Virtual reality and curing fear or death

Mildly interesting I suppose.

It's commonly said that having an NDE will generally reduce fear of death. But there are lots of ways in which this simulation falls short of an actual NDE. I won't even bother to list them.

But also, having an OOBE - does that reduce fear of death? It isn't something which is usually considered a characteristic. An NDE may include an out-of-body component, but there are other types of out-of-body experiences which are unrelated to the whole range of additional NDE characteristics. Certainly when I started trying to have my own OOBE, it was with a sense that it was a fictitious, made-up phenomena, but when eventually I achieved some modest event, I did accept that such things were real. But it didn't necessarily affect my views on death, except for the fact that it made me directly aware of the immensity of the universe, something which one does not get from say staring up at the night sky. I suppose the sense of vastness did open me, at least briefly, to the possibility that there were many many other things merely hinted at in everyday life, that we aren't aware of. It increased the range of possibilities.

Does a VR simulation offer any of that? In my view it still leaves things in a fictional, made-up state, where nothing is solidly verified.

Certainly when I started trying to have my own OOBE, it was with a sense that it was a fictitious, made-up phenomena, but when eventually I achieved some modest event, I did accept that such things were real. But it didn't necessarily affect my views on death
I had an OOBE recently, but I wasn't even trying. Most of it was a blur. The only thing I can remember is floating up to the ceiling, a very quick glimpse of some sort of 'vision' ( it looked sorta like a group of people ), and then back down into my body.
The floating and vision did not look and/or feel fictitious.
And the fact that it didn't look and/or feel fictitious made me believe I was actually in the astral/spirit world, and I will end up in that world when I die, but I just couldn't remember going to the spirit world. It affected my views and I still believe in it. That's just me anyway.

In my view it still leaves things in a fictional, made-up state, where nothing is solidly verified.
Yeah. VR simulation to cure fear of death? Oh please.