Your synchronicities

Brian_the_bard

Lost Pilgrim
I wanted to start a personal synchronicities thread because I have just been stunned by one. My favourite author on the subject of Glastonbury (My favourite place on Earth) is Dion Fortune who actually lived in Glastonbury. I have just found out that she was born in Llandudno, the loveliest place I have ever lived! (and I don't move around much)

https://www.servantsofthelight.org/about-sol/biographies/dion-fortune/

Let's hear about yours :)

This is my most intense one, several years ago:

One night I had a nightmare about owls. It was so bad I woke up in terror about 3:00 am.

I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got out of bed and went out to my garage to smoke a cigarette.

While smoking, I walked outside and stood in my driveway to look at the stars. While I was lost in thought contemplating the horizon, a giant freaking owl crashed into my head and almost knocked me down.

It scared the SH!T out of me. I saw it swoosh shoosh flapping its wings under the street light about 5 feet off the ground out in front of me to gain altitude. I swear that thing had a 10-foot wingspan. I lost sight of it after it got above the street light.

I went back in my garage an wrote on a yellow sticky "research owls", then went back to bed.

Bleych. It still creeps me out thinking about it. (I did finally quit smoking cigarettes a couple months after this, despite years of failed attempts).

From my web site:
https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/psi_experience
Adventures of a Student Medium
Preliminary Experiences

Once, when I was living in an apartment building, I was going downstairs to take the garbage out to the dumpster and I absentmindedly went all the way down to the basement instead of going outside. (I never did that before or after that one time.) As I realized my mistake, I looked up and saw someone come out of his basement apartment. He looked at me with a worried expression and asked if I knew how to turn off the water. His bathtub faucet was broken and would not shut off and the tub was about to overflow. I was able to show him an access panel with shut-off valves - all the apartments were similar and I knew from my own apartment where they would be in his.

Another time, when I was having problems with my job, I began to take long walks over to the next town. I like to take walks for exercise but these were unsually long and at the time I didn't know why I was going so far. After a few days of this I saw on a poster that the other town was going to have a fair with booths for community organizations to raise money. I had been living in that area for ten years and had not gone to any of the local events like that before (or after) but I decided to walk all the way over for that one. When the day came around and I went there, I wandered around for a while and then sat down on a bench. After a few minutes, I looked up and noticed a gap in the crowd on the sidewalk. Alone, in the middle of that gap was someone wearing a bright yellow sports coat. I thought to myself, "Who's that in the yellow jacket? Wait, that's ...." It was someone who I used to work for who was dressed like that because of the fair. I said, "Hi" as he got near and during the ensuing conversation I mentioned that I was thinking of changing jobs. He had an opening and I went to work for him shortly thereafter.

At one point, after many coincidences like those above, I started wondering what was going on and tried looking on the internet for information on psychic abilities. I saw a local psychic was having a book signing at a bookstore in my area. I’m mostly a homebody so I normally wouldn't have gone to the signing especially since it was in a town I'd never been to. However, when I checked the map, I saw it was right next to a town I was going to on the same day to have lunch with a friend. The bookstore was just down the road from the restaurant. That's an interesting coincidence but I also unexpectedly received a gift card for that bookstore a few days before the signing. I have never had a gift card for that store before or since. I went to the signing, bought the book with the gift card, and afterwards I asked the author how one can develop their psychic abilities. The author recommended a Spiritualist church near where I lived that had classes.

I started going to the Spiritualist church and I took classes there....

Dean Radin had a precognitive dream too:

http://deanradin.blogspot.com/2007/08/precognitive-dream.html

Sometime in the wee hours of August 1, 2007, I had a dream about being in a car accident. I remember waking up with a clear impression of a crash and all the air bags inflating. I don't often remember my dreams, but this one struck me because of the surprising level of detail, the emotional content, the fact that I don't recall ever having a similar dream, and because I had never before been in a car accident.

Because of the dream, later that morning I decided to play it safe and drive to work a different way than usual. The most dangerous part of the morning commute for me is getting on 101, one of the major North-South highways in the Northern California Bay Area. The entrance that I usually take has a very short merge lane that often requires you to drive on the shoulder because both of the two lanes of the highway are congested, sometimes by massive trucks going 70 mph. My adrenaline is always in high gear when I use this entrance because if an unthinking driver decides to park on that very same shoulder (it happens occasionally), thereby blocking the only available place to merge onto the highway, then the drivers on the on-ramp -- who are accelerating and paying attention to oncoming traffic, and not on who is in front of them -- are destined for a bad end.

