Mod+ UPCOMING INTERVIEW: DAN HARRIS, 10% HAPPIER

Maybe I should of posted this in the Jeffery Martin thread, but this article by Dr. Jeff put out today is more about secularizing meditation in general. I should note that while there is no mention of spiritual otherness in Permanent Non Symbolic Experience. The experience itself is a transcendent deep communion with otherness. I can't say this is not brain but it is not what the brain has created.
P.S. This article is not about that.
http://www.elephantjournal.com/2015...15-and-what-this-tipping-point-means-for-you/

Last edited:
Secularism is a metaphysical point of view just like a religion is. It has its own assumptions, dogma, and incorrect beliefs like some religions. In fact secularism is farther from the truth about the nature of consciousness than most religions, because materialism is false.

Secularism is a metaphysical point of view just like a religion is. It has its own assumptions, dogma, and incorrect beliefs like some religions. In fact secularism is farther from the truth about the nature of consciousness than most religions, because materialism is false.

Seems to me that anything followed by "ism" probably involves a particular POV, perspective, assumptions and set of "beliefs".

OTOH- it also seems to me it IS possible to meditate and "progress" (in the spiritual meaning of the word) without being devoted to any "ism", by simply witnessing what takes place. There is no real NEED to involve dogma, it just seems to creep in more often that not.

Back