Steve Briggs, Meditation and Indian Yogis Lead to ET |397|

The problem, Steve, is that you apparently deleted all THREE, not two, copies of your reply to Michael, thus eliminating it completely! Now you have to put one copy back... I hope you have saved the text somewhere, say, in the MS Word file (I usually do so, to prevent losing the text due to some problem or a mistaken deletion).

Steve: In an earlier interview on Buddha at the Gas Pump (RIck Archer's popular show) I mentioned how, as I progressed on my spiritual journey, I became more of a heart person. I remember saying something like, 'over time my awareness shifted from my head to my heart.' This shift was monumental for me and it occurred during my 7+ years living and working in India. It was also jump-started by Maharishi when he initiated me at a meditation retreat in the French Alps ('74). Maharishi advised shifting my meditation focus from my head to my heart at the time. To be honest, I wasn't very good at it, but as I worked in India, visited Nepal frequently, and made numerous pilgrimages to the Himalaya, the instruction began to make sense. I began to be comfortable with a new way of functioning.

As Amma (Kerala 'hugging' saint) once said, 'the intellect cuts things asunder like a pair of scissor, but the heart sews things together like a needle.' Generalities never do full justice. For me, Amma's words sum up much of the cultural differences between east and west. I encountered so much heart, especially in Nepal where being in the culture was like a rasayana (natural medicinal remedy). That said, the intellect plays a huge role in our progress.

Michael: I read in yoga and Vedic metaphysics for years, and was profoundly influenced. But I could not conceive a passion for the practice aspect, despite efforts. Something was missing for me, and I am only now beginning to formulate a sense of what that is. Yoga is very much about inward directed awareness, and operates in realms where intellect has limited usefulness. You can get to talk to your Sirian mates because you have followed a path that strengthens and refines (ultimately) inner awareness. Still, its not a perfect path. The West has focused on outer awareness, also imperfectly.

Steve: Maharishi used to talk a lot about 200% of life: 100% material and 100% spiritual. Growing up in upper middle class comfort, the 100% I craved was the spiritual side of the coin. Many of my TM friends seemed to put the 100% material side on equal footing, probably due to the practicalities of raising a family in America. I do not believe that Vedic philosophy demands an inward directed life. The path of Karma Yoga (yoga of action) appeals to dynamic thinkers and doers, and they have a great capacity to improve the quality of life for many. During the years that I was instructing corporate types in India how to meditate (huge irony that a westerner would teach meditation to Indians -- Maharishi kept reminding me that Indians like having their song sung by someone else), I repeatedly interacted with India's Fortune 100 CEOs. These people took their positions very seriously because in every case, the success of their companies meant food and shelter for literally hundreds of thousands of people. Very few can pursue a spiritual path if they are suffering from malnutrition or are homeless. Amma from Kerala tells her 'children' that many of her devotees are not skilled meditators, however they all engage in massive seva (service to others) such as disaster relief, projects for the poor and homeless, and such. It's impressive what she's done for humanity, and with just a 6th grade education.

MIchael: Perhaps ET is talking to both? When I first read in anthropology in the 1980s I was struck by an account of the impact of introducing iron axes into indigenous communities in Queensland. The act broke cultures. In fact every intrusion into an indigenous culture seems to have resulted in traumatic disruption - and that trauma ripples through centuries as peoples are dislocated from the roots of their identities. The price of progress, apparently - but progress toward what? If we take the contemporary West as an example - its toward an angst of meaningless and a confusion of identity. If we heed the lurid conspiracy theories the one percenters are using their captured ET tech to escape the Earth because it has become so crap. That's hardly progress - evolve enough to shit in your nest so badly you have to leave it.