The safer, alternative entrance is a little out of the way for me, but there is a very long, much safer merging lane. So I took that route.

I'm waiting at the traffic light at the entrance to the highway, along with a few other cars in front of me. The light changes to green, but before any of us have a chance to move, bam!, my car is hit from behind. A Chevy Tahoe smashes my rear bumper and part of the lift gate. The driver saw the green light and his foot responded before his brain realized that there were cars in front of him. The startle I felt on the impact was like what I experienced in the dream, but fortunately it was just a mundane fender bender.

Last edited:
I been having an ant problem in my kitchen. It started out small and was annoying but tolerable. A few days after it started, they had managed to get on to the kitchen counters and the sink and that really for some reason ticked me off. In the process of trying to kill some of them I had muttered out of frustration I wish you all would just die already. The next day after coming home from work I walked into the kitchen and both sinks were filled with dead ants. After that there was practically none.

Last edited:
I been having an ant problem in my kitchen. It started out small and was annoying but tolerable. A few days after it started, they had managed to get on to the kitchen counters and the sink and that really for some reason ticked me off. In the process of trying to kill some of them I had muttered out of frustration I wish you all would just die already. The next day after coming home from work I walked into the kitchen and both sinks were filled with dead ants. After that there was practically none.
I'm not going to get on the wrong side of you!:eek:

In june 2015 I signed up for a shamanic seminar. It was my first similar experience I didn't know what to expect, except some vague idea. The seminar took place in a nearby village so I had to wake up early in order to have enough time to get there. The evening before the seminar day I set my smartphone alarm to 7:00AM. In about 6:15AM I got woken up by a knocking noise inside the wardrobe. I lived alone in a single-room apartment. There were 7 knocks with a pause, then 7 knocks again, pause, 7 knocks again... and so on. So I wake up to this sound, wondering what is it caused by... Anyway, I decide to go to the bathroom and when I pass by the wardrobe the sound just stops. I'm wondering... Some vague idea pops into my mind that the sound pattern is somehow connected to the shamanic seminar that I will visit later. I don't know how or why but I started feeling a bit extatic. So I continue on to the bathroom.... When I exit the bathroom I think "hey wouldn't it be an even cooler symbolism if a crow flies down on my window ledge, croaks 3 times and then flies away?". Well, I went back to bed and just as I lie down, a crow flies down on my window ledge and I turn my head back (the window is behind my head) and see it, it croaks 3 times and then flies away. I'm both confused and happy.

Now, the other interesting part is that once I went to the seminar, they taught us some shamanic drumming. In the way they taught it, 7 drum beats are considered the wake-up (return) signal. So basically, while a journey is ongoing the beat is pretty much constant and steady, no pauses and no long interruptions. But once the journey should come to an end, the drum is beaten in a 7 beat pattern. In the same way I got waken up by a 7-beat pattern that morning.

The most striking one to me is still the one that occurred a couple years ago. My fiancée was planning a trip for us to celebrate my birthday and she kept the destinations a total secret. (My best guess was Alaska). I was on the lookout for synchs since I'd heard they happen more during travel, but didn't really have any except a cursed back right tire.

At the time she was planning the surprise trip, I randomly changed my desktop background (which I do maybe once a year) to a picture of one of the destinations she had planned, Crater Lake Oregon:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap130619.html

I only recognized the pic after I returned to work and booted up my computer, and thought, "hey we were just there!"

This is my most intense one, several years ago:

One night I had a nightmare about owls. It was so bad I woke up in terror about 3:00 am.

I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got out of bed and went out to my garage to smoke a cigarette.

While smoking, I walked outside and stood in my driveway to look at the stars. While I was lost in thought contemplating the horizon, a giant freaking owl crashed into my head and almost knocked me down.

It scared the SH!T out of me. I saw it swoosh shoosh flapping its wings under the street light about 5 feet off the ground out in front of me to gain altitude. I swear that thing had a 10-foot wingspan. I lost sight of it after it got above the street light.

I went back in my garage an wrote on a yellow sticky "research owls", then went back to bed.

Bleych. It still creeps me out thinking about it. (I did finally quit smoking cigarettes a couple months after this, despite years of failed attempts).

