The Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Series thread

Saiko

five-star-trek-captains-unite.jpg

Expanse is pretty good if you want something not quite dystopian....more like if interplanetary politics of the solar system was done in such as way as to reflect scarcity of resources, succession, speciation through labor, that sorta thing.

Expanse .
Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck and yuck!!! :)

To me it's a stellar (heh) example of the recent lack of imagination in sci-fi. Hundreds of years in the future and people still dress, act and relate as they do currently? I find it an uninspired and uninspiring series. FD - I only watched the first episode.

Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck and yuck!!! :)

To me it's a stellar (heh) example of the recent lack of imagination in sci-fi. Hundreds of years in the future and people still dress, act and relate as they do currently? I find it an uninspired and uninspiring series. FD - I only watched the first episode.

Well it continues in the same vein, so if you didn't like the first episode not sure you'll like the rest. That said, you *might* want to keep checking back every season because if it's like the books there will be some interesting developments.

Just finished 'Jessica Jones' on Netflix. Good fun.
Look. Do you see that other people are posting images of, or related to, the show? Yes you do. Don't lie. I know you see that. Well how about this time you just get with the program. I know you have it in you. You can do it. Yeah I know it's lots of effort and all that but it'll make us so very happy.

:) Don't make me have to use that magic p word

Last edited:
Look. Do you see that other people are posting images of, or related to, the show? Yes you do. Don't lie. I know you see that. Well how about this time you just get with the program. I know you have it in you. You can do it. Yeah I know it's lots of effort and all that but it'll make us so very happy.

:) Don't make me have to use that magic p word
Heh. I'm camping and on my clapped out iPhone4. Gimme a break. ;)

Btw, I think I read that jessica jones has same head writer as Dexter

Btw, I think I read that jessica jones has same head writer as Dexter

Season 1 Dexter or Season 7 Dexter? ;-)

Also Daredevil was great.

Oh. Your camping ar you? And what? People are supposed to accept your image-less, circa 2005 type postings because "oooh I'm camping" or because you got sucked in the void? Well we don't. Huh? What's that you say? No one other than me cares? Oh, okay, it's like that huh? Fine.
face-devil-grin.gif

Oh. Your camping ar you? And what? People are supposed to accept your image-less, circa 2005 type postings because "oooh I'm camping" or because you got sucked in the void? Well we don't. Huh? What's that you say? No one other than me cares? Oh, okay, it's like that huh? Fine.
face-devil-grin.gif

Saiko, have you been captured by aliens and are trying to get help by sending messages in some kind of code?

Based on Philip K Dick's 1963 Hugo Award for Best Book winner. 10 part first season is available on Amazon Prime.

Based on a novel by Phillip Dick where the Axis powers won World War II after dropping an atomic bomb on Washington D.C. Julianna (Alexa Davalos) leaves San Francisco for Colorado to search for her sister's killer, while new resistance recruit Joe (Luke Kleintank) is in New York ready to be assigned to his first mission to Colorado.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-man-in-the-high-castle

maninhighcastleheader.jpg

Talking about "multiple soul/spirits"! From the Wachowski siblings, Sense8. 12 part season 1 is available on netflix.

Summary:The sci-fi series from J. Michael Straczynski and the Wachowskis is about eight strangers (Freema Agyeman, Aml Ameen, Naveen Andrews, Doona Bae, Jamie Clayton, Tena Desae, Max Riemelt, and Brian J. Smith) who after a death discover they are emotionally and mentally connected to each other and must work together to save humanity and themselves from an organization hunting them.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/sense8

31b81c369c9964c6f4dc0b4a2199c2df.jpg

Really enjoying watching Childhood’s End – a new three part TV series version of the great Arthur C Clarke classic on this link.
http://imtv.cc/
(Insert) For some reason this link won't work live so just copy and paste it in)
It's totally free.
Maybe you in the US have already seen it - or missed it?
You have to sign up but I’ve been using this site for a year or so with no problems and no credit card details have to be divulged.
I’ve always watched free but I noticed now some episodes are marked free and some not. But for some reason I can watch all of them.
Let me know how you get on
There's a trailer to the TV series on YouTube but when I post the link here it doesn't work.
(Can anyone tell me BTW how to get links to work on this site? Somebody suggested taking the s off https but it still doesn't do it for me)
This story has a strong connection with Alex's recent interview about the New World Order!

Expanse is pretty good if you want something not quite dystopian....more like if interplanetary politics of the solar system was done in such as way as to reflect scarcity of resources, succession, speciation through labor, that sorta thing.

It's really good. The scope of the story get pretty large in the books too...

Back