The Donald Trump Thread

What are they protesting about ? Is it Trump or just life in general.
I think people are afraid, very afraid.
I guess american people are worried about their healthcare, global warming, women's rights, lgbt rights, racial discrimination, freedom of press, science budgets, anti-vax sentiments, and so much more
Heck i am worried, and i am not even American. I am worried because the largest military in the world (largest with such a great margin, it becomes ridiculous), is lead by an orange haired, mentally deficient, failed reality star.
I am worried that Trump's incompetence, aggravated by a combination of arrogance, ignorance, and narcissism, will cause a war on a large scale.

Whether this worry is justified or not, the fact that it exists, and keeping in mind that most Americans did not vote for Trump, explaines the protests.

Apparently the protests in DC largely out sized the actual inauguration numbers? (Or Snowden said on his Twitter)

Interesting tidbit for the history books, if nothing else.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/21/politics/womens-march-donald-trump-inauguration-sizes/
It's also going to be impossible to gauge how many people exactly attended Trump's inauguration as opposed to the Women's March Saturday organized as a direct rebuttal to Trump the previous day.​

The DC area is mostly Democrat. The inauguration was on a weekday when many people have to go to work or school, there were violent protests in the area which had been promising to disrupt the event and block access which could have discouraged families, children, women, and men from attending, and it was rainy. Another thing that could have made a difference is differing preferences for MAGA hats and pussy hats.

During the campaign, Trump rallies in blue states were overflowing while Hillary couldn't get people to show up even with Beyonce performing. Maybe it was Trump's MAGA hats that drew people? If Hillary had been selling pussy hats during the campaign, would she be in office right now?

live_map_president.png

Map adjusted for population... (Pennsylvania has several high population blue counties in the east ie Philadelphia)

but-of-course-the-us-population-is-not-evenly-distributed-among-the-states-this-map-distorts-the-sizes-of-the-states-to-reflect-their-varying-populations.jpg

george-w-bush-3-e2643127-ef03-4234-916a-c96204c7164d.jpg

170120024828-trump-protest-dc-exlarge-169.jpg

5883d6dff10a9a09778b76ae-2000

5883a9a5f10a9a98468b8f81-2000

Last edited:
is lead by an orange haired, mentally deficient, failed reality star.
I am worried that Trump's incompetence, aggravated by a combination of arrogance, ignorance, and narcissism, will cause a war on a large scale.

I find it disconcerting that Trump will state a demonstrable mistruth and then claim those that prove him wrong are lying. This is not isolated, but commonplace. The extraordinary mocking of the disabled journalist, whether real or imagined, masked a far more disturbing example of the above.

Trump made a wild claim stating, “I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.” then used an article by Kovaleski to suggest it backed his claim. It didn't!

When the reporter had the temerity to point this out stating, “I certainly do not remember anyone saying that thousands or even hundreds of people were celebrating. That was not the case, as best as I can remember.” Trump accused him of saying, "‘I was wrong, I promise you, I made a mistake when I wrote the article.’ He was groveling, grovel, grovel, grovel.” [ source text]

Trump's actions remind me of a tin pot dictator, desperate to silence dissent, twist truth and do it all while being dangerously insecure about himself. Thankfully, he does a very poor job of it.

Many people who live in the US are worried about
  • attacks on police officers
  • high premiums and deductibles on health insurance that have made their policies useless
  • people who have given up looking for work
  • very low quality public schools in some locations
  • rioters breaking windows and burning cars
  • terrorists hiding among refugees
  • easing rules on illegal immigration that allow criminals, drug dealers, gang members, rapists, murders, human traffickers and their victims to enter and remain in the country illegally
  • illegal immigrants taking their jobs or driving down wages
  • illegal immigrants and refugees straining infrastructure and government services beyond their capacity which drives up taxes
  • getting fired and having to train their replacements who are here on H1-B visas.
  • political appointees in the justice department protecting corrupt government officials
  • the justice department not enforcing civil rights laws equally for all people
  • politically motivated prosecutions
  • the IRS and FBI persecuting conservative organizations
  • government bureaucrats persecuting business in industries they don't like
  • being harassed and persecuted for expressing conservative beliefs
  • reverse discrimination in many, many different forms
  • political activists impersonating journalists and political organizations impersonating media outlets
  • arbitrary enforcement of laws - this makes legislation pointless when the executive branch only enforces the parts of laws that it chooses to.
  • so many laws that most people are criminals and don't even know it - which means that if you annoy a government official they can easily find a way to put you in jail
People who don't live in the US might not know about these problems. If their news outlets don't report on these it wouldn't be surprising because the news media in the US doesn't give them the attention they deserve either. But the people who live here who experience these problems are not stupid or evil as those who don't know about or experience these problems assume, they just know how to vote.

