Trump Consciousness

Rep Devin Nunes thinks Attorney General Bill Barr will do something about the illegal targeting of Trump by the FBI. But Nunes says the conspiracy also involves elected Democrats and he says the media also played role in the 3 year and counting witch hunt, they are part of the Democrat team spreading falsehoods. Think about what that means. There is a vast media industry deliberately misinforming the public and collaborating with the Democrat party in spreading bogus accusations about Russia and Ukraine. Nunes is suing several media companies and it sounds like he thinks that to prevent this from happening again, the criminal investigations are necessary, but also media companies have to be held liable by the courts for defamation (deliberately spreading lies) against public officials.

You can genuinely think of no reasons why he’s a polarising character? And yet he we are.

My honest answer to that, is that I think the Left, woke movement can't bear someone who argues against them, and won't back down whatever names they call him. However, politics is supposed to be about debating differing viewpoints, not name calling.

Let's get back to real politics, where if someone dislikes Trump, they actually have to argue the pros and cons of what he is doing, and what he still wants to achieve!

David

Last edited:
My honest answer to that, is that I think the Left, woke movement can't bear someone who argues against them, and won't back down whatever names they call him. However, politics is supposed to be about debating differing viewpoints, not name calling.

Let's get back to real politics, where if someone dislikes Trump, they actually have to argue the pros and cons of what he is doing, and what he still wants to achieve!

David

He’s ridiculed the world over. Remember that group of mocking dignitaries that included the ‘woke’ Boris Johnson and Princess Anne? That was an interesting window into how he is viewed on the world stage.

Moreover, he doesn’t play by the rules of political discourse you appear to lament. The slightest critique of him or his policies reveals a petulant ranting baby.

Witness the treatment of Sondland and Vindman. Watch now how Mitt Romney is treated, and extrapolate how Trump secured the senate vote.

Last edited:

Rep Devin Nunes thinks Attorney General Bill Barr will do something about the illegal targeting of Trump by the FBI. But Nunes says the conspiracy also involves elected Democrats and he says the media also played role in the 3 year and counting witch hunt, they are part of the Democrat team spreading falsehoods. Think about what that means. There is a vast media industry deliberately misinforming the public and collaborating with the Democrat party in spreading bogus accusations about Russia and Ukraine. Nunes is suing several media companies and it sounds like he thinks that to prevent this from happening again, the criminal investigations are necessary, but also media companies have to be held liable by the courts for defamation (deliberately spreading lies) against public officials.
I just with Maria Bartiroma hadn't undergone lip filling!

David

Well I have been in a few peace demonstrations in my time, and nobody could be certain how many people turned up - different estimates appeared in the press afterwards.

You could have googled this before you dismissed this out of hand, information about this is not hard to find:
Crowd counting experts cited by The New York Times estimated that about 160,000 people were in the National Mall areas in the hour leading up to Trump's speech.[139] Crowd science professor Keith Still estimated the total attendance at 300,000 to 600,000 people, or one-third the estimated 1.1 million to 1.8 million people that attended Obama's 2009 inauguration[2][140][141] – which set a record for the total number of people in the National Mall at any one given time,[142] and which marked the inauguration of the nation's first African American president.[143][144] CNN provided a gigapixel panorama of the area.[145]

1581364238768.png

This one is a real whopper, it has all the hallmarks of a typical Trump lie:
It was clear as day it was a lie, he could have easily gotten out of it by claiming an honest mistake, an apologizing.
But i guess that is not in his character. Instead he doubled down and had his staff lying for him.
Remember, this was the birth of the phrase "alternative facts".
Apparently he even had the pictures altered to show less empty space.

Symbolically, he started the first day of his presidency with a lie, and he never stopped, the count is now at 15000, you want to discuss them all?

Is that it - that is why you hate your president?
No David, i don't hate Trump, i do hate the fact that he is president of the most powerful country of the world (not president of Belgium though, we don't even have a real government right now).

I do think he is incompetent, probably intellectually challenged, morally deficient in many ways, a compulsive liar, a draft dodging coward.
He is not fit for the job, don't take my word for it:

But that guy is probably a bleeding hart liberal, you, know some kind of woke lefty.

If you would pop your head out of the right-wing conspirosphere for once, and did some thinking for yourself, you would easily see why he, and his politics, are universally disliked.

Last edited:
Bart V Post #1249... the photo you posted has been debunked... but still, Trump exaggerated the crowd size. Even when his rally's attracted an impressive 25,000 he exaggerates. So what Trump exaggerated the crowd size - he constantly exaggerates.

Those are words. Look at the accomplishments (actions)

And then look at the results of TDS (actions) -

https://www.mikehuckabee.com/evening-edition-february-10?s=37IH

When all you got left is rage... this is what it looks like.

I have stayed out of this thread intentionally. I see Trump just as any other politician.

I just wanted to jump in and say that I am very sorry to see Steve leaving the forum. He has a kind heart and he will be missed.

I once supported Trump but my mind was changed my mind based on a complete 180 degree flip on the promises leading into the election he made regarding foreign policy. Saudi Arabia is the prime example of lies.

You can spin this anyway you want but the fact of the matter is the imperialist agendas of the U.S has not changed at all under Trump. This is what I care about. He failed or lied. Take your choice.

Steve was the only other person to recognize the deep influence of Israel in America, of which Trump is a asset. It has nothing to do with antisemitism and everything to do criminal foreign interests.

Carry on.

Witness the treatment of Sondland and Vindman. Watch now how Mitt Romney is treated, and extrapolate how Trump secured the senate vote.

