Mod+ The New Anti Skeptic Movement

My apologies if this has already been posted. I've been away and haven't kept up with the forum.

Robert McLuhan joins Eldon for a vigorous discussion about the skeptics and their strategies to discredit anything paranormal. This interview will deal in depth with McLuhan's book, "Randi's Prize: What Sceptics Say About the Paranormal, Why They Are Wrong, and Why It Matters."

I don't know if there's anything to the paranormal, but there's clearly effort on the part of materialist evangelicals to utilize distortion and shaming tactics to suppress honest inquiry about the question.
I think you can only be hesitant about the paranormal if you take it out of context and treat it as though the only place it's ever been encountered is in the lab and it's only real if scientists can prove it with advanced statistics.

It raises the bar unnecessarily high. People experience the psychic and the spiritual all the time. It's the scientists who must catch up and try to understand that which is inherently not measurable. (i.e. consciousness) Otherwise you're pretending that half the world must be deluded or frauds. I've never been a fan of the everyone else-must-be-stupid trope. It doesn't match reality.

I don't know if there's anything to the paranormal, but there's clearly effort on the part of materialist evangelicals to utilize distortion and shaming tactics to suppress honest inquiry about the question.
For me, that's exactly it, Sciborg. As far as I'm concerned the paranormal is still up in the air, even some days I lean towards the majority of subjects being discussed within a paranormal framework to be bunk (My psychological issues never end). But I find it woefully dishonest the way certain groups are shamed because of their belief, or non-belief.