Last edited:
http://www.hannity.com/articles/election-493995/heres-a-list-of-36-of-15142152/

Here's A List Of 36 Of The Biggest Lies Hillary Has Told So Far
LIE #1: CLINTON PUBLICLY BLAMED A YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR THE BENGHAZI TERRORIST ATTACK, WHILE PRIVATELY ACKNOWLEDGING THAT IT “HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FILM”

LIE #2: CLINTON HAS PUBLICLY TOUTED THE RUSSIAN “RESET” WHILE PRIVATELY ADMITTING IT WAS A FAILURE

LIE #3: CLINTON HAS TRIED TO REWRITE THE HISTORY OF HER POLICY TOWARDS SYRIA

LIE #4: CLINTON IS “UNCREDIBLE” WHEN IT COMES TO BASHAR AL-ASSAD

LIE #5: CLINTON FALSELY CLAIMED THAT EMAILS FROM SIDNEY BLUMENTHAL WERE “UNSOLICITED,” WHEN IN FACT, CLINTON TREATED HIM AS A SECRET, OFF-THE-BOOKS ADVISER

LIE #6: CLINTON TRIED TO DOWNPLAY AND MISLEAD ABOUT HER VOTE TO AUTHORIZE THE WAR IN IRAQ

LIE #7: CLINTON ADMITTED SHE VOTED AGAINST THE IRAQ SURGE PURELY FOR POLITICAL REASONS

LIE #8: CLINTON’S ATTITUDE TOWARDS OUTSOURCING DEPENDS ON WHO IS LISTENING

LIE #9: BEYOND JUST HER CONFLICTING RHETORIC, CLINTON CONTRIBUTED TO THE OUTSOURCING OF AMERICAN JOBS HERSELF

LIE #10: CLINTON HAS SHARPLY CRITICIZED SUPREME COURT CAMPAIGN FINANCE RULINGS BUT IS ACTIVELY USING THEM TO RAISE TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

LIE #11: CLINTON’S SUPER PAC HYPOCRISY

LIE #12: CLINTON’S PAST RHETORIC ON PUBLIC CAMPAIGN FINANCING REFORM NEVER RECONCILED WITH HER RECORD IN THE SENATE

LIE #13: CLINTON HAS BEEN CALLED OUT FOR CREATING AN “ABSURD” CLAIM ABOUT HER OPPOSITION TO MIDDLE-CLASS TAXES

LIE #14: CLINTON HAS INTRODUCED A NEW PLAN FOR THE ESTATE TAX WHICH CLOSES “LOOPHOLES,” BUT DOESN’T ADDRESS THE ONE HER FAMILY IS EXPLOITING

LIE #15: CLINTON BROKE BILL’S PLEDGE ABOUT NOT USING A “BROAD-BASED” TAX HIKE TO PAY FOR “HILLARYCARE”

LIE #16: CLINTON WAS FOR FRACKING BEFORE SHE WAS AGAINST IT

LIE #17: CLINTON HAS IGNORED HER PAST SUPPORT OF OFFSHORE DRILLING IN THE ARCTIC TO BOLSTER HER ENVIRONMENTAL CREDENTIALS

LIE #18: AS A CANDIDATE, CLINTON SAYS OPPOSES NEW DRILLING OFF AMERICA’S SHORES, BUT AS SECRETARY OF STATE HER ACTIONS SUPPORTED NEW DRILLING

LIE #19: CLINTON TAKES DIFFERENT POSITIONS ON QUESTIONING JUDICIAL NOMINEES

LIE #20: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE MATTER OF NUMBER OF DEVICES SHE USED