You might want to check out Mike Clelland
https://www.amazon.com/Messengers-Owls-Synchronicity-UFO-Abductee/dp/0967799570

I was just watching "Broken" starring Shaun Bean on the Beeb. In it, there was a scene where a priest was teaching Shaun's character as a boy about "sight rhymes". I hadn't heard the term before, so I looked it up on wikipedia, where the main entry is for "eye rhymes" and is referred to sight rhymes. The entry says:

An eye rhyme, also called a visual rhyme or a sight rhyme, is a rhyme in which two words are spelled similarly but pronounced differently.[1] An example is the name of English actor Sean Bean, whose name based on its visual aspect looks like it should be pronounced "Seen Been", but when spoken, there is no rhyming quality.

Tee hee.

Last Easter, my sister and I were at my parents house for the holiday. Trying to be helpful we asked my mom what she would like us to do. My mom responded that she wanted us to take the table cloth out side and shake it off. As we were outside beginning to give the table cloth a good shake, we began to simultaneously sing the refrain from whole Lota shaking Goin on by Jerry Lee Lewis .I made a comment that we must have grown up listening to the same records or something. Three or so hours later as I get in my truck to head home I hear the same song on the radio as soon as I start the motor.

Last edited:
I read about a former satanist in a magazine. Then I drove to a kiosk. When I came back to my car, I had coins in my hand. I threw those coins to the front seat. They slid under a newspaper I had bought. While I was driving back to home, I thought about that ex-satanist. He had told how he heard the howling of a wolf and other strange noises and experienced some poltergeist phenomena etc. I wondered if his story could really be true or if it was due to psychosis or lies. I thought about this issue the whole time I drove home (approximately 5-10 minutes). When i shut off the engine and lifted the newspaper from the seat, I saw that the coins (6 coins) had formed inverted cross. That figure was perfect. It looked as if a very meticulous person had carefully assembled it. I felt that my question had been answered.

I have tried to replicate that situation about 30 times. Every time at least one of the coins is separated from the rest and the figure they form does not resemble a cross.

My apologies for the length. I journal my experiences to keep a record. This is from my journal.

I changed the woman's name for privacy reasons.

In 2012 I became acquainted with a woman through the salon she owned. As a client, I saw her once every 4-6 weeks. Our conversations were typical small talk; we never socialized outside the salon.

I had only known her a few months when the first coincidence occurred. I woke up around 2 a.m. with a very specific visual image followed by a very specific thought concerning the owner of the salon. I had an overwhelming feeling I was suppose to write it down so I would remember to ask her. And too, I was suppose to record the date as it was important. I climbed out of bed, retrieved my cell phone, and made a notation in my phone's Note app since it time and date stamps each note.

When I woke later, I dismissed it as absurd and never called her. But at my next appointment a couple of weeks later, I said to her, "Claire, this is going to sound crazy, but is there something about you and the water?" She responded, "No. Not really. I like dolphins." Feeling stupid, I apologized for the odd question and fell silent. A few moments later she said, "Actually I don't go to the beach often. I don't like the beach--I have a horrible fear of drowning."

I screamed, jumped up, and rushed to my purse to retrieve my phone. I keep saying, "I have to show you something. I don't know what this means. I don't know what this means. The date, the date is important."

I opened my notes app to the notation I made weeks earlier and handed her my phone. The note I had written said: "Claire drowning????"

The morning that I made the notation, I woke with the image of water churning. Then the thought "drowning, drowning." That was followed by the thought, "Claire. This is about Claire and drowning."

She read the notation and said, "Calm down, this is not a premonition; I'm not going to drown." She said her fear of water stemmed from a near drowning at age five. She explained she was at the beach with her mother and her mother's best friend. On this day, the surf was breaking hard on the shore. She was playing at the water's edge while her mother and friend chatted. She remembered looking up and seeing her mother laughing and chatting when suddenly a huge wave broke over her. Submerged and helpless as the strong tide pulled her into the ocean, she felt she was about to die. She inhaled water and couldn't breathe. She then lost consciousness. When she came to, she was in her mother's arms. Her mother saw the waves break over her and managed to rescue and resuscitate her.

Claire looked at the date stamp on the note and continued. "It's not the date. It's the numbers that make up the date. These numbers are very symbolic to me. So much that when I was with my son while he looked at a truck he was considering purchasing, I told him he had to buy the truck because the sticker price was a combination of these numbers."