So, Steve, I want to tax your imagination here. Here's a scenario that makes sense to me. Let's say say there is ET who predominantly gets around in craft - ETphys - and there's ET (like your Sirian pals) who operate on a different level mostly - ETpsi. It would seem to me that ETphys would appeal to the materialistic types - fab tech - and might assist them to fly off into the cosmos on a pretty fruitless quest. They could make here a better place but they will not, because screwing up here equals profit and power. On the other hand ETpsi is more about relational interactions with Earthly kin of all creatures. For them love lets you fly without machine wings. Psi tech is different to fab tech.

Steve: Michael, this raises a point that Alex probed but which I didn't fully address during our interview. Alex wanted to know whether I thought these extended consciousness abilities that are associated with ETs (both phys and psi) are inherently spiritual, or not. Alex asked, "Where is God in all this?" I was a bit slow on the uptake because I haven't given that much thought to the 'darker' implications of some of these abilities.

A high school boy who I council each week wanted me to watch Doctor Strange which I viewed earlier this week. Like so many films of this genre, supernatural powers are a big deal, and characters on both sides of the force possessed these powers in the movie. Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel Comic themes... everybody employs this theme. And that's a good thing, because, as I've mentioned, free will is a major player in the human condition. BTW: I've discovered that free will is not present in every ET civilization.

Getting back to ETphys vs ETpsi: both groups typically have abilities that dwarf current human capacities, but it's not the advanced abilities that determine whether a group is 'spiritual' or not. It's the intent behind the abilities. Years ago I read a series of books called, 'The Law of One,' dialogues between an American physicist and a group of ETs and their spokesman, Ra. In Ra's commentary on the polarities found in living beings throughout the cosmos, Ra states that some beings are intent on control/manipulation for the purpose of serving self (black magic falls into this category) while other beings are motivated by the desire to serve in ways that promote light/love and oneness with God (Jedi, Harry Potter are fictional examples). This is not new information, but it emphasizes that polarization of light and dark exists in our consciousness, and, as humans, that's what we need to sort out individually and collectively. That's our homework assignment... our PhD dissertation topic if we're a bit further along in our studies.

ETphys and ETpsi can be found in both positive and negative categories. Lesser evolved but loving ETs who fly over our cities may be ETphys but they might have a purer intent than some more developed ETpsi groups. That theme was touched on in Doctor Strange where dark sorcerers betrayed their master and stole secret spells, then tried to take control of the earth on behalf of their evil lord, Dormammu.

The ETpsi such as the Sirians seem to be firing on all cylinders. They are advanced technologically and spiritually. The greatest threat comes from those groups that are tech advanced but lacking in spiritual advancement. If I were to categorize one group that fits that description, it would be AI oriented ETs. AI, in my opinion, is a very major threat to humanity and the rest of our galaxy because it's soulless. Think global virus infecting/controlling all things digital. What if that AI infestation were more advanced than our cutting edge scientists? For me, runaway AI is a concern on the level of global atmospheric change, possibly bigger. As I watch humanity rely more and more on screens and less and less on face to face human interaction, I wonder where this is going. Taken to an extreme, humans may one day in the not too distant future opt for AI bodies that don't grow old or become diseased. What if that AI body can't accommodate our soul. Then what do we have?

The problem, Steve, is that you apparently deleted all THREE, not two, copies of your reply to Michael, thus eliminating it completely! Now you have to put one copy back... I hope you have saved the text somewhere, say, in the MS Word file (I usually do so, to prevent losing the text due to some problem or a mistaken deletion).

I see one copy made it.

Steve I've taught tennis to children from 32 countries over the past decade. Although my sample size is small, I have noticed tendencies in my students that factor into their speed and preferred methods of learning. For example, my Chinese kids have an unsurpassed work ethic. My 3 boys from Bejing began taking lessons in the Fall, and by Spring they had advanced as far as my other students who had played for 3 years. My Indian students were far and away the most patient (kept their cool) in competitive situations and so on. I would be disappointed if my comments were interpreted as racist.