LIE #21: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON TURNING OVER ALL OF HER WORK RELATED EMAIL

LIE #22: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON TRANSMITTING CLASSIFIED INFORMATION AT THE TIME OF SENDING OR RECEIVING

LIE #23: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE MATTER OF WHETHER THERE WAS MARKED CLASSIFIED MATERIAL ON HER SERVER

LIE #24: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE MATTER OF HER SECRET SERVER BEING VULNERABLE TO HACKERS

LIE #25: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE MATTER OF SHE AND HER AIDES DELETING AND WIPING DEVICES

LIE #26: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON WHETHER OR NOT SHE HAD THE AUTHORITY TO SET UP HER OWN SERVER

LIE #27: THE FBI EXPOSED CLINTON’S LIES ON THE ISSUE OF WHETHER SHE EMAILED PEOPLE WITHOUT A PROPER SECURITY CLEARANCE

LIE #28: LAST YEAR, CLINTON “DUSTED OFF” A CLAIM THAT SHE TRIED TO JOIN THE MARINES IN 1975, BUT WAS REJECTED

LIE #29: NOT EVEN A WEEK INTO HER CAMPAIGN KICKOFF, CLINTON WAS CAUGHT TELLING A FALSEHOOD ABOUT HER FAMILY HISTORY IN IOWA

LIE #30: PANDERING TO VOTERS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, CLINTON CLAIMED THE FIRST TIME SHE EVER CAMPAIGNED FOR ANYONE WAS IN THAT STATE IN 1991

LIE #31: ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN TRAIL, CLINTON CLAIMED SHE CAME UNDER SNIPER FIRE IN BOSNIA

LIE #32: ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN TRAIL, CLINTON EMBELLISHED HER ROLE DURING NORTHERN IRELAND’S PEACE NEGOTIATIONS

LIE #33: ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN TRAIL, CLINTON TOOK LIBERTIES WHEN DESCRIBING A TRIP TO MACEDONIA SHE MADE AS FIRST LADY

LIE #34: ON THE 2008 CAMPAIGN TRAIL, CLINTON OVERSTATED HER TRAVEL SCHEDULE AS FIRST LADY, IMPLYING SHE TRAVELED TO DANGEROUS AREAS

LIE #35: CLINTON HAS EVEN EMBELLISHED HER STORY OF THE BIN LADEN RAID

LIE #36: AS FIRST LADY, CLINTON CLAIMED SHE WAS NAMED AFTER EDMUND HILLARY, THE FIRST PERSON TO CLIMB MOUNT EVEREST

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...amas-biggest-whoppers/?utm_term=.b17d131a19da

Obama’s biggest whoppers​
  • “More young black men languish in prison than attend colleges and universities across America”
  • “We signed into law the biggest middle-class tax cut in history”
  • “90 percent of the budget deficit is due to George W. Bush’s policies”
  • “If you like your health-care plan, you can keep it”
  • “The Capitol Hill janitors just got a pay cut”
  • “The day after Benghazi happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism”
  • “I didn’t call the Islamic State a ‘JV’ team”
  • “Republicans have filibustered 500 pieces of legislation”
  • “The Keystone pipeline is for oil that bypasses the United States”
  • “We have fired a whole bunch of people who are in charge of these [VA] facilities”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...al-now-know-400-conservative-groups-targeted/
In February 2014 Barack Obama told Bill O’Reilly that there was “not even a smidgen of corruption” in the IRS scandal.​

http://www.infowars.com/252-documen...as-lying-lawbreaking-corruption-cronyism-etc/
252 DOCUMENTED EXAMPLES OF BARACK OBAMA’S LYING, LAWBREAKING, CORRUPTION, CRONYISM, ETC.​

Screen-Shot-2017-01-21-at-9.02.13-AM-600x174.png

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/beware-the-rise-left-wing-authoritarianism-19145
There is an obvious irony in the use of brownshirt tactics by people who think of themselves as “anti-fascist.” The thugs on the street are not the only ones who are hypocritical here, however: many a liberal pundit—for that matter, certain NeverTrump neoconservatives, too—has irresponsibly likened Trump and populist movement behind him to fascism.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/255167/
They don’t want to fight fascism. They just want to be sure that it's their fascism that comes out on top.​

http://ijr.com/2017/01/783119-brit-...ics-claims-theres-a-deceptive-trick-to-photos

