The Ten EnDamnedments of Materialistic Nihilism

As an ignostic atheist, you will find me typically objecting to Bible-thumper-speak and imperious doctrines/definitions of God being thrust upon me as truth. But there is another imperious set of doctrine to which I also object - one fitting this same model (see The Essential Mind of the Religious Pitch). Think on this for a while, then give me some thoughts on it; help me discipline and modify it, if you are of a will to do so. Thanks.

It is not that which you believe, rather what you forbid belief, which defines you. - The Ethical Skeptic

How Materialistic Nihilism Functions as the New Abrahamism - Now Ruling Our Universities, Skeptical Philosophy and Much of Science

Abused children are always hidden away and taught that they are worthless and stupid; that no one either exists and/or cares enough about them to desire their presence. Their captor loves them with a love which they could not possibly comprehend, but is Justly provoked by a past sin; and therefore now must by the integrity of this love, administer an awesome and righteous Justice. ("It puts the lotion on its skin!") They are held in a prison, bullied and brainwashed into believing that they are isolated, receiving the Just ramification they deserve for being or doing something wrong to offend their captor/abuser. Religions used this approach effectively in the past to control thought. Secular Nihilism is crafted around the same approach they observed being effectively employed by abusive religions, because Materialist Nihilism is also an abusive religion itself.
In nihilism, you bear the original sin of being worthless and powerless.

The Ten EnDamnedments

We can no longer control them by means of hell worship, cult social pressure and guilt. Therefore a new Charter is mandated as follows:

Human,
1. Your sentience and human intelligence have been proved to be exclusively an artifact of biological variation - iteratively mutated, survival culled, conserved along with a long history of precursor versions; replicated and expressed, all inside 43 randomly targeted, fantastically fortuitous, hyper-accelerated and first-trial-success blocks of your genome - comprising a mere 1 megabyte of actual novel allele data. This renders you nothing more than an extreme, single occurrence, fluke of nature.
2. You are isolated in an unoccupied far corner of all there is. Any faith holding a contrary idea will be mocked. Any discordant eyewitness observation or research you maintain, will be regarded as criminal pseudoscience. Your life as a solely deterministic flesh-bot is the result of single instance, accidental material chemistry and closed set energy. Therefore, you are alone.
3. Your lawless nature, the so called 'free will' and 'self', are proved to stem only from an illusion of neuro-synapse function. Your pathology inside this illusion renders you a wholly ignorant and pestilential presence on Our planet; unworthy to determine any 'endowed, inalienable or certain', health, diet, education, spirituality, domain, property rights or other supposed matters in defense of 'self.'
4. Quantum Science predicts correctly that 'you' are happenstance through an infinity of possibilities; yet has also proved that upon this basis of ultimate plenitude, 'you' could not possibly have existed before, nor can you sustain in any form, nor can you ever naturally happen again.
5. We have demonstrated that We can re-observe you or anyone through Artificial Intelligence. There is therefore no need of an Other or competing Observer frame of reference, of any kind, which could relate to your presence nor bring 'you' to coherence. We are your only Observer and We can re-create you, or choose not to, at our whim.
6. As a pestilential weed therefore, you bear nothing special about you which would warrant an accommodation of life, liberty nor any pursuit of happiness. Your disarming and emasculation of power, freedom and unauthorized property is therefore now, a higher cause of social justice.
7. Only science is qualified to determine rights, beliefs, responsibilities, legislation and morals. A supreme rule through the fascism of science/governance is manifestly justified therefore, as your only ultimate option towards fealty. Any unauthorized ideas will be met with severe social, and eventually legal, punishment.
8. We are the science. You are not. It is our just right therefore, to hold you accountable by means of any deadly force, in order to ensure the greater and just good.
9. You exist and function at Our behest. There are no extant Other realms or intelligences which could hold Our Neo-Fascism morally or ethically accountable. Nothing exists through which you could understand differently, develop self, tender appeal; nor through which any other individual rights or societal morals could be derived.
10. Since all humanity now depends upon Our supreme rule for their justice-enabled existence, Our ruling entity must therefore be protected at all costs; including inevitably, the mutually assured destruction nuclear option. Therefore, you precious human, are collectively hostage in the game of ensuring that Our power (in all forms seen and unseen) is never toppled. We are more than willing to extinguish you, along with all this planet's higher life forms, in order to defend and keep Our rule intact.