Maharishi used to say: We are citizens of the world... a global family. There are many flowers in the garden and each flower, though of different color, size, and scent, contributes to the beauty of the whole garden. No one would be happy if every culture were the same. The allure of International travel lies in experiencing different points of view, unique cuisine, art and music, varied geography and climates and such. Unfortunately, discussions that examine racial differences (as well as male/female roles in society) are like exposed nerves.. very sensitive.
You don't need to be politically correct here!

David

I have listened to this podcast several times and am confused because Steve is obviously sincere and has devoted most of his life to meditation. I liked the way in which Alex questioned him by asking where is the spiritual in this but he didn’t seem to get a straight answer. Personally I think that that people like the Maharishi and other womanisers such as Chogyam Trungpa probably did great spiritual harm regardless of the inspiring books written and amazing things they have done. Steve may have survived but many people will have been traumatised and disiIlusioned. I have just re-read Corinthians 1 chapter 13 where St Paul says that without love everything is worthless and the Maharishi’s behaviour isn’t my idea of love.

Regarding the practice of being sealed in a cell or cave without light for years at a time, Lama Govinda has a good chapter on this in the Way of the White Clouds. It’s chapter 6 The monastery of Immured Recluses. Although he talks about such cases he also says ‘Could anybody really believe that by shutting out the light of the sun he could find the inner light or attain to enlightenment. Did not the Buddha himself condem the extremes of asceticism................Tibetans in spite of their belief in supernatural and transcendent powers ....are eminently practical. He then goes on to describe the meditation cubicles and says that these hermitages were not meant to be places of torture but abodes of peace and undisturbed meditation.

He also describes lung gom pa practice but after many years what seems to expected is that the practitioner will find a hermitage and spend the rest of his life teaching, meditating, inspiring those who come to him and healing the sick.

I have listened to this podcast several times and am confused because Steve is obviously sincere and has devoted most of his life to meditation. I liked the way in which Alex questioned him by asking where is the spiritual in this but he didn’t seem to get a straight answer. Personally I think that that people like the Maharishi and other womanisers such as Chogyam Trungpa probably did great spiritual harm regardless of the inspiring books written and amazing things they have done. Steve may have survived but many people will have been traumatised and disiIlusioned. I have just re-read Corinthians 1 chapter 13 where St Paul says that without love everything is worthless and the Maharishi’s behaviour isn’t my idea of love.

Regarding the practice of being sealed in a cell or cave without light for years at a time, Lama Govinda has a good chapter on this in the Way of the White Clouds. It’s chapter 6 The monastery of Immured Recluses. Although he talks about such cases he also says ‘Could anybody really believe that by shutting out the light of the sun he could find the inner light or attain to enlightenment. Did not the Buddha himself condem the extremes of asceticism................Tibetans in spite of their belief in supernatural and transcendent powers ....are eminently practical. He then goes on to describe the meditation cubicles and says that these hermitages were not meant to be places of torture but abodes of peace and undisturbed meditation.

He also describes lung gom pa practice but after many years what seems to expected is that the practitioner will find a hermitage and spend the rest of his life teaching, meditating, inspiring those who come to him and healing the sick.

Your points are well taken, Maggie...

No one need suffer to attain God, however many choose to do so, including the Buddha, who was named Gautama at the time. Gautama Buddha put himself through tremendous suffering before opting for the Middle Way. I believe he spent six years living on a handful of rice each day, often eating nothing. At one point, his legs were little more than bamboo sticks. He would hold his breath until he experienced violent pain in his head and body. He often fell senseless to the ground. No one forced Gautama Buddha to perform these austerities. The actions were entirely his choice, his own free will.

As far as those lamas who choose to enter dark chambers for extended periods of time, my understanding is that no one is forced to do this. The lamas make the decision themselves and they start with 3 days and then extend longer. I have no interest in passing judgement on any of them. I only wish them fulfillment of their purpose.

