Sleep deprivation

The only thing one can be certain of is that consciousness exists because one is conscious. Consciousness understands and uses mathematics. Consciousness understands, uses, and produces information. This we know. It is up to the materialists to prove their assertion that the mathematics and information in nature has come from another source than consciousness.

Last edited:
I just think it is so arrogant for someone to think they can quantify your experiance. Yes, people do have hallucinations brought on by medical conditions and what not. But to make such broad sweeping statements is nuts. Like the priests of the Dark Ages....they are telling you what you should think.

S

Sciborg_S_Patel

I love this. He basically says "you don't know what you're talking about because your brain is highly fallible and can't be trusted to perceive reality", all the while going " you should listen to me, I know what's really going on". It goes back to the whole idea of if materialism is true, then nothing can ever be conclusively known.
I think the issue is most people can't go as far as Rosenberg and follow materialism to its ultimate, absurd conclusions.

Instead they dismiss him as absurd, without really giving an argument.

I think the issue is most people can't go as far as Rosenberg and follow materialism to its ultimate, absurd conclusions.

Instead they dismiss him as absurd, without really giving an argument.
Absurd and dubious! Did you see the SGU is getting sued? I notice that today while trolling their website.