Telepathy test: which number did I write?

Hi, I invite you to participate in a simple telepathy test.

At about 5:00 p.m. on this Tuesday January 12 (Brussels, Belgium time), I wrote carefully one of the four numbers: "1", "2", "3", "4" on my sheet of paper, and I surrounded it with a circle. Then, I wrote it again twice.

I shall repeat this number (which was obtained using a random number generator) from time to time during this test and I ask you to write it here (if you think you know it, even with a doubt). You may also answer "I don't know". It might perhaps be useful also that you say how confident you are in your answer.

I also ask you (and I hope I am not asking for too much here)
- to say where you are (for example: "I am in New York", or "I am in London"; this may be important to me, because I want to study correlations between telepathy and distance), and
- to let me know what you think about the statement that I (Michel from near Brussels) have a tendency to communicate my thoughts extra-sensorially.

Thank you for participating.

With all due respect ... these kind of "telepathy" tests rarely work. If there is one common element in occurrences of telepathy among people is the close relationship between sender and receiver.

Also, I fear, a number written on a piece of paper could be among the less exciting subjects for such an experiment. ;)

With this said, good luck with the test :)

cheers

With all due respect ... these kind of "telepathy" tests rarely work. If there is one common element in occurrences of telepathy among people is the close relationship between sender and receiver.

Also, I fear, a number written on a piece of paper could be among the less exciting subjects for such an experiment. ;)

cheers
Bucky, I chose a number as a target in this test because it is very neutral. I had another idea in mind (something more socially oriented), but I was afraid of making some people unhappy, that's why I didn't use it.

cheers
Also, I should perhaps reply to your statement that "... these kind of "telepathy" tests rarely work. If there is one common element in occurrences of telepathy among people is the close relationship between sender and receiver." (I quoted you).
I do not think I need to worry about close relationships between sender and receiver, in my case, because it seems that I am "special", that I have a tendency to involuntarily communicate my thoughts to others through telepathy, even when they are far away and when I don't know them personally.
I have received several testimonies indicating this is true (though I am still investigating, this is why I do this test).

For example, in 2010, I asked, on Yahoo Answers:
"Do you sometimes have the odd impression of "knowing what I think" because of an unusual telepathy phenomenon?
My (first) name is Michel, I Iive near Brussels (Belgium). ..."
One member replied:
"Well, I nearly always know what you think, but then I'm an excellent observer and smart as a whip. ..."
This member (im) had a very good best answer rate on Yahoo Answers (93%) when his account was closed.
The link is: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100703134559AAR70yj .

Last edited:
What's the matter, Recruiter? You don't seem to like my post #6, even though you liked my opening post. Some clarification may be needed, I am not on this forum to encourage darkness (at my level) of course.

I would like to receive a few more answers equal to "1", "2", "3" or "4", only Ian Gordon has provided such an answer so far. If you don't like to provide details about your location or about my hypothetical "telepathicness" (see my opening post), you may just drop that part to keep it simple.

Thank you to all for your contributions in this thread. Ian answered "3", Hurmanetar answered "2" and the correct number was ... "1" (unfortunately). Rotting Flesh's number ("9") is, however, somewhat related to the correct number because 1 = 10 - 9.

On that reasoning, were Hurmanetar and Ian collectively right because 3-2=1?
No, that would seem an artificial and complicated reasoning to me. What is perhaps more significant is the sequence, (the evolution) of answers: 3, 2 and then a number related to 1(idea of continuous, gradual, progress). For completeness, I should perhaps mention that neither Ian's nor Hurmanetar's answer appear credible to me.

No, that would seem an artificial and complicated reasoning to me. What is perhaps more significant is the sequence, (the evolution) of answers: 3, 2 and then a number related to 1(idea of continuous, gradual, progress). For completeness, I should perhaps mention that neither Ian's nor Hurmanetar's answer appear credible to me.
I agree that the reasoning should be considered artificial, complicated and I'll add arbitrary. But I'm not clear how my reasoning is any more or less so than your 10-9 argument? It strikes me as special pleading.

I know you've been doing these tests for a long time. From time to time I've glanced at other threads you've been in on other forums but it has been awhile, and even then I didn't follow that much of it so you may have discussed these issues before. I like that you are testing your hypothesis, but I'm wondering whether you are making efforts to control for bias in the results and your interpretation of them.

If you are interested in it we could discuss ways to reduce the risk of bias in your methodology here on the forum, so that you can more reliably pursue your testing going forward.

I agree that the reasoning should be considered artificial, complicated and I'll add arbitrary. But I'm not clear how my reasoning is any more or less so than your 10-9 argument? It strikes me as special pleading.

I know you've been doing these tests for a long time. From time to time I've glanced at other threads you've been in on other forums but it has been awhile, and even then I didn't follow that much of it so you may have discussed these issues before. I like that you are testing your hypothesis, but I'm wondering whether you are making efforts to control for bias in the results and your interpretation of them.

If you are interested in it we could discuss ways to reduce the risk of bias in your methodology here on the forum, so that you can more reliably pursue your testing going forward.
Arouet, the relationship between 9 and 1 seems fairly obvious to me, but I understand you are not (or don't seem to be) convinced of this. Obviously, you are entitled to your opinion.