Austerities are found in every religion... Christianity, Islam, Hinduism. If someone were forced against his will to do these things, that would be called torture, an entirely different matter. There is a Tibetan lama named Lobsang Rampa who wrote upwards of 20 books in the 1950-60s about Tibetan Buddhism. Lobsang described the isolation practices that took place in cubicles like the ones I saw beneath the lamaseries.

I have learned a few things over the years, and one is that whenever I have been tempted to judge another person, it proved not to be the best option. My Christian upbringing taught, 'judge not lest ye be judged.' There is far too much judgement in our world and it has led to hatred, revenge, and other maladies. Judgement is a form of fear. Succumbing to it weakens us. At the end of the day, humanity will need to embrace the reality that we are all ONE.

As Alex aptly pointed out, we'll all be judged when we pass on, but not by anyone other than ourselves. Let's let those who wish to practice asceticism, as well as our spiritual guides, review their own life choices and decide. Why make another person's problem our own by judging them?

Maharishi never wanted to be a guru. He came out of the Himalaya and left India to share his wisdom with those who came to him. Some of his followers placed unrealistic expectations on him and were disappointed when they discovered that he wasn't perfect. I consider his to be the greatest influence on my life... far surpassing my parents or siblings or my pastor grandfather... greater than any teachers, coaches, friends or teammates. If I was told that I could relive my life differently, there would be things I would change for sure, but my teenage years with Maharishi were priceless.

As a respected mahatma once said, 'no precious drop of love is ever wasted.'

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply Steve, of course ultimately no-one either could or should judge another person, but on this level of existence I think abuse in any situation should be called out, when power and spirituality is concerned it muddies the waters even further. I have two friends who have suffered greatly and will never be able to have normal relationships because of earlier abuse, I admire Pope Francis for acknowledging the depth of the problem in the Catholic Church.

For some people such as yourself their spirituality has become stronger after facing deception on their spiritual path, and I think of Karen Armstrong, whose experience in the convent wasn’t sexual although immensely damaging on both a physical and psychological level, but out of it has grown a leader whose voice is respected across the world. However, for most people this wouldn’t have happened and they would have remained damaged for the rest of their lives.

I think you would find Lama Govinda worth reading, his own guru expected to remain in isolation for life, he says ‘Tibetans are right when they show greater trust and respect to those who have proved their moral and spiritual strength in a solitary life of meditation and spiritual practice than to those who are merely good speakers or clever intellects. Only a man who knows how to unlock the treasures of the inner world can dare to renounce the outer one. For some people complete isolation is obviously a right choice but I suspect they are few and far between.

I read and enjoyed Lobsang Rampas books many decades ago but sadly he turned out to be a plumber from Plympton in Devon. The Dalai Lamas secretary said that the books were highly imaginative and fictional in nature but that they had created good publicity for Tibet. I guess in the end all things work together for good!

I have just re-read Corinthians 1 chapter 13 where St Paul says that without love everything is worthless and the Maharishi’s behaviour isn’t my idea of love.
Unfortunately I think it can be argued that St Paul's teachings also inspired a lot of very undesirable behaviour - much of it against women!

I think Steve has a point - there is way too much judgement and blame going around - much of it from politicians who probably aren't that blame free themselves - indeed at regular intervals we discover the truth about one or other noble politician. Christian priests used to be keen on condemning people for their sins, and almost inevitably we have found that Catholic priests are not exactly blameless, and then there are the US Christian evangelists who preach utter purity and then discovered with a male prostitute. Sometimes they then beg their followers for more money to help them repent.

If I'd been a prominent politician, or even president, I think I would have found the regular suggestions from attractive women to stray, hard to resist!

David

I agree with you David but on reflection I think it made sense for an emerging religious group to avoid standing out too much against the attitudes and customs of the day.