Last edited:
I agree. It's amazing almost every time I try to read a neuroscience/cognitive psychology article, the author starts to spam about how free will consciousness dont exist, the mind is what the brain does, the mind is a computer. I'm all against organized religion, I believe evolution is right, and do agree that most of mental experiences are produced in a computer manner by the brain. But to just throw away consciousness and free will like they are annoying background noise tainting their "experimental results"... Materialism is the new church, they refuse to interpret the data in a different manner, and bend everything to support the consciousness is illusion/epiphenomenon at best position while ignoring all evidence against it.

This guy describes the situation perfectly
. Unfortunately he's a diamond in the rough.

The hidden hand in modern scientific enquiry is the economic pragmatism of running with the herd. Many a tenured academic has realized in a quiet moment of self reflection that they're not smart enough to change the world, but certainly smart enough to hang onto the corner office and make sure the mortgage is paid.

To be the anvil for a new paradigm takes a level of social and intellectual fortitude most people lack.

The Computational Theory of Mind: - the human mind/consciousness/identity/will/awareness and finally hard problem are all analogous to a computer

i. - operations on representations​
ii. - coding states​
iii. - transformations of these states​
and as a technicality, he accidentally left one computation operation condition out - idempotency​
iv. - operations which do not transform coding states or (not 'and' nor 'and/or') representations​
Problem: this cannot give rise to consciousness

1. Reductive Functionalism - consciousness is congruent with a sufficiently complex reductive (set of i, ii, iii and iv above) function (monism) - pretty much rejected now.​
2. Non-Reductive Functionalism - a layered process set of observations, gives the impression of consciousness inside a recursive, open, self-observing set of non-deterministic operations. (Turing Sufficiency and Recursive Turing Sufficiency) - see below:​

Turing Sufficiency (Construct 1)

/Philosophy : Cognizance : Set Theory : Apparent Coherency : Epistemology of Cognizance/ : there exists an abstract universal computer whose repertoire includes a sufficient set of computations comprised by individual M and detectable by peer or lower level external observers of individual M, such that the abstract universal computer function description is indistinguishable from what peer or lower level external observers consensus agree constitutes the set of computations sufficient to be individual M, for all sets of feasible definition.

In other words, to simulate you – I do not have to emulate the full set of your past and potential cognitive, motor and Limbic processes to perfection. I only have to simulate enough of that set to pass the sniff test of those persons who are identified to agree that the simulation is indeed you.

Put another way (Miracle 1 – Apparent Turing Sufficiency):​
If a consensus of experts on you agree that a Universal Turing Machine is you, then it is you.

Grant me this magic and I can pull off some pretty fantastic mandatory cosmologies. A luxury which begs the introduction of a second Apparent Coherency, this one also established by the techniques of Hypoepistemology; that of when a Universal Turing Machine achieves self awareness.

Recursive Turing Sufficiency (Construct 2)

/Philosophy : Cognizance : Computation: Apparent Coherency : Self Awareness/ : given the set of recursive and non-recursive functions M describing a universal computer whose repertoire includes a Turing Sufficient set of computations to describe M, there exists a set of recursive functions, both extant and possible (M + 1,2,3…n) which describe the repertoire of functions M completely, along with the existing set of M + 1,2,3…n, functions. Such a M+n machine is Universal Turing Aware.

Put another way (Miracle 2 – Apparent Recursive Sufficiency):​
If a consensus of experts agree that a Universal Turing Machine can comprehend any future manifestation of its self, then it is self aware.
What I have in essence done, with Recursive Turing Sufficiency - is to say: 'I have a magic rug, under which I have swept all my magical assumptions. Now I recognize that this is a magical rug - and agree that I may have violated my own standard of skepticism. So now, I create ANOTHER magical rug, under which I place the previous magical rug.'

