why doesnt the being of light ever communicate to us personally?

I've been going through very depressing life problems for many years, and each time I try to resolve it I get the same bloody result. I'm sure many others are suffering due to different reasons. Many times I go sleep asking the being of light to give me an NDE, or just a sign, but nothing happens just random dreams. Good people have lost faith and turned into shallow materialistic lifestyles due to this. No signs, no dreams, makes the paranormal harder to believe.

Do we have to go through a cardiac arrest to experience an NDE? And it's only 10% chance, and there's no guarantee we'll get revived with no brain damage. How to induce a cardiac arrest with high chance of getting revived?

There are no quick fixes in regards to spiritual experiences. A disciplined and dedicated spiritual practice will possibly provide some answers, but only after some years. Of course, there are psychedelics, like LSD, psylocibin and DMT, to name the major ones, who can help with that. My experiences with LSD, while lying in bed in a meditative pose and releasing control have offered some answers to my long standing questions. Many of my experiences had precedents in Buddhist literature, specifically Tibetan and Huayan Buddhism. Still, there is no point in describing them to others, because of their otherworldly quality and intense and private emotional overtones. My theory is that psychedelics can provide a shortcut to powerful spiritual experiences, in that they peel off the many layers of consciousness or mind(specifically the social and cultural layers), allowing access to levels of awareness alien to normal consciousness. They can also give rise to very unpleasant experiences, if you have emotional and psychological hangups and imbalances. To conclude, while I still have minor doubts and still maintain a rather pessimistic outlook on life, I acquired the conviction that this life is not a total waste and that spiritual, moral and intellectual progress will not be rendered obsolete once my body is destroyed.

I've been going through very depressing life problems for many years, and each time I try to resolve it I get the same bloody result. I'm sure many others are suffering due to different reasons. Many times I go sleep asking the being of light to give me an NDE, or just a sign, but nothing happens just random dreams. Good people have lost faith and turned into shallow materialistic lifestyles due to this. No signs, no dreams, makes the paranormal harder to believe.

Do we have to go through a cardiac arrest to experience an NDE? And it's only 10% chance, and there's no guarantee we'll get revived with no brain damage. How to induce a cardiac arrest with high chance of getting revived?

The majority of people who suffer a cardiac arrest, and are revived and do not appear to have brain damage, do not report having an NDE. That doesn't mean it didn't happen of course but it seems to me to be a very high risk strategy with very little probability of success (i.e. Of you getting what you seek).

Psychedelics are said by some to be a safer route but I haven't read an account yet by someone who, however genuine and sincere, managed to convince me that their experience had any basis in any form of reality (though some of them were interesting). Again, not saying that it didn't have for them or that in some objective sense it wasn't real - just that it didn't resonate with me.

In my own limited experience, the only way to increase knowledge is personal effort. That may include personal experiences but I'd want to carefully consider the risks before doing something that impacted me or those who care about me or depend on me. One might get lucky and have an irrefutable personal experience but it's unlikely and even less likely that anyone else would share our certainty without some sort of objective evidence (not that this matters for personal conviction necessarily).

I agree with SciFi - I don't think there is a surefire quick fix. Even if it did reveal some future existence, you'd still need to deal with the things that are causing you unhappiness now wouldn't you?

Are you sure that a "paranormal sign" would solve your depressing life problems?

I don't think NDEs are a solution to life hardships. In fact I don't seem to remember NDErs reporting that as a core feature of their experience. Many of them were frightened and very confused after the occurrence, other got depress and in general it looks like it takes quite a bit of time to process such an experience and integrate it with the rest of one's life.

Surely many NDErs have changed their outlook on life, some dramatically so, but I wouldn't want to go through such an ordeal quite honestly!
Maybe an OBE would be best :) Though, again, I don't think it could solve anyone's problems.

Why is it that important that it happens to you? Isn't other people's experience enough to keep your faith? (be it in a religious sense or not...)

Cheers

Last edited:

I've been in the same situation before - chronic physical pain... lack of mobility... lack of supernatural miracles... by far the most depressing aspect of my situation was that my expectations for reality did not match up with my reality and thus it was destroying my faith and along with it my worldview on which I relied for stability and meaning. The three miracles I desired and prayed for constantly to no avail were to have my painfully arthritic hips healed, to have my eyes healed, and to meet someone to marry. It didn't come about in the overtly miraculous way that I wanted it to, but eventually I got cured from Lyme disease, got my hips replaced, got Lasik (20/15 vision now), and I'm now a married man. :) I still have plenty of problems to deal with though... that's life.