I was so confused by this I didn't think to ask why the numbers were symbolic to her.

A couple months later, the man I was seeing received a call out of the blue from a non-profit requesting his company to take over the maintenance contract for their business campus. He accepted the contract, but explained his company specialized in a different sector; as such, if he decided it wasn't a good fit for his company, he would refer the contract to an associate business. Given the uncertainty, he decided against hiring a work crew for the contract, and instead worked it himself. I volunteered to help him.

The non-profit facility has multiple buildings on its campus, including a gift shop. None of the buildings are air conditioned since it's built on the oceanfront. I had just finished vacuuming the gift shop; the moment I turned the vacuum cleaner off, a wind chime on the opposite side of the shop started to sound. At first I was startled, then a sense of calm came over me with the thought this was about Claire, so I didn't need to be afraid.

I walked across the gift shop to the display. A couple dozen chimes hung from the display, but only one was moving. It was the only chime of that design--nestled in the middle of the display.

Baffled, I thought there has to be a logical explanation for this. I waved my arms to create air movement. I turned the vacuum on and off, even turned it so the exhaust faced the wind chime display. Yet nothing set off the other chimes--and the single chime continued to sound and sway gently.

I frantically texted my boyfriend, who as working in the next building. The chime was still gently moving when he arrived. Baffled, but he too said there must be a logical explanation.

After we finished the main building and headed to the car, I looked over at the gift shop. I had a strange feeling. I told my boyfriend to wait, I just needed to look inside the gift shop a minute. Standing outside looking through the window into a pitch black shop, I had a sensation that I can't explain. I softly said out loud, "I feel you, I know you're there."

The next morning I told him about the drowning notation incident. I explained how I initially felt scared when the wind chime sounded, then a sudden reassurance that it was okay since it was about Claire. He said, "You know I don't believe in God, ghosts and all that nonsense, but I feel you're supposed to give that wind chime to Claire."

After some prodding, I drove to the gift shop to buy it. I arrived within 20 minutes of their opening the shop for the day. But when I got to the huge tree branch display, there was an empty spot where the chime has hung the night before. Distressed, I turned to leave. Then pivoted around to look again to be sure--because the shop had just opened. As I turned, my face came very close to one of the tree branches of the display. I moved my head back so as not to get poked in the face...then when I focused I saw the chime was hanging on the tip of the branch, just a couple of inches from my face. It had been moved from the center to the tip of a branch. Terrified, I ran out of the gift shop.

Once in my car, I texted Claire to tell her something happened the night before and my first thought was her. I asked her to call or text when she had a moment.

Since she was in between clients she responded right away. I told her something strange had happened and the first thought that came to my mind was her that it was about her. She didn't ask what happened, but asked where I was when it happened. I told her the location, and she knew exactly where the building was located. She started talking, "You know how the harbor road dead ends at the institute parking lot? But just before it ends, it forks off to the right."

She continued, "If you take the road to the right, it will take you to the top of the cliff. When I was a little girl, there was nothing up there. There was a fence along the cliff. There was a hole in the fence at the top of the cliff. The locals used to go through the hole to walk down to a private beach. We called it the Hole in the Fence. That was my mother's favorite beach. That's where she always took me as a child.

She asked what had happen; I told her about the wind chime. She asked me to describe the wind chime. I was so shook up all I could tell her was it was painted metal and round with a scroll like design in the center. She thought it all odd too, but couldn't figure out why this had anything to do with her.

When I returned home, my boyfriend asked if I bought the wind chime. I explained how it had been moved, how I was frightened and ran out. At that point he looked at me and he said, "I really feel you're suppose to give her that wind chime." He then drove to the gift shop and bought it.

At my next appointment, I handed Claire the bag and said, "I think I'm suppose to give this to you." She pulled the tissue wrapped chime from the bag, and folded the paper back. She then held up the wind chime and burst into tears.

She said, "You notice I always wear long sleeves." I nodded. She continued, "I have full sleeve tattoos on both arms. I wear long sleeves because this is a very conservative area and I don't want my clients to feel uncomfortable."

She then placed a hand on one wrist. "On this arm is a tribute to my mother. My mother killed herself when I was 11 years old. Even though I still had my dad, I felt so alone in this world after she died. I've never gotten over my mother's death."