Now I have two magical rugs. One to hide the magical rug which I used to hide my original miracle. This model only works for the 'easy problems' but does not address actually what is going on within the hard problem.

The problem arises in that we may choose to appeal to resignation: 'We don't know if our M+n Turing Machine simulation of you, is actually you. But since it is done to such an expert level, that no one can tell the difference (and we cannot confirm nor dis-confirm it), then - what the hell - it IS you. Job done.' From that day forward pluralistic ignorance and the Lindy Effect combine into what is called a Verdrängung Mechanism - an idea which is a lie, but can never be challenged again by anyone who wishes to be seriously accepted.

At that point, all which remains to be done is to craft a Supreme Being (or Duodecimal Council) from this same pattern of pseudoscience.

Good video - (for further reading, see Nihilism's Turing & Twisting Denial of Free Will)

Last edited:
As an ignostic atheist, you will find me typically objecting to Bible-thumper-speak and imperious doctrines/definitions of God being thrust upon me as truth. But there is another imperious set of doctrine to which I also object - one fitting this same model (see The Essential Mind of the Religious Pitch). Think on this for a while, then give me some thoughts on it; help me discipline and modify it, if you are of a will to do so. Thanks.

It is not that which you believe, rather what you forbid belief, which defines you. - The Ethical Skeptic

How Materialistic Nihilism Functions as the New Abrahamism - Now Ruling Our Universities, Skeptical Philosophy and Much of Science

Abused children are always hidden away and taught that they are worthless and stupid; that no one either exists and/or cares enough about them to desire their presence. Their captor loves them with a love which they could not possibly comprehend, but is Justly provoked by a past sin; and therefore now must by the integrity of this love, administer an awesome and righteous Justice. ("It puts the lotion on its skin!") They are held in a prison, bullied and brainwashed into believing that they are isolated, receiving the Just ramification they deserve for being or doing something wrong to offend their captor/abuser. Religions used this approach effectively in the past to control thought. Secular Nihilism is crafted around the same approach they observed being effectively employed by abusive religions, because Materialist Nihilism is also an abusive religion itself.
In nihilism, you bear the original sin of being worthless and powerless.

The Ten EnDamnedments

We can no longer control them by means of hell worship, cult social pressure and guilt. Therefore a new Charter is mandated as follows:

