Something we are kept from knowing

My life is a puzzle.

Near death experiences is a puzzle.

The whole world, which is filled up with puzzles, is itself a big puzzle.

A yarn clue connecting to the deepest secret answer of that puzzle, like the yarn thread in the Greek myth labyrinth, shouldn't be so simple.

I just watched TV Drama <<Under the Dome>> - Season 01 - Episode 04 - Outbreak. A boy made an experiment with a girl and they vaguely found the mysterious and not-benign-purposed DOME didn't want them to know something of which "pink stars are falling in lines" was a hint.

I think, perhaps the reason that near death experiences told us too much about the HOLLOW labels - love, serene, "it's OK", "everything will be fine", etc. is to keep us from knowing something, something I suppose is not simple nor good, but complicated and bad.

I wouldn't hate anything if there really is such a super conspiracy behind. Hatred and love are important emotions, but not as important as this conspiracy itself. In the front of this big conspiracy, this big puzzle, hatred and love emotions are only a pair of twin toddlers, being so naive.

Anyone feels at least a bit similar? ;) Is my mastering of English language OK? :eek:

It is not so much a secret as it is a limitation of physical existence. How would you feel about good and evil if you could see through the illusions of time and identity?

My English is bad, I can't understand what you mean. Of course it is my problem and thanks for replying my post.

I can't understand so there is quite a lot I can learn from communicating with you.

I mean, although near death experiences relevant phenomena often claim that they can see through the illusions of time and identity, when they claim "love", "serene", "peace", "it's OK", "everything will be fine", their claiming probably hinted something de facto opposite, which is, "irrelevant to love or any emotions", "twisting", "struggle", "it's not gonna be OK", "quite a lot of things are going to be doomed".

I feel not very well about those phenomena, like probably there's something very very dark and disastrous covered under those joyful but hollow labels. Something we are kept from knowing, this "SOMETHING" which I, like many others, know little about, is probably I can only say "not benign". There is probably a big conspiracy behind, I don't think many people are safe from it.

Also, what I said above are hollow. Now I want to specifically swerve to the Roswell UFO event. My English is bad so I can't memorize what I read correctly and precisely. I just can vaguely say the Roswell UFO event dossier revealed that near death experiences are related to a sieve mechanism left by the war between "The Domain" and "The Old Empire".

I don't believe them, like I no longer virtually believe anything. But at least they put forward something abundant of information. If those were pinched up (I mean, made up, forged up) by a novelist, and were only a story, there must have been too much efforts put into the abundant imagination of that story.

I incline to "the truth is dark". And the feeling is quite like the TV drama <<Under the Dome>>, a mysterious puzzle which is not benign.

To the OP: Might be interested in the board's Gnosticism thread.

However, one caveat in my mind is there's an odd tendency to believe the afterlife has some overarching controllers, a force of Order for good or bad. It seems to me that one might instead think the interplay of varied factions working in this life have a mirror on some presumed other side of existence.

Definitely! Thank you so much for providing the information. I will read that thread more carefully.

You said what I now want to say.

There are forces (factions, more than three at least) acting and being responsible for why we are here and why each of us is facing respective fate (good or bad, splendid or miserable or terrible).

To me, a lot of these acting are not benign, they are like a war, a hell, a torment, cruel experiment and torture. I don't believe Roswell UFO event dossier about "The Domain", "The Old Empire", but they definitely provide an open imagination about what are actually underlying the surface of our mundane earth reality.

I don't think many people are safe from this conspiracy or the war between different factions.

Well there are other possibilities -

-There are no factions because there is no afterlife, or at the least there is no personal survival of the individual.

-Most of these factions are only "evil" in the sense that they act toward their own motivations. Compare the difference of corporations using criticized labor practices (poor wages, long hours, sweat shops, factory farms, etc) to those groups that run child trafficking.

-Some of these factions are really just part of natural predator/prey cycles.

-The afterlife might be worse from our modern human rights perspective. Consider the last speech from The Great Dictator - so long as men die there is the hope of freedom. Our world changes even if people don't. But on the other side whole kingdoms of wraiths could be ruled by immortals.

What I discussed before are too abstract. If it is dark, what is it dark about?

I put forward one point, the reincarnation system erases your memory every time you enter into a new life, it is cruel enough.

I don't think if I am going to forget everything I learned from this life, I would still be "ME". In other words, no matter whatever whoever would say, the reincarnation system makes me disappear, and I will no longer be existent.

This life of mine is twisting (I mean tormenting), but I thank very very much to whoever put me here, even if he (or should I say "it", after all that's probably not a human) means a malicious purpose for me. Because it nonetheless put something good into me, at least, and hasn't arranged a far more miserable life for me, so far, like I observed from someone else who served a dark force and unnecessarily persecuted some people and then died stupidly.

I wouldn't hate anyone who sent me here (if there is someone), but I definitely would consult with him, not to let this reincarnation system erase my memories every time I enter into a new life.

