Mod+ Wikipedia Wants to Delete My Page...

Discussion in 'Skeptiko Shows' started by Alex, Dec 7, 2015.

Steve likes this.
  2. Smithy

Smithy Member

I most certainly do not think that anti-vaccine people are crazies!
    Quite remarkable that apparently I did cause a stir by simply mentioning an observation. :D
    Making an observation does not in any way imply that one agrees with what has been observed.

Steve and Hurmanetar like this.
  3. Hurmanetar

Hurmanetar New

Home Page:
    Okay, I'll give you your like back. :)

4. Smithy

Smithy Member

:):):):)

5. Steve

Steve Member

I knew that all people had failings, I'm not sure that this was exactly what I was getting at. I'm not talking about having human failings as such, but those failings being unexpected in nature.

For example I might be surprised by finding out that a friend had a drink problem, but that is a sort of normal failing, a human weakness. I'm talking about say someone like Donald Rumsfelt attending a greenpeace rally in Times Square. It wouldn't seem possible. Jurgen wasn't the best example, I would class it as mild to moderate surprise.

6. Matt²

Matt² New

Then why did you bring it up? You claim "neither for or against," but your wording seems to contradict that; "I had my vaccinations, and never experienced any problems." Clearly others have experienced problem, while others haven't. That makes it appear as if you are taking sides. So, it's confusing. To me, anyway.

So, from one perspective it could almost be concluded that you were fishing for some negative sentiment traction against Sharyl Attkisson or at least gin a little up. I apologize ahead of time if that wasn't your intention. Something that looks like something, doesn't mean it is that something. You know what I mean.

Jim_Smith likes this.
  7. Smithy

Smithy Member

Then apologize... and apologies accepted...:D

8. Matt²

Matt² New

T
    When you explain what your intent was cogently and not confusingly, as your original response was. That's was implied. Didn't catch that? Now it just looks like what I was hoping it wasn't.

Well alright...thanks for clearing that up.

9. Michel H

Michel H New

10. http://www.boredpanda.com/teen-sneaks-vip-band-concert-wikipedia/

This Teen Just Sneaked Into Band’s VIP Section By Simply Editing Its Wikipedia Page

This teen had a brilliant idea when he couldn’t see the band very well at a concert recently

He decided to change their Wikipedia page to say that he was the cousin of the lead singer!

He showed the page to the bouncer, who then allowed him into the VIP section where the view was much better

K9! and Obiwan like this.
  11. Charlie Primero

Charlie Primero Member

The same thing happened to me about 15 years ago when I tried to correct some Wikipedia information about a martial art I taught.

The entry was controlled by Mods from a competing martial art. They were expert at manipulating the Byzantine bureaucratic rules of Wikipedia legalism, and willing to devote hours and hours to fight me on even the smallest change.

That's when I learned Wikipedia is worse than biased and political because they vigorously claim they are not. Wikipedia is the very essence of hypocrisy. I learned not to fool with it.

Obiwan, K9! and Steve like this.
  12. Charlie Primero

Charlie Primero Member

K9! likes this.