Politicians and presidents straying with attractive women is almost inevitable but there is still an imbalance of power, Monica Lewinsky was judged more harshly than president Clinton because she had exposed him. My problem with Maharishi and others is that he was pretending to be celibate which gave a false impression and sense of trust. I used to meditate with a group whose guru was Sogyal Rinpoche the author of The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, one woman was very uncomfortable when asked to give a massage to relax him and it came as a great shock when the extent of his sexual abuse emerged, although I am not sure in his case whether he said he was celebrate. In the Catholic Church although some priests have a calling to be celebate it is a requirement for them all and bound to cause problems.

Thank you for your reply Steve, of course ultimately no-one either could or should judge another person, but on this level of existence I think abuse in any situation should be called out, when power and spirituality is concerned it muddies the waters even further. I have two friends who have suffered greatly and will never be able to have normal relationships because of earlier abuse, I admire Pope Francis for acknowledging the depth of the problem in the Catholic Church.

I have a friend (male) from the TM movement who let the Maharishi issue eat away at him for years and so he asked Amma (Kerala saint) about it in a Q & A session. Amma said, "son, have you been personally harmed by this?" My friend said, "no." Amma said, "then leave it."

Amma's answer was the right one for my friend, but she was not addressing the greater issue of men taking advantage of women.

For some people such as yourself their spirituality has become stronger after facing deception on their spiritual path, and I think of Karen Armstrong, whose experience in the convent wasn’t sexual although immensely damaging on both a physical and psychological level, but out of it has grown a leader whose voice is respected across the world. However, for most people this wouldn’t have happened and they would have remained damaged for the rest of their lives.

Time and again, leaders have taken advantage of their positions of power. This is almost entirely a male issue, whether in the corporate arena, politics, or religion. Rick Archer has recently helped found an ethics in spiritual leadership committee to establish parameters of appropriate behavior for spiritual leaders. This is a good start.

I think you would find Lama Govinda worth reading, his own guru expected to remain in isolation for life, he says ‘Tibetans are right when they show greater trust and respect to those who have proved their moral and spiritual strength in a solitary life of meditation and spiritual practice than to those who are merely good speakers or clever intellects. Only a man who knows how to unlock the treasures of the inner world can dare to renounce the outer one. For some people complete isolation is obviously a right choice but I suspect they are few and far between.

Definitely few and far between. If I gave the impression that isolation for extended periods of time is a common practice among lamas, I gave a false impression. Most of the lamas I met/observed were fully engaged in activities such as ritualistic observance, study, or service to their monastic community. I found more austerity among the Indian yogic community than among the Tibetans, presumably because Buddha taught the Middle Way.

I have undergone a bit of austerity myself -- unbroken meditation from 3am til noon for months at a time, observing maun (silence) for weeks, long fasts on multiple occasions, etc. This sort of thing is not for everyone, but then neither is soul travel or inhabiting another person's body as Lobsang Rampa) claimed to have done. I've met yogis who have performed severe tapas (austerity) -- sitting in the Ganges for days with water up to their neck. Or the panch (5) agni (fire) sacrifice -- sitting at the center of 4 fires with the 5th fire being the sun overhead. Another yogi I wrote about had maintained silence for 7 years. This stuff is not for everyone, even fervent types.

I read and enjoyed Lobsang Rampas books many decades ago but sadly he turned out to be a plumber from Plympton in Devon. The Dalai Lamas secretary said that the books were highly imaginative and fictional in nature but that they had created good publicity for Tibet. I guess in the end all things work together for good!

I strongly disagree with the Dalai Lama's secretary's comments on Lobsang, but I am ridiculously far removed from the time and place. Lobsang claimed to have shifted to the body of a British citizen, a plumber as you note, when his own body was failing. This is certainly the stuff of fiction, but yogis do this all the time. It's no big deal, however it would seem ridiculous to many. I'm only guessing why Lobsang's authenticity was called into question... politics play a major role in every religion.