Vindman? You gotta be kiddin. Vindman is lucky he wasn't court martialed for what he did. Instead, he and his fat assed, beak nosed twin brother were reassigned, filling a billet somewhere other than the NSC. Vindman was insubordinate and dishonorable. If he didn't like Trump's foreign policy, then he should have asked for a transfer. You don't sit there listening in on a commanding officer's classified conversations until you find something to leak. Outrageous! And that is the consensus among military veterans. Sorry Malf, but this is just another example of you either not understanding how the world works or being too caught up with Trump hatred to frame his activities within real world parameters.

Stupid civilian press says Vindman was "fired". Well he's an Army officer. He can't be "fired". He was simply reassigned to a new duty station. That's life in the military. Always moving around. So I don't see where Vindman or his lousy brother suffered any consequences at all.

Ditto Sondland. Why would Trump keep on a ambassador that he can't trust?

Everyone has known that Romney is a self serving rat for a long time. He's a politician. He has stabbed others in the back. Screw him. You think he can't take the heat? Again, ludicrous and childish to use these people as examples of anything allegedly negative about Trump..

Last edited:
The hatred of Trump is something else - impossible to understand - and nobody seems to be able to give a coherent reason as to why they feel that way!
David
Do you actually read this thread David?
Because, if you really want to understand, there are enough clues in it.
#11, #32, #50,#439, #487, #661, #726, #729, #906, #913, #919, #1,115, #1,196, #1,202, #1,386
You do not have to agree with what is said, but please stop pretending you do not know why people dislike Trump and his politics.

BTW still waiting for an answer to post #919

Do you actually read this thread David?
Because, if you really want to understand, there are enough clues in it.
#11, #32, #50,#439, #487, #661, #726, #729, #906, #913, #919, #1,115, #1,196, #1,202, #1,386
You do not have to agree with what is said, but please stop pretending you do not know why people dislike Trump and his politics.

BTW still waiting for an answer to post #919
Bart, of course I do not read everything in this thread - how could I - nor do I answer everything. I rely on people using the report button if necessary. I don't pretend here, or anywhere else on this forum.

The point as I see it is that Trump hatred seemed to break out back in 2016 at about the time it became clear he was a serious contender to be president. Before that he appeared on various TV shows, and as far as I know nobody was upset about him.

Now he is president, I'd like to read some discussion of Trumpian policies - rather than simply name calling. I have never known a time in politics - here or in the US - when political debate descended into mere name calling on the part of one side.

Isn't anyone here interested in debating Trump's economic results. If it isn't really a success, can anyone explain why?

Isn't anyone interested in debating his approach to potential conflict around the World?

Isn't anyone prepared to discuss Trump's immigration policy - particularly in relation to that adopted by Obama - which certainly wasn't a free for all.

Isn't anyone willing to debate his policy regarding 'sanctuary cities'. Are these sanctuaries a good idea or not.

David

Bart, of course I do not read everything in this thread - how could I - nor do I answer everything. I rely on people using the report button if necessary. I don't pretend here, or anywhere else on this forum.
You do not have to read every post here, the selected post are there to help you understand why people dislike Trump, and his politics.
You can not say things like this:
The hatred of Trump is something else - impossible to understand - and nobody seems to be able to give a coherent reason as to why they feel that way!
And then completely ignore a collection of posts that explain exactly what you asked.
It is disingenuous to participate in this thread so often, and pretend you do not know why people object to Trump and his politics.

You do not have to agree with an argument to acknowledge it exists.
Otherwise, the problem is not that you do not understand why people oppose Trump, it is more that you do not understand why people do not agree with you.

I really hope you understand that difference.

The point as I see it is that Trump hatred seemed to break out back in 2016 at about the time it became clear he was a serious contender to be president. Before that he appeared on various TV shows, and as far as I know nobody was upset about him.

No, of course not.
As a fake CEO, sitting in a fake board room, he could not do no much harm to the rest of the world.
Nobody really cared, except maybe the people he scammed with Trump university, the contractors he stiffed, the people who lost money in his bankruptcies, the minorities he discriminated against, the wives he divorced, or cheated on, ...

But now he is blurring the separation of branches of government, openly opposing a free press, setting back environmental regulations back decades, actively working towards a dictatorship, and so much more.

Now he is president, I'd like to read some discussion of Trumpian policies - rather than simply name calling. I have never known a time in politics - here or in the US - when political debate descended into mere name calling on the part of one side.
Irony is completely lost on you David.
Also, if it is true, it is not name calling.

Isn't anyone here interested in debating Trump's economic results. If it isn't really a success, can anyone explain why?
You mean the excellent economy he inherited from Obama, who pulled it from a deep crisis into a succes?
You mean the money he lost for all the farmers with his trade wars? The deregulating protection on subprime mortgages and derivatives, so he is setting the world up for a repeat of 2008?
Are you talking about his reverse Robin Hood policies where he steals from the poor to give to the rich.

Isn't anyone interested in debating his approach to potential conflict around the World?
His tendency to throw anybody out who doesn't agree with him, his mistrust in intelligence services, combined with his trust in dictators an religious nut cases worries me greatly.

Isn't anyone prepared to discuss Trump's immigration policy - particularly in relation to that adopted by Obama - which certainly wasn't a free for all.

Isn't anyone willing to debate his policy regarding 'sanctuary cities'. Are these sanctuaries a good idea or not.

David

Discuss all you want David, but please try to inform yourself outside the right wing conspirosphere before you do.

Back