Upcoming Interview: Claire Broad, What the Dead are Dying to Teach Us

I know the podcasts often try to tie the guest in to wider issues of social phenomena. But with a guest like this I am more interested in what she does than how her experiences relate to any bigger picture.

These are questions I would ask:

What were her most evidential readings. for example readings where she brought through information only the spirit and sitter would know?

How did she develop her skills? Did she train to bring them out and develop them or did they just arise naturally?

Did she have a mentor or teacher? How did they interact? How did that help her?

Can she give any examples of where communicating with spirits helped people who were suffering from intense grief?

Did she have training on how to interact with people who are grieving?

What advice does he have for people who are experiencing psychic phenomena and don't know what to do about it?

Has she helped earthbound spirits to complete their transition? How did she do it? What happened?

What should someone do if there is an earthbound spirit in their home?

Can someone communicate with deceased loved ones without a medium?

What is the best way to find a good medium.

Has she had any experiences where spirits caused healing - physical or psychological?

Has she had problems with skeptics?

How does she handle skeptics?

So much will depend on Claire's perspective here. I mean is she familiar with the works on this theme going back ages - White and DeMarco are my two favourite sources. Does she factor in Fisher's "hungry ghosts"? Does she explore the tradition of higher level teachers? Does she get into the crazy new age channelling frauds? Is she into spiritism?

Yeah, so ask her to contextualise her work. The title suggest warm hugs, puppies and daffodils - not the head bending challenging stuff of White and DeMarco (and others).

So much will depend on Claire's perspective here. I mean is she familiar with the works on this theme going back ages - White and DeMarco are my two favourite sources. Does she factor in Fisher's "hungry ghosts"? Does she explore the tradition of higher level teachers? Does she get into the crazy new age channelling frauds? Is she into spiritism?

Yeah, so ask her to contextualise her work. The title suggest warm hugs, puppies and daffodils - not the head bending challenging stuff of White and DeMarco (and others).
great. yes I definitely want to go down this path. do you have any more specifics that could bring me up to speed

Claire co-authored a book with Theresa Cheung who was born into a family of Spiritualists. Does Spiritualism play a part in her new one?

Claire writes the second half of the book "Answers from Heaven: Incredible True Stories of Heavenly Encounters and the Afterlife" where she shares her journey as a medium, and she earns her nickname of 'The Honest Medium'. What was she honest about?

Would like to hear about hierarchies, borders/boundaries, evolution of the soul, nature of evil.

I already know that the departed want us to know they are still alive, etc.

Of course there's all the flowery stuff about "and they still love you and love is the connection blah blah blah", but what about relationships where there was not a lot of love? What, if anything, do the dead people want us to know about those situations?

I know the podcasts often try to tie the guest in to wider issues of social phenomena. But with a guest like this I am more interested in what she does than how her experiences relate to any bigger picture.

These are questions I would ask:

What were her most evidential readings. for example readings where she brought through information only the spirit and sitter would know?

How did she develop her skills? Did she train to bring them out and develop them or did they just arise naturally?

Did she have a mentor or teacher? How did they interact? How did that help her?

Can she give any examples of where communicating with spirits helped people who were suffering from intense grief?

Did she have training on how to interact with people who are grieving?

What advice does he have for people who are experiencing psychic phenomena and don't know what to do about it?

Has she helped earthbound spirits to complete their transition? How did she do it? What happened?

What should someone do if there is an earthbound spirit in their home?

Can someone communicate with deceased loved ones without a medium?

What is the best way to find a good medium.

Has she had any experiences where spirits caused healing - physical or psychological?

Has she had problems with skeptics?

How does she handle skeptics?

Did aliens ever communicate to her or through her to other people?

great. yes I definitely want to go down this path. do you have any more specifics that could bring me up to speed

I'd want to know where she positions herself in company of the various forms of communicated writings, say going back to Alice Bailey and though to DeMarco (I have no doubt there are others, but he is where I stopped reading for the moment). Happy to send you a short list of those I am well familiar with -bit I;;d expect others on the forum may hav their favourites as well.

Hoping this interview is not a bunch of feel good blanket statements. Let's get past that and get scientific

Hoping this interview is not a bunch of feel good blanket statements. Let's get past that and get scientific

So important! Nothing worse than a build up and then all there is a shower of homilies and admonitions. If Alex can get into motivations and a continuity of themes to tie together a spectrum of types of communication with the dead that would help.

When all you have are "feel good blanket statements" you generally are dealing with projections from the claimed 'channellers' or dead frauds who possess no insight and just want to be wanted.

There are layers of valid contact - from the dearly departed to spiritual teachers (of which there is a spectrum -depending upon the contact's level of sophistication). None tend to deal in platitudes or content free blather - which is pretty rife if you are not discriminating in your sources. That is to say there are plenty of pretenders and frauds. Being dead doesn't necessarily make you better or wiser.

IMO, Fisher's book is a must read for anyone delving into these matters - and it should be taken seriously; very seriously.

"It's all about love" may or may not be ultimately true, but there's an awful lot of hate out there; both in embodied humans and in disembodied humans - maybe even among never-been-human-other-dimensional beings.

I have even considered that the entire spectrum of UFO phenomena may be poltergeist type activity set into motion by psychopathic jackass spirits.

Anyone who comes on with the whole new age light and love ball of fluff only is highly suspect to my mind.

I would very much like the interview to explore the above.

When all you have are "feel good blanket statements" you generally are dealing with projections from the claimed 'channellers' or dead frauds who possess no insight and just want to be wanted.

There are layers of valid contact - from the dearly departed to spiritual teachers (of which there is a spectrum -depending upon the contact's level of sophistication). None tend to deal in platitudes or content free blather - which is pretty rife if you are not discriminating in your sources. That is to say there are plenty of pretenders and frauds. Being dead doesn't necessarily make you better or wiser.

This depends on how you understand, or fail to understand, physical reality. Generally, there are three viewpoints. 1) You die and that's all, folks. 2) You die and return [or move] to a new energetic state and 3) You die in this physical dream called reality and find that you have never left Spirit or whatever you wish to call the realm where the Higher Mind resolves.

Which is why it is called the Higher Mind or Self.

This depends on how you understand, or fail to understand, physical reality. Generally, there are three viewpoints. 1) You die and that's all, folks. 2) You die and return [or move] to a new energetic state and 3) You die in this physical dream called reality and find that you have never left Spirit or whatever you wish to call the realm where the Higher Mind resolves.

Which is why it is called the Higher Mind or Self.
For years when I began to question reality and life and death in general. I couldn't help but ask myself is this all there is? I would go out imagining my life being rich, trophy wife and traveling to exotic locations. Still felt empty more so because I wasn't currently living that lifestyle I imagined. Which brought me to the next tangent of thought... death, as I said on here recently I find the Christian and Islam afterlife to be deathly boring and limited. I tried to imagine more less dense realities but I couldn't, from acid trips to lucid dreaming, flying, feeling the whole universe at once, being a different animal or an elemental etc. But I couldn't imagine beyond this limited 3d/4D reality. Maybe the aim of our possible controllers is to squelch and cap off our imagination, so they can remain in power and we can only imagine so much before its capped off and regurgitated. Powers that be or not, I ran in to this video on using lucid dreaming and Astral travel to practice training for the afterlife. I had this thought for awhile, how can I imagine more stuff I never thought of before? Yea flying in heaven is cool or being a rain drop falling from a cloud in the ocean sounds cool, and other dimensions sounds cool, but how can I take my imagination beyond all that? What new things can I imagine that I or we never imagined before?

Back