She continued, "This tattoo symbolizes how my mother is represented to me on this earth. This is how my mother comes to me." She then pulled up her sleeve. The tattoo was an elegant scroll of leaves and vines. In the center of the scroll was a beautiful hummingbird. She then held up the wind chime. It was a a circle of leaves and vine in a scroll like design. In the center was a hummingbird.

She said, "Look around this salon and you will see I've placed hummingbirds all around as a symbol of my mother's spirit." I looked around, and sure enough, there was a tiny framed hummingbird on the table next to where I was standing.

She continued, "Before I opened this salon, I was working somewhere that was really a bad fit. I knew I needed to get my own place. I signed the lease here on a Friday. I spent the weekend getting the place in order to open my doors on Monday. So everything in here came from my house. So my house looks just like this. Chocolate brown is my favorite color. Everything here and in my home is chocolate brown.

She then held up the wind chime. It was painted metal. It was chocolate brown.

She looked at me, "This is a message from my mother."

Two years ago I moved 500 miles away. One day here not too long ago I was sitting in traffic on the two lane country road heading toward my house. I started thinking about these events. Trying to get my mind off it, I looked over at the little car air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror. It was in the shape of a blue dolphin. I tapped it's nose at set it in motion. Just then the traffic started to creep along. To my right the tall hedges hid the building behind it. As I approached the end of the hedgerow, the business sign came into view. In the center, was a hummingbird.

The first week of May 2017, I returned to the area on a business matter. While there I went to my favorite wilderness park to hike. The trail begins in a wooden canyon. About two miles in, the canyon floor opens into a clearing. As I walked through the canyon I kept thinking about Claire and how there must be some rational, logical explanation for it. I reached the clearing and walked some distance from the trees. For some reason I stopped on the trail and looked straight up. To my astonishment a hummingbird was hovering above me. I stood there staring at it while it stared st me. Suddenly it dove down and straight at me. When it was an arm's length from me, it veered right and flew back into the woods.

Later that week when I returned home, I was again thinking about Claire and the hummingbird on the trail. I live in a farm community. I was picking up debris in a pasture to take to the compost pile. I use a golf cart with a utility bed for these chores. While most of the paths on the property are dirt, the road to the compost pile is paved. Trees line each side of the paved road creating a canopy. As I drove to the compost pile, a hummingbird dove down from the canopy and hovered dead center above the road in front of me. I stopped the golf cart. The hummingbird just hovered there staring at me. It then turned and flew dead center straight down the road in front of me then disappeared.

"This is a message from my mother."
Thank you so much for this Beyondmortality. It has been VERY useful to me because I've experienced something similar though I haven't had the guts to share it here. Maybe I will one day --and if I do, it will be thanks to you. It is fair to say that sharing in a Forum like this, although it is difficult because this stuff can be very personal, can be a huge gift for those who will benefit from reading about our experiences; even if only one person does, it may still be enormously useful and significant for them.

As for synchronicities, I have been marinating in them for the past 3 or 4 years. A couple of people here who have now become friends (through "private conversations" -- another great feature of this Forum, which has helped me immensely in my quest for answers) could testify to this: I document everything with photos and other hard evidence, and it is my experience that syncs often end up "contaminating" the people you discuss them with, so that they, too, get directly "involved" and start experiencing syncs first hand. I joined this Forum precisely because I'd started getting bombarded by synchronicities (here my very first post on Skeptiko: http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threa...ce-prove-him-right-306.3106/page-6#post-87125)

Some people who experience syncs think they know what it is all about - strangely (to me), often they take it to mean that they are some kind of chosen people on a mission for God or something. Certainly, given that not everybody experiences this stuff, it's reasonable and even justified to feel somehow different or even "chosen" (but by whom?). However God is far from being "a fact" (moreover the concept of God is too subject to interpretation to have much use; should always be accompanied by a somewhat precise description of its supposed characteristic) and there could be multiple sources behind these kind of events, if this is some kind of shamanic universe, as I suspect. Also, it's easy to read exactly what one wants in syncs - their supposed messages may well be end up just being a projection of our wishes (this is a general consideration that does not apply to the story you shared here, whose interpretation is quite uncontroversial I would say)

It must feel good to have certainties. I do not have any, I only have "a working theory"; I am still searching and studying and analysing, and posts like yours are certainly very valuable for me. So thank you very much once again for sharing.

Do we know that this was a message from her mother, or was it from some spiritual being (with access to her memories etc) who wanted this lady to get this kind of consolation, and/or acquire a belief in the existence of a "spiritual dimension", in case she didn't have that belief? Impossible to tell. Both possibilities are uplifting, of course.