Of course, all I said were based on super vague hypothesis, I don't believe reincarnation, not a bit, just mean "if ...".

As far as I observe, all is gonna be malicious. :eek:

The cruel thing is not only that you could possibly be hurt by some very wicked villains.

The more terrible thing is that you hurt someone you shouldn't hurt, like a friend in your previous life.

Isn't erasing memories cruel enough? As far as I observe, all is gonna be tragic.

Of course, all I said were based on super vague hypothesis, I don't believe reincarnation, not a bit, just mean "if ...".

Well there are other possibilities -

-There are no factions because there is no afterlife, or at the least there is no personal survival of the individual.

-Most of these factions are only "evil" in the sense that they act toward their own motivations. Compare the difference of corporations using criticized labor practices (poor wages, long hours, sweat shops, factory farms, etc) to those groups that run child trafficking.

-Some of these factions are really just part of natural predator/prey cycles.

-The afterlife might be worse from our modern human rights perspective. Consider the last speech from The Great Dictator - so long as men die there is the hope of freedom. Our world changes even if people don't. But on the other side whole kingdoms of wraiths could be ruled by immortals.

I am curious Sciborg what are your thoughts of reality or an afterlife? You seem to be agnostic in most areas, but I am wondering what do you feel with your gut instinct?

This is a neat thread because life does feel that way. That we are living with very limited understanding of the bigger picture, that would seem to be a common theme in NDE's. I feel like I make some small amount of progress with one small facet of reality only to have it be blown away as fast as I acquired it.

Thank you so much, dear Sciborg_S_Patel.

Excerpt from The Great Dictator Speech:

I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery.

Sometimes I blame myself for being weak and that I didn't enter into a fight in school, even if there had been a bully irritated me.

I shouldn't hurt anyone, all people's identities in this mundane reality are actually trivial, I don't even know who is whom, if I hurt the wrong people I would remorse forever. But if I didn't hurt some villains for protecting something that would be the same: remorse forever, but if I hurt some villains but they are friends in my previous life,

The only thing I could do is being carefully. I had done something very very wrong, very very bad, extremely stupid, but things could have been worse. I wish you all happy. that speech is right I want to live by other's happiness - not by other's misery, but I don't want someone to hurt someone shouldn't be hurt. I want the answer, who arranged all these lives.

I like people, like kiddos, I'm bad tempered, I'm bad, I'm guilty, I did something wrong, I hurt someone I shouldn't hurt but my hurting should not mean a too big deal to him or her, he or she might have forgotten my wrong behaviors. Hurting could be cautiousless, I dread everyday about future, well of course I could possibly be a stupid brute in my next reincarnation and enjoy hurting people, that's too bad at least I'm very cautious at hurting someone I shouldn't hurt in this life who gave me the wisdom, but it's way a bit useless, lack of power could also bring hurt, I observed some very dark people hurt some very good people, I won't go into details here, but it is good I still have someone to talk before I disappear or become insane, God is fairly good to me, I'm not worthy I don't deserve that he makes me all good and all I want, too good to be true I'm not worthy sorry my mood bad I don't pay attention to the grammar my English is not very fluent T_T

S
I am curious Sciborg what are your thoughts of reality or an afterlife? You seem to be agnostic in most areas, but I am wondering what do you feel with your gut instinct?

This is a neat thread because life does feel that way. That we are living with very limited understanding of the bigger picture, that would seem to be a common theme in NDE's. I feel like I make some small amount of progress with one small facet of reality only to have it be blown away as fast as I acquired it.

Sorry to jump in. I agree that we don't have the full picture, and I don't think that if there is an afterlife we will come to any conclusions. What bothers me is that people minimize the physical aspect of our current existence. I understand that we're limited in our understanding as physical beings, but I believe we are here in physical reality for reason (whatever that may be).

Also tarantulanebula your English is fine, just wanted to add that.

Puzzled, both of us, so I now feel life is like walking in a horror video game like Silent Hill, and you are a good and kind companion I luckily meet in this horrific atmosphere, we share the same wish to find the answer, which could be different but having something similar, related. When I walk in Silent Hill, trying to solve an unsolvable puzzle, not being alone is the super good thing I can expect. I feel whether I'm actually really in Silent Hill, just my brain created this world for protecting me from those horror scene which could drive me crazy. And, in some dark corners of this reality, there is something not better than Silent Hill, it just hasn't spread to my surroundings. Of course I should thank that good people unite surrounding me, that's one of the reason why pure evil hasn't spread around every corner. Wish your mood be happy and not affected by me, I'm way too pessimistic.

S

Sorry to jump in. I agree that we don't have the full picture, and I don't think that if there is an afterlife we will come to any conclusions. What bothers me is that people minimize the physical aspect of our current existence. I understand that we're limited in our understanding as physical beings, but I believe we are here in physical reality for reason (whatever that may be).

