To answer a question ...

Your plan for life was improvising? Improvising what exactly? Thanks

Is that the epiphany you were referring to earlier? Described in the subheader at the top of my blog?:

I was deep in meditation. I asked, "Is there a plan for my life? What is the plan!?" I heard a voice say "It's in the key of B", and I saw the symbol for a flat in musical notation. The plan for my life is in the key of B flat! I understood this immediately. I have a record of Pete Fountain playing the clarinet. It's a clarinet tuned to the key of B flat. I like to improvise on my guitar along with the record. The plan for my life is: "We're improvising!".

Some people seem to have a life plan or karma. For example, before they are born they decided to be a doctor so they could cure sick people, or they planned to have their father from a previous life as their son in this life so they could resolve karma that might have been incurred in the previous life. For me it seemed that at a certain point in the middle of my life when most people are tied down by family and career responsibilities, I was faced with not having any particular direction or any responsibilities and I could do what ever I wanted within my financial means. It seemed to me that it was either pointless or that was the point: what would I do in that situation? If you have a life plan, your spirit guides can help you. But in my situation how could they? I couldn't wait around for a sign about what I was supposed to do, they couldn't work out how to help me until I made a decision and took the first step.

Last edited:
I am in a similar situation as you. As I have no real responsibilities, but am trying to figure out my life plan and or passion. I have read if you can't find it create it. My meditation practices are inconsistent.

I will change that and get more consistent and ask myself what my purpose is, Why am I here and let the guides or universe tell me

Personally I find that doesn't always work the way you thought. But keeping at it something will probably reveal itself.

It's no easy path, but I find joy in the rare discoveries.
What is the point of having a plan that cannot be remembered?

Reactions: tim
I think a good analogy is that the plan is like a syllabus. You don't have to know the syllabus ahead of time to learn from the class, and the syllabus leaves it to the student to decide how hard he works and how much he learns.
Hm. That makes more sense. A syllabus is more of an objective than a plan to my kind.

Hm. That makes more sense. A syllabus is more of an objective than a plan to my kind.

Sure, but that's a different kind of animal. Maybe we are talking apples and oranges.

One sort of plan might be - what you might aim to achieve by the end.

Another type of plan might be something a bit like (I don't like these words, they have baggage) fate or destiny, in that certain events are laid out ahead of time.

This latter gets complex for (at least) two reasons - one is how does it interact with free will. Another is what happens if something whether of our own or some external making, changes circumstances so that the original plan is no longer even relevant? In this latter situation I see (at least) two possibilities. One is that there may be envisaged a fork in the road where multiple paths are possible - but only one can be taken Then there could be a sub-plan for each branch. However I also tend to feel that we are dealing with something much more dynamic, it isn't like a blueprint on paper which is unchanging, it is more fluid and can rearrange and grow new offshoots which were not even present on the original at all.

This is a lot of speculation, but it does relate to how I've tried to understand my own life. I can't vouch for how it appears to others.

Sure, but that's a different kind of animal. Maybe we are talking apples and oranges.

One sort of plan might be - what you might aim to achieve by the end.

Another type of plan might be something a bit like (I don't like these words, they have baggage) fate or destiny, in that certain events are laid out ahead of time.

This latter gets complex for (at least) two reasons - one is how does it interact with free will. Another is what happens if something whether of our own or some external making, changes circumstances so that the original plan is no longer even relevant? In this latter situation I see (at least) two possibilities. One is that there may be envisaged a fork in the road where multiple paths are possible - but only one can be taken Then there could be a sub-plan for each branch. However I also tend to feel that we are dealing with something much more dynamic, it isn't like a blueprint on paper which is unchanging, it is more fluid and can rearrange and grow new offshoots which were not even present on the original at all.

This is a lot of speculation, but it does relate to how I've tried to understand my own life. I can't vouch for how it appears to others.

That's true. Plan can also mean 'intention' as opposed to the method by which the intention is achieved.

If we assume there is some purpose to our existence, that implies their is some reason for being here. Which I guess implies a plan in a loose sense.

I am not sure I'd accept that the reason for our being here isn't exactly the same for most of us other than perhaps for one or two with some 'special mission'. I'm not persuaded by those who hold that we all have individual objectives to achieve (which we can't remember) or that we keep making return visits until we get it right or with different objectives each time.

or that we keep making return visits until we get it right or with different objectives each time.