Thank you so much for this Beyondmortality. It has been VERY useful to me because I've experienced something similar though I haven't had the guts to share it here. Maybe I will one day --and if I do, it will be thanks to you. It is fair to say that sharing in a Forum like this, although it is difficult because this stuff can be very personal, can be a huge gift for those who will benefit from reading about our experiences; even if only one person does, it may still be enormously useful and significant for them.

As for synchronicities, I have been marinating in them for the past 3 or 4 years. A couple of people here who have now become friends (through "private conversations" -- another great feature of this Forum, which has helped me immensely in my quest for answers) could testify to this: I document everything with photos and other hard evidence, and it is my experience that syncs often end up "contaminating" the people you discuss them with, so that they, too, get directly "involved" and start experiencing syncs first hand. I joined this Forum precisely because I'd started getting bombarded by synchronicities (here my very first post on Skeptiko: http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threa...ce-prove-him-right-306.3106/page-6#post-87125)

Some people who experience syncs think they know what it is all about - strangely (to me), often they take it to mean that they are some kind of chosen people on a mission for God or something. Certainly, given that not everybody experiences this stuff, it's reasonable and even justified to feel somehow different or even "chosen" (but by whom?). However God is far from being "a fact" (moreover the concept of God is too subject to interpretation to have much use; should always be accompanied by a somewhat precise description of its supposed characteristic) and there could be multiple sources behind these kind of events, if this is some kind of shamanic universe, as I suspect. Also, it's easy to read exactly what one wants in syncs - their supposed messages may well be end up just being a projection of our wishes (this is a general consideration that does not apply to the story you shared here, whose interpretation is quite uncontroversial I would say)

It must feel good to have certainties. I do not have any, I only have "a working theory"; I am still searching and studying and analysing, and posts like yours are certainly very valuable for me. So thank you very much once again for sharing.

Do we know that this was a message from her mother, or was it from some spiritual being (with access to her memories etc) who wanted this lady to get this kind of consolation, and/or acquire a belief in the existence of a "spiritual dimension", in case she didn't have that belief? Impossible to tell. Both possibilities are uplifting, of course.

Hypermagda,

I do appreciate your thoughts here. I read your first post as well as some of the other comments from that thread.

Like you I was a skeptic. Despite exploring a number of organized religions (catholicism, Jehovah Witness, Mormonism, evangelical, and Pentecostal) nothing concerning god and an afterlife resonated with me--nothing sounded rational or even remotely plausible.

In college I took a lot of science and science based classes including general biology, human biology, human anatomy, medical terminology, and geology. I was convinced the conscious was nothing more than brain physiology, and it was just a matter of time before researchers identified the precise location in the brain where consciousness is generated. Accordingly, I believed death was a finality.

For years I used science to dismiss spiritual activity around me. But as these synchronistic events grew increasingly complex and beyond the explanation of science, I was forced to re-examine my beliefs.

I been extremely reluctant to discuss these events with others. About 15 yrs ago I made the mistake of discussing some of these things at length with my neurologist. I have a form of epilepsy so I see a neurologist on a regular basis. He referred me to a "specialist". Turned out she was a neuropsychiatrist. She decided I had some type of psychogenic non-epileptic seizures that manifested in disassociation, visual and auditory hallucinations. Simply put, she thought I was crazy.

After I read her report I thought it in my best interest to keep these things to myself. I know I'm not crazy. And I do not want my official medical records stating otherwise.

So I fell silent. Silence is a not only a form of isolation, but such inward solitude does nothing to bring about clarity and understanding. It's a confusing and lonely place.

It was by chance that I stumbled upon this forum. For several days I just read; I never registered or engaged, just read. It was like exhaling for the first time in years. An open space without judgment, without challenge/skepticism, and, more important to me, a place where I thought I could speak without fear of someone throwing a straitjacket on me and hauling me off to a mental institution. There are no definitive answers, but just knowing there's others out there who experience these phenomena eases a lot of the fear.

Regarding your question whether we know with certainty whether or not it was Claire's mother...I don't know. There is no way to know for certain who generated the message. When these things happen, I try to keep my response spontaneous. And that means accepting the information as it is presented to me then delivering it to the recipient just as clearly and unadulterated as it came to me. I truly believe it is not for me to interpret these visions/messages. It is not my message. I believe it is solely the recipient's prerogative to take any meaning, or none at all from it. It is only for me to convey what I saw.

