - YouTube

Strange But True - Life After Death part 1 of 2

Strange But True - Life After Death part 2 of 2

REINCARNATION, Past Life Evidence - YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries After Death Visits Pt2 [Video]

Extraordinary People - The Boy Who Lived Before - YouTube

Mickey Robinson - Falling into Heaven - YouTube

Cheating Death - Beyond and Back - Video Dailymotion

Mesiah from Beyond and Back part 1 - YouTube

Mesiah from I Survived Beyond and Back part 2 - YouTube

Conspiracy Test - Near Death Experiences - YouTube

Spiritual Reality: Near Death Experiences - FULL LENGTH DOCUMENTARY - YouTube

The Cardiologist on the Near-Death Experience 1 - YouTube

Near Death Experience(Complete) -concept of soul justified - YouTube

(Leonard Nimoy) In Search Of.. **Life After Death** (Season 1 Episode 19) - YouTube

Dr. Jeffrey Long - Near Death Experiences - YouTube

Beyond and Back - YouTube

For those with interest in The Tibetan Book of The Dead should watch these two documentaries.

Death is real, it comes without warning and it cannot be escaped. An ancient source of strength and guidance, The Tibetan Book of the Dead remains an essential teaching in the Buddhist cultures of the Himalayas. Narrated by Leonard Cohen, this enlightening two-part series explores the sacred text and boldly visualizes the afterlife according to its profound wisdom.

Part 1: A Way of Life reveals the history of The Tibetan Book of the Dead and examines its traditional use in northern India, as well as its acceptance in Western hospices. Shot over a four-month period, the film contains footage of the rites and liturgies for a deceased Ladakhi elder and includes an interview with the Dalai Lama, who shares his views on the book's meaning and importance.

Part 2: The Great Liberation follows an old lama and his novice monk as they guide a Himalayan villager into the afterlife using readings from The Tibetan Book of the Dead. The soul's 49-day journey towards rebirth is envisioned through actual photography of rarely seen Buddhist rituals, interwoven with groundbreaking animation by internationally acclaimed filmmaker Ishu Patel.

Nurse Shares 30 Years Of Spiritual Experiences With Death & Dying

Becki Hawkins, a hospice nurse and a chaplain, is the author of "Transitions: A Nurse's Education About Life And Death". She sat by the bedside of seriously ill and terminally ill patients for more than 30 years as an oncology and hospice nurse. During that time, she listened to patients describe various kinds of spiritual experiences, including near-death experiences. Becki shared some of her stories, including the lessons she learned from them, on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 with a small group of people that gathered at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Sedona, Arizona. Becki's presentation was co-sponored by NewHeaveNewEarth (NHNE) and The Mustard Seed Venture. Her presentation was part of an ongoing series of classes taught by David Sunfellow on near-death experiences.