The Purpose of Life?

Red

New
I recently came across this Garnet Schulhauser video about his encounter with his spirit guide Albert. I know his name has come up on this forum before and I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on his books: Dancing on a Stamp etc., and his ideas.

Watching this video has made me return to previous thoughts and questions about earthly incarnation. Why do we come here at all? Why is direct experience of our guides and spirit realms (like that experienced by Schulhauser) so rare?

Why do we come here at all?

That's an easy one.

a) good works (goodness/love in action)
b) cultivation of love and compassion in one's heart
c) being the most authentic "you" you can be and being happy
d) accumulating experience over lifetimes, in this plane or others
e) fulfilling soul plans and contracts
f) don't rack your brain over such things: it's all Experience for Source
g) psychic/emotional wound healing
h) developing true self-love and self-compassion (which leads to compassion for others)
i) raising one's level of Awareness and vibrational level, using spiritual disciplines (meditation, prayer, etc.)
j) finding out Who You Really Are (an etheric being) and therefore "what's it all about"
k) there is no universal, one-size-fits-all answer: you have an "individually-tailored" soul plan
l) any and all of the above

Next question.

;)

I don't know. If my "spirt guide" told me to write a book about "the purpose of life" after taking several astral trips, my first question would have been ... "Are humans really ready for this?" "They are all going to think I am crazy!!!" Garnett seems to be a level headed sort of guy but even I was even wondering if he was crazy. And I tend to be open minded to such things. I do hope that humans on this planet are starting to wake up. However, from my perspective ... I doubt it.

I don't know. If my "spirt guide" told me to write a book about "the purpose of life" after taking several astral trips, my first question would have been ... "Are humans really ready for this?" "They are all going to think I am crazy!!!" Garnett seems to be a level headed sort of guy but even I was even wondering if he was crazy.

That was one of the things that went through my head: Is he crazy. or have any ulterior motives? However, he seems quite genuine, sane, and I hardly think that his experience has led him to greater fame and fortune than he already had. :)

I do believe that I have a tenuous conscious connection with my guide(s). Never have I had that (Garnett) kind of connection. I have heard many stories of people being helped by seemingly 'real' people during times of great danger or tragedy only to find the person mysteriously disappearing afterwards.

Why do we come here at all?

That's an easy one.

a) good works (goodness/love in action)
b) cultivation of love and compassion in one's heart
c) being the most authentic "you" you can be and being happy
d) accumulating experience over lifetimes, in this plane or others
e) fulfilling soul plans and contracts
f) don't rack your brain over such things: it's all Experience for Source
g) psychic/emotional wound healing
h) developing true self-love and self-compassion (which leads to compassion for others)
i) raising one's level of Awareness and vibrational level, using spiritual disciplines (meditation, prayer, etc.)
j) finding out Who You Really Are (an etheric being) and therefore "what's it all about"
k) there is no universal, one-size-fits-all answer: you have an "individually-tailored" soul plan
l) any and all of the above

Next question.

;)

Sounds good, and I agree with the above, but I still feel we are missing something...

As to why we can't know for sure, perhaps if we had irrefutable knowledge of our spiritual nature the experience itself would be changed. I certainly would like a to know how my "individually tailored soul plan" is supposed to unfold! Maybe that should be my next question Ian.... :)

Back