Brit Hume Calls BS on Trump and Obama Inauguration Pics--Claims There's a Deceptive Trick to Photos
A viral image put out by the New York Times, and subsequently adopted by much of the media, has been utilized by his opposition as a way of demonstrating that Trump's crowd was substantially smaller than former President Obama's in 2009.
Screenshot-1_21_2017-11_41_03-PM.jpg

One unlikely figure to weigh in on the controversy is veteran Fox News anchor Brit Hume, who was in attendance on Inauguration Day. Hume claims that the photos being used by the media are deceptive for one particular reason:
"I was in the building at the bottom of picture on right yesterday. Shot was taken early, area was considerably fuller by time of speech."

Screenshot-1_22_2017-1_27_43-AM.jpg

Last edited:
Fake news about hoax hate crimes falsely attributed to Trump supporters are driving real violence against Trump supporters.

http://wearechange.org/fake-hate-crimes-going-viral-violence-surges-young-trump-supporters/

Fake Hate Crimes Going Viral, As Real Violence Surges Against Young Trump Supporters

Nov 11, 2016

Half the nation’s voters who support president-elect Donald Trump have become targets of violence — as petulant Hillary Clinton supporters report fake hate crimes to feed their narrative.

This week, there has been a wave of crimes against Trump supporters — including violent assaults on an 11-year-old boy and a female California high school sophomore.

Meanwhile, the liberal media have been blasting out any Facebook post containing a claim of bigotry, sexism, or hate crimes into virality — even without confirming them — and the police are debunking them one by one.
This blood is on the hands of Hillary Clinton and the lying liberal media who spent a year and a half painting Trump supporters as sexist dangerous Nazis — and those who continue to use these false reports of hate crimes to keep pushing that narrative. Shame on you.

http://twitchy.com/twitchys-3831/20...the-media-blamed-on-trump-and-his-supporters/
7 Fake Hate Crimes That The Media Blamed On Trump And His Supporters​

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/11/l...rters-focuses-on-unproven-anti-trump-stories/
Liberal Media Ignores Violence Against Trump Supporters, Focuses On Unproven Anti-Trump Stories

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...pologize-hoax-attacks-trump-supporters-video/
60 Minutes” Host Demands TRUMP Apologize for HOAX ATTACKS

Last edited:
Well do you think it is right to discuss homosexuality with such young children - other than to warn them about strangers etc.? This is what I mean by saying that because the Left see this as a campaigning issue, they simply push and push at the boundaries. They are in danger of spoiling a valuable reform by almost trying to provoke outrage that they can then claim as homophobia.

I talked to a gay man who did not attend one of these parades because it was depraved - i.e. people would have been arrested for corresponding heterosexual behaviour in public . Again, this to me is an example of just pushing beyond what is reasonable - always trying to shock and provoke trouble. Most gay people (at least the ones I know) are just glad to lead their own lives - they are not trying to provoke. To be fair, it may be that Christian groups are trying to push outside what is normal UKIP policy - I simply don't know.

UKIP has problems with individual members - as do other parties (the Liberal Democrats had the prolific paedophile, Cyril Smith MP, and it is rumoured that others in the party hid his activities) - but nobody would call that party paedophile, because the bulk of the members do not condone such behaviour. UKIP is loathed because we caused the BREXIT referendum to be called, and won the BREXIT vote. Any dirt is used to throw at us.

David

Last edited:
http://ijr.com/2017/01/783119-brit-...ics-claims-theres-a-deceptive-trick-to-photos

Brit Hume Calls BS on Trump and Obama Inauguration Pics--Claims There's a Deceptive Trick to Photos
A viral image put out by the New York Times, and subsequently adopted by much of the media, has been utilized by his opposition as a way of demonstrating that Trump's crowd was substantially smaller than former President Obama's in 2009.