The fact that my expectations for reality failed to meet up with reality was very depressing and painful (moreso than the physical pain), but this pain drove me to search and learn and grow... so on this side of it, it seems to have been beneficial. I cannot imagine being stuck with my old imprisoning mindsets which might not have been destroyed had I gotten exactly what I asked for.

Maybe your situation is different, I don't know... If you're beating your head against a wall consider: Can I change this situation or not? If you can make a plan and improve your situation, then do so. If there's nothing you can do, consider a rock in a stream... the water flows around it and eventually it is worn away. Flow around your problems. You can also re-frame reality in such a way that what seems like a problem is not really a problem. Zoom out. Consider your smallness... Consider what your problems will mean in 1000 years. Or zoom in and consider your connectedness to all of reality. Re-frame your problems as opportunities to grow and opportunities to find meaning because what story is meaningful or interesting without a problem? Consider the ways your own mindset may be self-sabotaging you either naturally (through setting up negative feedback loops) or supernaturally (drawing in negative synchronicities).

If no solution immediately presents itself, I like Jordan Peterson's advice: clean your room. Find the nearest bit of chaos in your life and bring order to it. Start with the things you can change quickly and easily. And gradually as you bring order to the chaos around you, your position will improve and one by one, problems will be conquered.

Many times I go sleep asking the being of light to give me an NDE, or just a sign, but nothing happens just random dreams. Good people have lost faith and turned into shallow materialistic lifestyles due to this. No signs, no dreams, makes the paranormal harder to believe.

When I was about 12, my friend and I went to a mentalist/hypnotist show at the Iowa State fair. I had $10 that I could spend on anything – corn dogs, mid-way rides, freak shows, and candy – all the stuff 12 year old boys love. After the show, this performer was selling record albums about how to train you ESP powers. I paid $8! So when I got home the first thing I did was put it on the turntable. Basically, it was guided meditation – lay back, close your eyes, and count your breathing, etc. I never got psychic powers, but I did learn to meditate at an early age. As I entered my teen years, you know, the time when you start to question your religion, I prayed for God to give me a clear sign. I was always disappointed.

Now I am firmly in my middle years, I can say that I have experienced some truly uncanny events and fortuitous synchronicities but nothing truly compelling. They call this the “hiddenness of God”. Maybe it is our lot to find God by other means than intuition. I have a more intellectual calling. Pondering over Thomas Aquinas and Swedenborg’s symbolism both seem to open up a different kind of gnosis. Maybe not everyone is meant to have visions. YMMV.

When I was about 12, my friend and I went to a mentalist/hypnotist show at the Iowa State fair. I had $10 that I could spend on anything – corn dogs, mid-way rides, freak shows, and candy – all the stuff 12 year old boys love. After the show, this performer was selling record albums about how to train you ESP powers. I paid $8! So when I got home the first thing I did was put it on the turntable. Basically, it was guided meditation – lay back, close your eyes, and count your breathing, etc. I never got psychic powers, but I did learn to meditate at an early age. As I entered my teen years, you know, the time when you start to question your religion, I prayed for God to give me a clear sign. I was always disappointed.

Now I am firmly in my middle years, I can say that I have experienced some truly uncanny events and fortuitous synchronicities but nothing truly compelling. They call this the “hiddenness of God”. Maybe it is our lot to find God by other means than intuition. I have a more intellectual calling. Pondering over Thomas Aquinas and Swedenborg’s symbolism both seem to open up a different kind of gnosis. Maybe not everyone is meant to have visions. YMMV.
Hm. How would you know when you'd "found god"?

I would like to suggest that every response here can be seen as an act of god. People trying in their own way to ease the burden of a fellow human, would seem to me to be the correct definition.

No, people ease others burden because they have the free will to be kind and demonstrate unselfish love. The beings of light are the hypocrites, they teach humans to show unselfish love when millions of people could use a simple sign/dream to guide them, and they are too selfish to do it. They even punish people who commit suicide due to a far too traumatic life. Let me ask you, what would you do if you were a being of light? That's right, you wouldn't leave people to rot by themselves and waste an entire lifetime again and again, you'd guide them with clear signs to what they are supposed to do.

No, people ease others burden because they have the free will to be kind and demonstrate unselfish love. The beings of light are the hypocrites, they teach humans to show unselfish love when millions of people could use a simple sign/dream to guide them, and they are too selfish to do it. They even punish people who commit suicide due to a far too traumatic life. Let me ask you, what would you do if you were a being of light? That's right, you wouldn't leave people to rot by themselves and waste an entire lifetime again and again, you'd guide them with clear signs to what they are supposed to do.

I think it depends what you've read. You might find the teachings of Silver Birch interesting. His view was that there is no punishment administered by anyone, merely consequences that follow naturally from the decisions we make and that our motivation when making them is an important factor in the consequences.

Back