About as far as I will go in expressing an opinion is when I perceive a feeling so deep that I cannot ignore it. Even then I clearly state that it is only a strong feeling that I got during the vision.

I also believe any judgment on my part could obstruct the flow of communication. Keeping an open mind is important since the symbols can be outright bizarre/baffling.

Last month I had a vision while driving into town. It started with an image of a plastic bear shaped bottle filled with honey. These plastic honey bear bottles are sold in grocery stores across America. In all honesty, my first reaction was "You can't be serious!"

But the image was hyper-clear, like an HD photo. When the images are that clear I've learned I cannot dismiss them. So I acknowledge it: "honey bear." Over the next 24 hours I received additional visions and communications. By the time it was done, i knew the recipient's name was Melissa and I would be able to confirm her identity by her childhood pet name of honey or honey bear. As is my habit I journaled the notes on my iPad notes app as I keep a record with time and date stamp.

Later that second day, the forces of synchronicity inspired me to write a random note at the bottom of an Internet forum post. That random note was not even directed to the person or on subject with that thread. I just had this intense feeling that I was suppose to write that note on that thread. After I wrote it, I deleted it. Then I got that intense feelings again that my odd note referencing Melissa was suppose to be on that thread. So I typed it again and posted it.

That post resulted in a woman contacting me through the site's private message feature. I knew it was the right Melissa when she told me her best friend calls her by the nickname "miel" which means "honey" in Spanish; and her immediate family, and only members of her immediate family, call her by the nickname "bear." I never told her I had and was using the pet childhood name to confirm the identity of the recipient.

And in a final twist of synchronicity, the name Melissa means "honey". The meaning is from Greek mythology. Melissa was the nymph who fed Zeus. Instead of feeding Zeus milk, Melissa fed him honey.

That seemingly silly image of a plastic honey bear bottle proved to be a critical symbol in confirming the identification of the intended recipient. So I try not to inject any of my interpretations or judgments into the process.

I do agree that conveying these messages can significantly impact others. While I have not had them trigger synchronistic events in others, it certainly has had an emotional impact on those involved. One case caused tension between my sister and I. The recipient is a friend of my sister. But my sister does not want me to meet her friend and convey this to her as she feels it would be very upsetting. While I understand my sister's concerns, I also believe the decision is not my sister's to make. I asked that she explain to her friend that I had a vision that I believe involves her deceased mother. Then allow her friend to make the decision as to whether or not to pursue it further.

In Claire's case she was extremely happy to receive what she interprets as a message from her mother. She was very open to everything. Shortly after we met, she brought up religion in conversation. I explained that I was an atheist. She told me that she was devoutly Christian even though she no longer attended the mega church in town. This particular church has approximately 20,000 people attended services their each week. As I was paying my bill she said it made her feel very sad to hear I was an atheist. She said she sensed something about me that she thought was very special. She said she sensed a very very deep spirituality around me. I brushed it off as a christian trying to plant the seeds of christianity in an atheist.

After I gave her the wind chime, she told me she was convinced that I had a special gift. Several times she encouraged me to go to some center down in the San Diego area where people work to develop their intuitive senses. So she was open to spiritual possibilities beyond traditional christianity.

But I do not believe this is a "gift"; I do not believe there's a god or some divine spirit out there selecting individuals to channel communications from the spirit world. I definitely agree that there are people out there who want so deeply to believe they have a "gift" that they create their own scenarios.

I really don't have any theories on why some of us experience more synchronistic events than others. "Why" is one of my three questions: what, who, why.

What is this? Is this life beyond the mortal body? Is it in anyway associated with a God? Or is there just some free wheeling spiritual world out there?

Who is it? Who sends these visions? Are they really people who have passed? Are they spirit guides? Are they imposters with some other ulterior motives? Are they dangerous? Are the spirit guides that I have seen and felt real?

Who am I? What does this make me?

Why are they communicating from the other side? Why through me and not directly to their families and friends?

These experiences demolished my structural reality, but leaves my new structural reality in a state so incomplete I'm not yet able to fully move in.

I'm only now certain that matter, space, and perception are not what I thought. Perception is not truth. Space is not a vacuum. Life is not the sum of its atoms. I'm certain life and beyond are all far more reaching and far more complex than the very limited form and space we inhabit during what we refer to as a lifetime.

