Wagging the Moondoggie

^^^ Anyone care to comment? ^^^
I wanted to comment this morning, but had to go to work (unlike you bunch of out-of-work bums and 93-year-old retirees).

I can't believe this is anything but a hoax. This is a picture of SK in 1998:
271bf6f10226fecb7b340a9179a5f26a.jpg

Compare the color of the beard, the glasses, the eyebrows.

Compare his voice:

And of course why would they shoot this interview purposefully in this bad light, shadows, etc. etc.

Also see the moles on the left side of the guy in the video's face.
See here for a close-up - no such moles:
stanleykubrick2.jpg

And listening to the part (3:18) where "Kubrick" is expressing guilt, stress, and how it's been making him drink and not take care of himself - 30 years later. Yeah, right.

I wanted to comment this morning, but had to go to work (unlike you bunch of out-of-work bums and 93-year-old retirees).

Compare his voice:

And of course why would they shoot this interview purposefully in this bad light, shadows, etc. etc.

stanleykubrick2.jpg

And listening to the part (3:18) where "Kubrick" is expressing guilt, stress, and how it's been making him drink and not take care of himself - 30 years later. Yeah, right.
The lighting was ridiculous.

Compare his voice:

stanleykubrick2.jpg

Ahh, I did not notice your analysis here. Thanks. Makes sense to me, especially with the drinking, guilt, etc. :D I didn't pick up on that when I watched it.

So it probably was Jerry Garcia as I had originally assumed.

Everything about it was ridiculous. If you waited 15 years to present evidence on one of the most controversial issues of modern times, would you cut it up, edit it like a fool, and detract from your point at every turn.... Probably not!!!!

In the unedited versions, along with the bad lighting and undulating picture, the interviewer is totally 'informing' and leading fake Kubrick. As Ian points out, the voice is wrong -- sounds more like Joaquim Phoenix than known Kubrick. Where is the NDA document? Where's the original film footage? There are too many people involved in the alleged conspiracy... Spielberg, Woody Allen to Neil Armstrong etc

Allegedly died 3 days after this interview? How convenient. If Kubrick had been ill and knew he was going to die, and the interview had been arranged for the purpose of passing the information on, then that would be more believable.
Kubrick must be turning in his grave.

It is staged. "Stanley's" real name is Tom....

Last edited:
Funny thing. I frequently have these synchronicities involving forum activity (which I share with one or two people here...). This topic has come up as I'm re-watching all of SK's film chronologically (which I last saw more than 10 years ago...) and in parallel reading 4 books about him. Dr. Strangelove is on the menu tonight.

What makes him worth a damn?

What makes him worth a damn?
Didn't you just watch that clip I put up? :)

He consistently made tremendous films, a master visual(-and-sound) artist, unique and consistent themes and style, bla bla bla... I'm not gonna go on about this as I'm not good at talking about this sort of thing. But it's my hobby going through the films of noteworthy film directors like this, and I just happen to be "doing" Kubrick right now...

Paranormalists and conspiracists seem to love him for different reasons I'm not totally clear on. I just admire his films for what they are.

Last edited:
Back