I have no doubt that if I wrote a book about my encounters with Sirians many would call it fiction... What to do? After I published my book, India: Mirror of Truth, Maharishi was asked if what I wrote was true, or not. Maharishi replied: we don't know what is true. I'm certain that if Maharishi knew that I have been soul traveling he would have given me a very firm slap on the wrist...probably would have shown me the door. :)

Last edited:
I dont really think it matters if it is a man or a woman who takes advantage of another person Steve. I feel strongly because I have watched the results of the abuse in the lives of my friends over the years. One has had to relive it recently as he was one of several others and at long last there has been a police investigation. In the other situation I knew the abuser myself and it has been a lesson in trusting my gut feelings as looking back there were hints that I could have noticed.

I am glad that Rick Archer is involved in an ethics for spiritual leadership committee, I can’t think of anyone better to be invoved I really respect his work.

I know little about the practices of Indian Yogis although I listen to talks by Ram Dass and his friends, for him as it is with Karen Armstrong spirituality is about caring for and serving people and developing compassion. I am afraid I fail miserably on all scores, I took my own spiritual practice very seriously over the years but in terms of austerity have never done more than occasional retreats including a week of silence and food fasting, not sure it did much for me spiritually, it showed me how much of our lives are governed by mealtimes, it’s quite disorienting when they aren’t there, and how much we project onto other people once the silence was over.

I have just looked up Lobsang Rampa, I knew that there had been an investigation many years ago and thought it was by a newspaper. Evidently an explorer and Tibetologist called Heinrich Harrer hired a private detective Clifford Burgess to nvestigate him and in 1957 Scotland Yard asked him to present a Tibetan passport or residence permit. The British press published the story and he eventually moved to Canada. That’s the short version, who knows what the truth is, he certainly made money from his books and a lot of people became interested in Tibet.

I dont really think it matters if it is a man or a woman who takes advantage of another person Steve. I feel strongly because I have watched the results of the abuse in the lives of my friends over the years. One has had to relive it recently as he was one of several others and at long last there has been a police investigation. In the other situation I knew the abuser myself and it has been a lesson in trusting my gut feelings as looking back there were hints that I could have noticed.

These issues have moved to the forefront in collective consciousness for a reason. Let us hope a new standard emerges.

My wife is very fond of Queen Elizabeth and so we're both enjoying The Crown. Funny, last night's episode was about Prince Philip, his lunch club, and his tour of the commonwealth. When allegations surfaced that Philip's personal secretary was involved in adulterous affairs, the queen's people went to work to quash things to avoid a scandal. Two things came to mind as we watched: 1) The queen was loyal to her husband even though he may or may not have been, 2) Protecting the crown was paramount in the eyes of government. If I were offering advice on choosing a spiritual teacher, I would suggest considering a woman 'guru' or a married man. Those options would dramatically reduce the chances of inappropriate behavior. I would also observe the behavior of the organization associated with the teacher. Are they reasonably transparent, or do the seconds in command tend to control things?

I am glad that Rick Archer is involved in an ethics for spiritual leadership committee, I can’t think of anyone better to be invoved I really respect his work.

I know little about the practices of Indian Yogis although I listen to talks by Ram Dass and his friends, for him as it is with Karen Armstrong spirituality is about caring for and serving people and developing compassion.

I have not found anyone that even approaches Amma when it comes to caring, compassion, and service to humanity. Her relief efforts and projects for poor and illiterate Indians far exceeds what the Indian government accomplishes. I won't be surprised if Amma receives a Nobel Prize one day. Her work staggers me!!!

I am afraid I fail miserably on all scores, I took my own spiritual practice very seriously over the years but in terms of austerity have never done more than occasional retreats including a week of silence and food fasting, not sure it did much for me spiritually, it showed me how much of our lives are governed by mealtimes, it’s quite disorienting when they aren’t there, and how much we project onto other people once the silence was over.

There is always a re-integration period following fasts or periods of silence. Same thing when we come out of meditation. If one were to jump right out of the chair after meditating, it would cause some disorientation.

