Vision of Mother during Childbirth

Steve

Interesting snippet from the daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...over-s-deeply-moving-story-shake-beliefs.html

Far from scared, I felt nothing but relief when I saw her. I did not for a minute think that I was hallucinating.

It was not as if I simply had an awareness of her, a feeling she was present in some imprecise, spiritual sense, or that she appeared as a ghost.

As I moved further into my labour, I could see her, clearly, standing beside me at each step. When I felt scared, I looked at her, and she smiled a little brighter so that my fear subsided.

Since Mum’s accident, I’d always longed to see her again, as she once was. Since she’d died, I’d treasured the dreams I’d had about her, when, for a brief glimpse of time, it would be as if the clock had been rewound and the accident had never happened.

So, why was it during Dash’s birth that she finally appeared to me, just as I had always wished?

Meanwhile, in the comments we have the typical partisan squabbling without so much as iota of rational, thoughtful discussion. There's a reason I consider myself "a-humanist"(lack of faith in humanity), and it involves people who take in a worldview and then padlock their minds shut. It's caused most of history's problems.

Meanwhile, in the comments we have the typical partisan squabbling without so much as iota of rational, thoughtful discussion. There's a reason I consider myself "a-humanist"(lack of faith in humanity), and it involves people who take in a worldview and then padlock their minds shut. It's caused most of history's problems.

I was quite surprised, having a look after what you said ? There may not be the intellectual to & fro that is sometimes found here, but it is refreshingly black & white. I was surprised to find the vast majority to be in favour in the few that I read, ie proponent.They may be the silent majority showing solidarity by voting plus rather than against each post, one can hardly blame them - who wants an argument online with someone whose mind is already made up ?

God I hate the comments section. The other day I wanted to watch Linus's monologue from the Book of Luke in A Charlie Brown Christmas. It makes me feel good when I am down. Anyways I scrolled down to the comments section to see the typical theist vs atheist sideshow. Yes...they brought the argument to a cartoon.

Back