Was "A Course in Miracles" a CIA Mind-Control Experiment?

Discussion in 'Extended Consciousness & Spirituality' started by K9!, Jun 16, 2018.

1. K9!

K9! New

https://inpursuitofhappiness.wordpr...e-in-miracles-a-cia-exercise-in-mind-control/

AryaS likes this.
  2. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

3. K9!

K9! New

I'm not into the conspiracy theories, but I have concerns about these odd cults that seem to be part of the afterlife tourism culture. It was in an interview with Richard Dolen that I first heard about this, so I did a quick search. And not all of the comments are negative, some are in agreement, and some give links to more information bolstering the points made.

When I discovered first hand that IANDS had issues with cults taking over local groups as well as maintaining a presence in the national organization, that was a bit of an eye-opener. It seems to be an issue with UFO, paranormal and various afterlife themed groups. I can understand why cults are drawn to these groups, because the people are venerable and looking for answers. So it could just be a case of cults looking to increase membership. But what about Thetford's connection to the CIA? From 1971 to 1978 he was the Professor of Medical Psychology for a "Personality theory" research project which was supposedly a subprogram of the CIA's MK ULTRA.

In this podcast Richard Dolan talks about the CIA's role in cultural things like the new age movement, abstract expressionism (they funded Jackson Pollack), and the California music scene in Laurel canyon.

Dolan gets into these topics about 24 minutes into the podcast.

Trancestate and AryaS like this.
  4. David Bailey

David Bailey Administrator

K9,

That was an interesting video, and it is a fact that "To the stars" is somehow utterly phoney.

However, it always seems to me that if US weapons developers really have access to advanced alien technology, they would be invincible by now.

The other thing is that I am surprised that anyone outside the CIA knows who worked for them! I have never really explored the conspiratorial theories however, so I may be naive!

David