I have just looked up Lobsang Rampa, I knew that there had been an investigation many years ago and thought it was by a newspaper. Evidently an explorer and Tibetologist called Heinrich Harrer hired a private detective Clifford Burgess to nvestigate him and in 1957 Scotland Yard asked him to present a Tibetan passport or residence permit. The British press published the story and he eventually moved to Canada. That’s the short version, who knows what the truth is, he certainly made money from his books and a lot of people became interested in Tibet.

It would be difficult for a British plumber to research and write about Tibetan monastic life with such depth, detail, and insight. Surely there are records of Lobsang's birth and death, his monastic life in Lhasa, not to mention his friendship with the Dalai Lama. There have been stranger forgeries, but Lobsang's accounts ring true for me.

Last edited:
I didn’t read all of his books but would have to agree that it would be difficult for someone of his background to research life in Tibet at the time. I have only the reply to his agent from the Dalai Lama which said ‘I wish to inform you that we do not place credence in the books written by the so-called Dr T Lobsang Rampa.

Good to hear about the charitable work done by Amma it would be wonderful if it were acknowledged with a Nobel Prize.

ET disclosure is huge because an ET element has been fueling the Shadow Government, providing certain groups with technology that allows them to maintain control.
not sure what to make of this. I'm hearing and trying to sort out different opinions.
My goto is usually Rey Hernandez since they are the only game in town when is comes to scientific survey on ET contact:
Beyond UFOs: The Science of Consciousness & Contact with Non ...
so I'm not comfortable drawing a stright line between Shadow Gov (whatever that means... at any given time and for any given group) and ET (again, seems like there may be many groups and differing adgendas among them).

would love to hear more of yr views... but gotta warn you... I may push back a bit :)

The NY Times or other mainstream media won't be leading the way to disclosure because they're controlled by the SG.
again, a little to gneralized for me. NYT is a mouthpiece for one particualar political voice... globalists.

Disclosure will come about as a result of military and/or intelligence community whistle blowers
the 12/17 disclosure psyop was all about "military and/or intelligence community whistle blowers"

What a massive irony that a guy like Trump may end up blowing the whole game wide open.
seems like Trump isn't about to blow anything wide open. seems to be backing off of real change, but who knows. Was more fun when I really believed he was outside the system... and when I didn't know what a perv he is.

One question I grapple with is: how will the public deal with the knowledge of ETs and their extensive history of shaping our planet?
seems like the drip, drip controlled disclosure has done a lot of the heavy lifting. I think a lot of folks got the message... Ancient Aliens has been on a long time :)

We have been habituated to the belief that intellect is the superior attribute, and emotion the weaker one...
great post... thx Mike. got me thinking... what if this is true... what if some kind of mass samadi is possible... I mean... why not... if samadi is real/possible at all then mass samadi is too, right?

people like the Maharishi and other womanisers such as Chogyam Trungpa probably did great spiritual harm regardless of the inspiring books written and amazing things they have done...
agreed. and I think we need to hammer on this point again and again... needs to be fully owned by TM community (just like it does the Catholic community). peeves me when folks are like "ok, now let's move on because we don't want to offend any TMers (substitute Catholics) who still "believe." No, let's not move on just yet :)

Indian parable: A yogi lived across the alley from a prostitute. Every day the yogi watched with scorn as men came and went, thinking how sinful the woman was. And, seeing the yogi meditating, the prostitute thought how pure and holy he must be.

When yogi and prostitute died, the prostitute ascended to heaven but the yogi ended up in hell. Seeing the woman in heaven, the yogi was outraged, 'Why this injustice?" The gatekeeper replied, "because you spent your life thinking how sinful the prostitute was while she spent her life thinking how pure you were. Remember, what you think, you become."

Last edited:
Thanks Alex, I think that great harm has been done to the Catholic church by the massive attempts to cover up abuse, my Catholic friends aren’t just disillusioned they are really angry.

Back