It is nice to expect a good reason, just keeping us from knowing it is a necessity to realize it.

But erasing your memory is way too terrible, you could serve some force you shouldn't serve, you could hurt someone you shouldn't hurt, you don't know who is whom. It is terrible enough, but there is something much more dark, I definitely wouldn't go into details here.

S

No apology necessary. If there is an afterlife I would think it would have knowledge that we don't have here, now what that is I don't know. I can understand your feelings on people downplaying the physical aspect of existence. I think any existence or experience is important and vital so I agree with you there. But I also feel like there is something telling us to look deeper past our everyday grind. To not get so lost in our lives, there are certain experiences that have done that for me. I feel that everyone will have moments like that in their lives, they can reflect on them and absorb them or go back in the wasteland of social media and reality TV or whatever other vapid distraction. I feel the world gives us plenty of distractions, it feels like a one trillion piece jigsaw puzzle that only has one piece not in place and we go our whole lives trying to find it. I find it fascinating that we all want to know the questions "Why are we here? What is our purpose?". It feels like it is almost programmed in us.

Puzzled, both of us, so I now feel life is like walking in a horror video game like Silent Hill, and you are a good and kind companion I luckily meet in this horrific atmosphere, we share the same wish to find the answer, which could be different but having something similar, related. When I walk in Silent Hill, trying to solve an unsolvable puzzle, not being alone is the super good thing I can expect. I feel whether I'm actually really in Silent Hill, just my brain created this world for protecting me from those horror scene which could drive me crazy. And, in some dark corners of this reality, there is something not better than Silent Hill, it just hasn't spread to my surroundings. Of course I should thank that good people unite surrounding me, that's one of the reason why pure evil hasn't spread around every corner. Wish your mood be happy and not affected by me, I'm way too pessimistic.

tarantulanebula whatever you are going through you are here for a reason, I don't just mean on this forum either. Even though you feel like you are in the world of Silent Hill ( enjoyed Silent Hill 2 a lot btw). You are still thankful for the people you do encounter that bring light into your life. With you seeing that and acknowledging it, this world has not broken you my friend. Also don't think of yourself as pessimistic most people have the same thoughts you do, they usually don't verbalize them. They just stuff them down. I have been where you are many times and will be there again, it's life.

No apology necessary. If there is an afterlife I would think it would have knowledge that we don't have here, now what that is I don't know. I can understand your feelings on people downplaying the physical aspect of existence. I think any existence or experience is important and vital so I agree with you there. But I also feel like there is something telling us to look deeper past our everyday grind. To not get so lost in our lives, there are certain experiences that have done that for me. I feel that everyone will have moments like that in their lives, they can reflect on them and absorb them or go back in the wasteland of social media and reality TV or whatever other vapid distraction. I feel the world gives us plenty of distractions, it feels like a one trillion piece jigsaw puzzle that only has one piece not in place and we go our whole lives trying to find it. I find it fascinating that we all want to know the questions "Why are we here? What is our purpose?". It feels like it is almost programmed in us.

Couldn't have said it better. Exactly my thoughts.

Intuitively I do think there is an afterlife for the individual. Not sure about details beyond that, nor can I claim to have sorted out the evidence. Lately I find myself more interested in assuming there is a supernatural world and thinking about the implications/cartography/etc but I'll probably switch back to the evidence debates at some point.

For me, the word 'afterlife' is not something I like to use. I think there is only 'life'. Quite possibly our time here on Earth is some sort of strange interlude in a much larger picture. I think we get too bound up with old ideas, like the Sun and the other planets revolving around the Earth. Our world was at the centre and everything else revolved around it, even the Sun.

Nowadays we have a different view. Earth is one of the smaller planets, dwarfed into insignificance by Jupiter and Saturn, orbiting our Sun, which is itself a rather ordinary star towards the edge of a galaxy made of countless other stars, and the galaxy is just one among many. Clearly we are not at the centre.

In the same way, this life, with our existence at the centre, and the so-called afterlife as just some afterthought, a bit extra stuck on at the end is probably a misleading description.. If we can try to avoid viewing things from the perspective where this is the centre, and everything revolves around it, we might see better that this current life is just a tiny part of some much larger existence. I consider Earthly life as a bit like a journey of exploration, we come here to visit, it isn't who or what we really are in the bigger picture.

Lately I find myself more interested in assuming there is a supernatural world and thinking about the implications/cartography/etc but I'll probably switch back to the evidence debates at some point.
I'm with you on this, but won't likely switch back to an interest in debating it. Examining the evidence with a critical, rational mind is an essential phase to go through. But it can easily become a trap--severely limiting your openness, intuition, and receptivity to higher aspects of reality, for example, the ability to increase your own psychic functioning. Skeptics urge "caution," but only in one direction. You should also be cautious not get so hung up on doubt that you miss out on glimpses of the larger picture.

Cheers,
Bill

Last edited:
Back