What color is this dress?

I see these colors:
View attachment 403

Left : it looks like "Victorian Trim" 2068-50 in the Pantone chart posted by @Ian Gordon
Right: it's a "dark gold", maybe "bronze" color. I can't find a match in the Pantone chart. They are too saturated.

No idea how someone could see white instead of the lavender-like blue on the left.

Surely monitors (LCDs especially) can cause all sorts of problems in this test. The test should be done with a printed sample.

... and as @malf said, there's a terrible light in the picture.

Just to be clear it wasn't me (I think Vault mentioned it first)

It sounds like something I would say (because it is correct ;) ). Chris makes a good point about the background glare too.

What this tells us about "quaila" is another story... Colour ("the redness of red") appears to be largely modulated at the retina, arguably before the brain (notwithstanding the fact that the retina is generally considered to be made of brain tissue).

What this tells us about "quaila" is another story... Colour ("the redness of red") appears to be largely modulated at the retina, arguably before the brain (notwithstanding the fact that the retina is generally considered to be made of brain tissue).
It doesn't really matter.
You get the experience of whatever sensory input your eyes decode for you. If you see the dress as black and white you will have an experience different from mine.

It doesn't really matter.
You get the experience of whatever sensory input your eyes decode for you. If you see the dress as black and white you will have an experience different from mine.

So my "redness" is brain based (local)? Experience isn't fundamental? We aren't all separate parts (whirlpools) of one consciousness (river)?

Holy cow!

I just caught last night's episode of American Idol, and Jax came out wearing The Dress! Of course, the lighting was good, so it was obviously blue and black.

The one thing that keeps bugging me...now I really want the dress!

Linda

Back