What is The Sun

Hi all,

Can you please help with some easy research for my article?

This doesn't take long. I just want you to answer in a statement or two: "What is The Sun?"

If you don't know, just write that or, for example if you answer is that The Sun is a Star, then please explain that briefly in the next sentence why rather than just say it's A Star with no explanation.

I encourage anyone out there to give me a their opinion from the heart rather than a reference to a book or website.

Thanks for your ideas.

Right from the heart I would say that the Sun is a lifegiver without which we would not exist.
If the word worship is ever appropriate then the Sun is a suitable subject for our adoration.
Some - like Sheldrake - have suggested the sun has some form of consciousness - in fact the whole universe may be conscious.
I won't bother with the science because I would be giving you a Google version.

Some - like Sheldrake - have suggested the sun has some form of consciousness - in fact the whole universe may be conscious.
I won't bother with the science because I would be giving you a Google version.
No not know/believe/accept that consciousness is fundamental (which means every thing is an expression of consciousness) would means one subscribes to physicalism. Or is that very rare breed - a genuine skeptic.

Also it's notable that fundamental consciousness isn't even nearly the same as human/animal consciousness which is just a subset.

And the idea that "we wouldn't exist without the sun" is also strange/limited. Certainly life on planet E would have remarkably different forms to those in this configuration but those forms would then be the norm and some would be ascribing "we wouldn't exist without" to some other physical element. :)

No not know/believe/accept that consciousness is fundamental (which means every thing is an expression of consciousness) would means one subscribes to physicalism. Or is that very rare breed - a genuine skeptic.

Also it's notable that fundamental consciousness isn't even nearly the same as human/animal consciousness which is just a subset.

And the idea that "we wouldn't exist without the sun" is also strange/limited. Certainly life on planet E would have remarkably different forms to those in this configuration but those forms would then be the norm and some would be ascribing "we wouldn't exist without" to some other physical element. :)
Why do you call it planet E?

great answers. thanks very much. is it OK, if i use the answers anonymously in my journal?
I just write it down each day and in maybe ten years i can see a change in consciousness.

For example i might write,

16 November 2015

A Star. no explanation.
A Star. no explanation.
A Star. no explanation.
A Burning rock. No explanation.

21 November 2015

Nuclear reactor. "It's hydrogen Fusion, not Fission"
A Star. No explanation.
Burning rock in the sky.
Multidimensional being. Nuclear Fusion Entity

Then i do that each day. That's my book.

I don't know why, but I have always felt the sun is like my father ... A father figure. A person, a protector and provider, a playmate, a guide, a counsellor, and a comforter. The light of the external world, and the light of the inner world. Somehow, home. Odd really.
These words feel heart felt, not rational (because I know it sounds silly, but it feels accurate somehow ... great question, never connected with this aspect of my relationship to the sun before).