Testing mediums this way ?

Hi,

Do mediums have already been tested this way ?

1 - Targets are alive or not. And the medium does not know it.

2- Several mediums try to get in touch with the same target simultaneously.

Thanks.

Hi Ioka

I think this may be a tricky one if by target you mean a person specifically targeted by the medium. I'm not sure any (reputable mediums) claim to be able to contact specific people on command. It would appear the mechanism is controlled largely from the 'other side' and the medium somewhat passive in the process, or at least simply receiving information. There do appear to be examples where 'discarnates' have cooperated with researchers along the lines you suggest but I can't think of any initiated by the medium.

There are certainly many examples of a 'discarnate person' ostensibly contacting different mediums with the same message to reinforce the point. The so-called 'cross-correspondences' might be one famous example (if a bit difficult to follow IMHO), Leslie Flint's career started with a message from a complete stranger in a different part of the world passed to her for onward communication to Flint, and he claimed to have received messages from the same 'individual' through other mediums.

There are also examples of mediums apparently contacting living people though this seems to occur when the communicator is not conscious or is incapacitated in same way eg coma.

So there are lots of examples of the type you allude to but if you mean under laboratory conditions then I can't think of any off-hand and I wouldn't consider myself an authority on the subject. Perhaps someone else can help.

Last edited:
Hi,

Do mediums have already been tested this way ?

1 - Targets are alive or not. And the medium does not know it.

2- Several mediums try to get in touch with the same target simultaneously.

Thanks.
If you are interested in mediumship you should consider taking one of the courses at the Rhine Research Center. You just missed such a course, but they do get repeated:

http://www.rhineeducationcenter.org...cription/111-exploring-mediumship-description
Syllabus - Exploring Mediumship Research

Instructors: Carlos S. Alvarado, PhD & Nancy L. Zingrone, PhD

About the course:

In this course students will be given an in-depth look at mediumship research, from teh 19th century to the present. Among the topics will be: the history of mediumship, physical and mental mediumship, the medium in popular culture, and the impact of mediumship on theory-building in parapsychology, expecially on research into survial beyond bodily death.

Learning Outcomes:

Upon completion of the course students will be able to:

1. Describe the history of mediumship and how mediumship is expressed in at least one other culture.

2. Name and describe some important mediums and the individuals who investigated them.

3. Discuss how mediumship has been portrayed in popular culture.

4. Describe the work of the Windbridge Institute and explain how their work illustrates both quantitative research and qualitative research into mediums and mediumship.

Weekly Topics

Week 1: Introduction to Mediumship Research (Alvarado)

Week 2: Types of Mediums 1: Mental Mediumship (Zingrone)

Week 3: Types of Mediums 2: Physical Mediumship (Alvarado)

Week 4: Mediums in the Popular Culture (Zingrone)

Week 5: The Psychology of Mediums (Alvarado)

Week 6: Methodology, Training and Verification of Mediums: The Windbridge Institute Research #1: (Zingrone)

Week 7: Qualitative Investigation of the Mediumship Experience: The Windbridge Institute Research #2: (Zingrone)

Week 8: Mediums and Survival after Death (Alvarado)

Class Materials

The classroom includes a Course Materials section. In it you will find assigned readings for every week. The course textbook will be Among the Mediums: A Scientist’s Quest for Answersby Dr. Julie Beischel of the Windbridge Institute. Click the title of the book to be taken to the book page on Amazon.com.

Suggested readings (articles, books, and blogs), YouTube videos, experiencer websites, and links to other materials will also be listed on a week-by-week basis in the Course Materials book. Suggested readings are not assigned, but are provided for those who are interested in delving more deeply into some aspect of mediumship on their own.

Mediums should be tested according to how they claim they work. Mediums don't decide which spirits they communicate with, they say which spirits are trying to communicate through them.

The usual way mediums have been tested is through "proxy sittings" where the medium does not know who the person they are giving the reading to is, and that person is not present during the reading.

Thanks. My personnal experience with a Medium is outstanding. It happened in 2004.

I didn't open the mouth during the reading and he understood that.

I thought he was wrong when he talked about my grandfather when I realised that he was talking about the father of my father and not the father of my mother.

He gave 2 names. The 2 names were right. He gave physical details also. For example, he said that my grandfather lost a finger and that was right. Some of the details that I didn't know were proven right by my mother.

Nothing can explain this outside that something else was giving him these informations.

The question is : what was this "something".

what could we say to the people who say that in fact, mediums are communicating with the akashik library instead of the diceased ?

what could we say to the people who say that in fact, mediums are communicating with the akashik library instead of the diceased ?
It depends what kind of mediumship is being referred to. Types of mediumship where the personality is communicated as well as facts would, to me, make it more likely that it is a personal communicator rather than information from some purported library. Mediums such as Leslie Flint where the communicator engages directly with the sitters would seem to me only really explicable by survival (if genuine) of the person.

It depends what kind of mediumship is being referred to. Types of mediumship where the personality is communicated as well as facts would, to me, make it more likely that it is a personal communicator rather than information from some purported library. Mediums such as Leslie Flint where the communicator engages directly with the sitters would seem to me only really explicable by survival (if genuine) of the person.
Thanks... The same with Gordon Smith... I can't imagine that he reads the akashic...

Other " evidence" ? What would Julie Beishel answer to this ?

Thanks... The same with Gordon Smith... I can't imagine that he reads the akashic...

Other " evidence" ? What would Julie Beishel answer to this ?
The trouble with clairvoyant mediumship is that it seems to me that the personality is rarely communicated tbh.