Mod+ The Halloween Ghost Thread

Do they mark Halloween in any special way, or just sell the usual junk in the stores?

David
There's a lot of junk in the stores, for sure. But it is a rather special time here. They milk the historic witch trials for all its worth, and make a lot of money in doing so. There are all sorts of ghost tours and Halloween activities. People told us that the final two weeks of October here are absolutely insane, and they were right, the traffic is nuts this time of year, and people make money by allowing people to park in their yards etc. According to Wikipedia, "[18] More than 250,000 people visited Salem over Halloween weekend in 2016" and thats for a city with a population around 40,000 I think.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/stanley-hotel-little-girl-ghost_us_59d70686e4b072637c431df7

A photograph taken at the Colorado hotel that helped to inspire Stephen King’s bestselling novel “The Shining” shows what appears to be two “ghosts.”

The Mausling family of Aurora, Colorado, participated in a “spirit tour” at the 108-year-old Stanley Hotel in Estes Park last month. After returning home, they noticed a photo taken by John “Jay” Mausling that seemed to show a young girl walking down the stairs. John Mausling and his wife, Jessica Martinez-Mausling, told HuffPost via email that there were no young girls in their 11-member party or on the tour.

“At first we tried to be logical and think we somehow missed her so we asked our kids, their girlfriends and our friend if they remembered seeing a little girl,” they wrote. “Nobody did. We do not remember seeing anything on the stairs when we took the picture.”

59d738bb140000a6234935f0.jpeg

I watch a lot of actress Monique Parent's videos - they're mostly beauty-oriented, but I just came across this one of her experience of being possessed during a seance:

Reactions: K9!
Back