Human,
1. Your sentience and human intelligence have been proved to be exclusively an artifact of biological variation - iteratively mutated, survival culled, conserved along with a long history of precursor versions; replicated and expressed, all inside 43 randomly targeted, fantastically fortuitous, hyper-accelerated and first-trial-success blocks of your genome - comprising a mere 1 megabyte of actual novel allele data. This renders you nothing more than an extreme, single occurrence, fluke of nature.
2. You are isolated in an unoccupied far corner of all there is. Any faith holding a contrary idea will be mocked. Any discordant eyewitness observation or research you maintain, will be regarded as criminal pseudoscience. Your life as a solely deterministic flesh-bot is the result of single instance, accidental material chemistry and closed set energy. Therefore, you are alone.
3. Your lawless nature, the so called 'free will' and 'self', are proved to stem only from an illusion of neuro-synapse function. Your pathology inside this illusion renders you a wholly ignorant and pestilential presence on Our planet; unworthy to determine any 'endowed, inalienable or certain', health, diet, education, spirituality, domain, property rights or other supposed matters in defense of 'self.'
4. Quantum Science predicts correctly that 'you' are happenstance through an infinity of possibilities; yet has also proved that upon this basis of ultimate plenitude, 'you' could not possibly have existed before, nor can you sustain in any form, nor can you ever naturally happen again.
5. We have demonstrated that We can re-observe you or anyone through Artificial Intelligence. There is therefore no need of an Other or competing Observer frame of reference, of any kind, which could relate to your presence nor bring 'you' to coherence. We are your only Observer and We can re-create you, or choose not to, at our whim.
6. As a pestilential weed therefore, you bear nothing special about you which would warrant an accommodation of life, liberty nor any pursuit of happiness. Your disarming and emasculation of power, freedom and unauthorized property is therefore now, a higher cause of social justice.
7. Only science is qualified to determine rights, beliefs, responsibilities, legislation and morals. A supreme rule through the fascism of science/governance is manifestly justified therefore, as your only ultimate option towards fealty. Any unauthorized ideas will be met with severe social, and eventually legal, punishment.
8. We are the science. You are not. It is our just right therefore, to hold you accountable by means of any deadly force, in order to ensure the greater and just good.
9. You exist and function at Our behest. There are no extant Other realms or intelligences which could hold Our Neo-Fascism morally or ethically accountable. Nothing exists through which you could understand differently, develop self, tender appeal; nor through which any other individual rights or societal morals could be derived.
10. Since all humanity now depends upon Our supreme rule for their justice-enabled existence, Our ruling entity must therefore be protected at all costs; including inevitably, the mutually assured destruction nuclear option. Therefore, you precious human, are collectively hostage in the game of ensuring that Our power (in all forms seen and unseen) is never toppled. We are more than willing to extinguish you, along with all this planet's higher life forms, in order to defend and keep Our rule intact.
That's a pretty good and complete list, IMO.

Those who seek power and control over others have a limited, but effective repertoire. It's always the same methods.

A better school system would teach the red flags that someone or some group is applying the techniques to you. However, the schools function as a partner in the power play. So that will never happen.

Those who seek power and control over others have a limited, but effective repertoire. It's always the same methods.

A better school system would teach the red flags that someone or some group is applying the techniques to you. However, the schools function as a partner in the power play. So that will never happen.
It is always the same set of methodologies. That school system is a key focus of my blog The Ethical Skeptic. In fact, it is hit frequently by high school teachers and students, which I find extremely encouraging. Get them before they are brainwashed into fake skepticism ('doubt' and 'facts' and 'simplest explanations' ...duh-huh) by social agenda motivated college and grad school profs. Teach them to think about the question first and not simply the epistemology/defense of its correct answer.

I was a nuke weaps officer in my younger days. I held the warhead vault, launch access and was the Sealed Authenticator Systems (SAS-The Nuke Codes) officer. So, the thought came to mind frequently 'Are we really going to blow up entire cities of people, because we don't want more than 35% of income to be billed through the collective portion of my paycheck? Hmmm... Or is there another reason why such dramatic punishment mechanisms would be assembled for such small errors/disagreements?'

This manipulative and dark paradigm of the 'punishment far exceeding the crime (hell and sin)' sounded rather familiar to me. Sort of like the religion I had been taught as a child. Then the thought arose 'what if the actual purpose of these weapons was to REPLACE religion in that macroscopic capacity?' What if the purpose of religion was not to keep individuals from being 'bad' per se. What if the purpose of religion was to enforce a broad social power structure, protecting a hidden agency? Crazy, I know...

In that context, nuclear weapons would be the same rod of power, as was religion. It is not an arsenal assembled to stop one country from attacking another over classifying monetary payments as tax versus income. Those events are trivial in the grand scheme of things. Rather it is a Jim Jones Kool-Aid option, were a certain group's power to be threatened from the outside. Again, the historical essence of religion and a common theme. Their reality has nothing to do with any one nation. It is simply that, national defense is the only excuse inside of which an average human will understand/accept in resignation, a gun being held beside their head.

And despite the ironic tolerance which theists have for nuclear weapons as a facet of God's expressed love for his church, I have always connected nihilism and nuclear weapons as being two ends of an analogue of that same process. Both fundamental theism and nihilism - exist as curious ironic allies inside the same mechanism. A double-headed serpent of power - wherein a personified God is only a matter of symbolic trivia.