Or maybe just the same objective :)

On a different note I was recently listening to one of Eben Alexander's interviews. He was acknowledging his professional status (Harvard etc) not "bragging" just telling it as it is and he added that although that meant "something" here it didn't mean "squat" there ! I thought that was interesting and it tallies with many other reports (as many on here will already know)

Last edited:
Or maybe just the same objective :)

On a different note I was recently listening to one of Eben Alexander's interviews. He was acknowledging his professional status (Harvard etc) not "bragging" just telling it as it is and he added that although that meant "something" here it didn't mean "squat" there ! I thought that was interesting and it tallies with many other reports (as many on here will already know)
I'd say it tallies with all the purported ADC communications I've read about. I can't remember which King but I recall reading about a sitting with Leslie Flint where a communicator said words to the effect of "I used to be King X, but titles do not matter here".

I'd say it tallies with all the purported ADC communications I've read about. I can't remember which King but I recall reading about a sitting with Leslie Flint where a communicator said words to the effect of "I used to be King X, but titles do not matter here".

Interesting, Obiwan ! I find that re-assuring. Clearly a different 'coin' of value, not our 'blood line' or 'professional status ' There's nothing inherently bad or wrong with either of course, they are inevitable accidents and results of the way our world is organised.

Last edited:
Sometimes (and I've said this before) I think of the world as a stage where we are all actors playing our parts. (sure I've heard that before somewhere...) In that respect, whether one plays the role of a king or a peasant does not matter - the actor still has their own identity which is not that of the role being played.

Myself personally I sometimes take this life rather too seriously, and when I remember to laugh about the absurd situations I sometimes find myself in, it helps. I try to keep the two perspectives in balance, viewing the scene through the eyes of the character role, and viewing it through the eyes of the actor who plays that role.

Sometimes (and I've said this before) I think of the world as a stage where we are all actors playing our parts.
I think It's a good way to look at it, Typoz. The only thing that bothers me about that is....are the 'actors' 'playing' the villain forced to do so... because of the script and the director, or are they really just malignant 'souls' out to make our lives a misery.

Myself personally I sometimes take this life rather too seriously,

When I was little, I didn't take it seriously, it was my brother who made me. It is an act, our bodies are costumes, that I'm personally certain about but it's also an extremely painful act which sort of stretches the metaphor too far.

Good question Tim. I think we have to allow for free will in there, so that the 'villain' has some degree of freedom in choosing how to fulfil his or her role. We are all to a greater or lesser extent restricted by the circumstances in which we find ourselves, of course.

I am in a similar situation as you. As I have no real responsibilities, but am trying to figure out my life plan and or passion. I have read if you can't find it create it. My meditation practices are inconsistent.

I will change that and get more consistent and ask myself what my purpose is, Why am I here and let the guides or universe tell me

If I were back at this early stage of life (pre-college), I would make it my goal to try as many different things and work as many different jobs as possible (and pretend the opposite sex did not exist). In between semesters I blew my summers away bored to tears lifeguarding and I wish I had worked with a general contractor or a fab shop or waited at a restaurant, or sold cars etc... if I could do it again I would get a new job every 6 months or so and in a different part of the country. I'd live in a tiny mobile trailer and save everything. And after wandering around trying everything at least once and learning as much as I could for however long seemed right, I might have skipped college altogether and just started my own business. Hindsight is 20/20... ;)

If I were back at this early stage of life (pre-college), I would make it my goal to try as many different things and work as many different jobs as possible (and pretend the opposite sex did not exist). In between semesters I blew my summers away bored to tears lifeguarding and I wish I had worked with a general contractor or a fab shop or waited at a restaurant, or sold cars etc... if I could do it again I would get a new job every 6 months or so and in a different part of the country. I'd live in a tiny mobile trailer and save everything. And after wandering around trying everything at least once and learning as much as I could for however long seemed right, I might have skipped college altogether and just started my own business. Hindsight is 20/20... ;)

I'm not that far off sixty, Hurm and I have similar thoughts, could have done this, should have done that. Maybe the answer is for you that 'it's never too late' but I wouldn't worry, whatever you do, very few of us ever feel like we've done it just right.

Remind me of the movie I watch yesterday Mr Nobody with Jared leto

I have never read of an NDEr who had a life review say how wonderful it was to have an academic, athletic, business, or career success. They usually say it was wonderful how they had helped someone or brought happiness or into someone's life. So all the things most people think are most important, the things they obsess over, the things they measure success or failure by, are actually irrelevant. The things we too often ignore, those people around us, friends, loved ones, acquaintances, and strangers, who we influence every day, that is what is really important.

Last edited:
Back