One unlikely figure to weigh in on the controversy is veteran Fox News anchor Brit Hume, who was in attendance on Inauguration Day. Hume claims that the photos being used by the media are deceptive for one particular reason:
"I was in the building at the bottom of picture on right yesterday. Shot was taken early, area was considerably fuller by time of speech."

1) The two pictures are both from before the speeches started.

2) According to figures shared by the Metro Washington subway system on Twitter, 193,000 trips had been taken by 11am on Donald Trump’s inauguration day, compared with 513,000 during the same period on 20 January 2009 when Barack Obama took office

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...crowd-sean-spicers-claims-versus-the-evidence

Trump drew a smaller crowd then Obama, just accept it and move on.

Again, it is clear that quite a few blacks and hispanics voted for Trump. Trump isn't trying to put forward a racist message at all. His message is really quite left-wing, in that he wants poor Americans to get a better deal. That is what the Left used to be about!

Well not really - people who campaign for a party have obviously thought about what they are doing quite carefully.

Well actually Larry's remark implies that there might be a strand of the Left that could splinter off and return to more traditional Left views.

I think the best way to preserve Lesbian and Gay rights is not to continue to treat them as political. The battles have been won, and while there will be small numbers of people who don't like it, unless there really is a group that seriously challenge the current laws, it is far better to leave the subject alone. That is what I would want if I were gay. I can't really imagine being gay, as such, but we can all imagine what it would be like to have emerged from victimisation. I think I would want to merge!

As for the T in the above comment, I think my position is that those people need to be helped psychologically, and preferably not surgically. The problem is that very few straight men will want a relationship with an M-F transsexual (and probably vice versa). You can't call that prejudice - everyone is free to select their own partner. IMHO appending T on to LGB has really clouded the water and not helped the LGB crowd at all. Politicising transsexuals has probably done them no favour at all.

David

1) I don't know how to debate you about this stuff, it seems that prejudiced and bigoted statements are normal now and that basically, there's no such thing as racism/homophobia etc anymore. Trump has made plenty of ridiculous and nasty statements, if you don't think they're racist or whatever, it's because you agree and don't want think of yourself in such terms.

2) People from minority backgrounds voting for Trump doesn't mean he hasn't said racist or prejudiced things.

3) Well you're not gay, why don't we let LGBT decide the best way of preserving and fighting for their rights since they've largely succeeded to this point?

4) I think the opinion of professionals, expert and Transsexual people is best to be referred to on this issue. It seems like you have a slight issue with Transsexual people, god knows why.

Maybe it was Trump's MAGA hats that drew people? If Hillary had been selling pussy hats during the campaign, would she be in office right now?

Trump was the only Republican Hilary had a chance against, so I don't think anything could've saved her.

It's more interesting to me to think if Sanders could've won. I suspect not but it would've been a more interesting race. Personally would've preferred McMullin vs Sanders as then I think there'd be two men who genuinely care about this country even if they disagree. An inspirational race for young people...well maybe it's what happened in another universe...

Reactions: Red

Trump's inauguration also got significantly less viewers on television then Obama did in 2009, 30.6 million vs 37.7 million viewers.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/donald-trump-inauguration-ratings-30-6-million-obama-1201966171/

Trump's approval rating is also the lowest coming into office for two decades:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...al-rating-lowest-president-elect-two-decades/

Then there's the fact he lost the popular vote by millions.

The guy just isn't that popular, trying to pretend it's all media bias only convinces yourself and other Trump supporters.

Trump was the only Republican Hilary had a chance against, so I don't think anything could've saved her.

It's more interesting to me to think if Sanders could've won. I suspect not but it would've been a more interesting race. Personally would've preferred McMullin vs Sanders as then I think there'd be two men who genuinely care about this country even if they disagree. An inspirational race for young people...well maybe it's what happened in another universe...

All the data I've seen strongly suggests Sanders would have won, partly because he would have picked up many more votes in the crucial swing states.

All the data I've seen strongly suggests Sanders would have won, partly because he would have picked up many more votes in the crucial swing states.

I realize a lot of people say this, but I also think people overestimate the amount of people who want America to become a socialist state.

For example a lot of older Asian-Americans don't want their money to just go to whatever project the Dems think is worthwhile, their whole reason for working long hard hours is to pass it on to their children and possibly other relatives.

Back