I'm still an atheist. But atheism isn't synonymous with nihilism. For me it's simply means I have no concept of god. There's no logical reason why life cannot have intrinsic value, meaning, and purpose in the absence of a god. Further, the absence of a god construct does not discount life beyond mortality. Again, I see no rational reason why an omnipotent god is required for an afterlife--especially one who remains as absent, indifferent, and negligent as the one christians conjured up.

Last edited:
For some reason, a few days ago I got the sudden urge to write out / share this little synchronicity-set which has more or less been dropped from my memory - how appropriate there was an active thread here on the topic! :) Over more recent years, I struggle to recall clearly my synchronistic & other assorted "weird" experiences, perhaps because I have become rather blasé about them and hardly spend any time pondering over them, even whilst they're occurring.

But here's a weird one, perhaps somebody can shed some light on what this was all about! This plays out over about 12 years or so.....

I would say aged around 21ish, say around 1999 or 2000, I borrowed a book from our local library called "Soul Numerology" by Julie Gale. This was just one of several books I borrowed, and I had no real previous knowledge or deep interest in numerology, was just curious. Anyway, using the methods in the book, I translated both my name (cannot recall know whether I included my middle name) and birthdate into the "soul numbers" of the book, which were, mainly, 1 to 9 or 10. However, the author also has 2 "Master Numbers" (or something similar) which she says are rarer than the others. Those "Master Numbers" were 11 and 22. Rather remarkably, I thought, BOTH my full name (either inc. or exc. middle name "Singh", cannot recall now) and birth date come out as 11. So, my "soul numbers" were 11 11. Anyway, asides for the slight egotistic exhilaration I got at having two "master numbers", I quickly forgot about it. I wouldn't say I was entirely convinced about the "reality" of numerology ;)

Fast forward some 10ish years later, I all of a sudden, over a period of several days, started seeing the numbers "11 11" everywhere, in many different formats and contexts from multiple watches/clocks, to emails, receipts, shopping values, spreadsheets and even in random structures etc. I'm an extremely self-sceptical sort of person when it comes to these things and was wondering if I was not merely "looking out for" the 11 11s, but the sheer quantity and nature of them, in a very short space of time (this was less than a week) was really beginning to "freak me out" - it seemed way beyond random chance, and recalling them I still do believe it was something more than just chance, but who knows.....

I was sufficiently intrigued by these experiences, that I sat down and searched the internet for "11 11" - and up popped dozens of websites with people sharing the same experience! I was, at that point, quite fascinated and intrigued (spooked?) by this as it seemed there was something going on here - I had never heard of this seeing 11:11 or 22:22 or 12:12 everywhere before, it was an entirely new phenomena to me.

However, after a couple of days, my interest waned - as did the experiences. I still saw 11:11 frequently (and, actually, still to do this day)...but it seems like it may indeed be more like pattern seeking even if subconsciously (our bodies know the time quite accurately, not hard to imagine why I often look at the clock when it shows 11:11 nowadays)....but that period of a week of seeing 11:11 everywhere (and not just clocks) when I had no idea or clue about this phenomena I still maintain had a different, more "genuine feel" to it.....

Moving forward another couple of years, during the the Mayan 2012 prophecy debacles (which I had no interest or real knowledge about, generally quite sceptical of doomsday porn, or "vibrational shifts" etc, especially back then), I think it was reading something about Terrence McKenna's "timewave zero" theory, which also predicted some sort of global "shift" or singularity on 21st December 2012, the same date as the so-called Mayan 2012 prophecy, that somebody mentioned that the exact time for the winter solstice was 21st December 2012 at 11:11 GMT (the time zone I live in in London UK!). I quickly checked out the official time and it was indeed 11:11 ! Also, if you add up all the numbers in the date 21/12/2012, they add up to 11 too!! So, in somewhat numerological terms, timewave zero, the Mayan "end of time" was at 11:11!! :eek:

Now, as I say, I'm generally quite sceptical about "doomsday porn", but I have to say for a split second there, sat at my PC putting all these "11s" over the course of 12+ years together, I become slightly more open minded to the possibility there may be something to this "vibrational shift".

But, I soon forget about it. 2012 predictably came and went without incident. And though I still see 11:11s disproportionately, they don't have the same "weird" feel they had all those years back.

Now, if anyone has a coherent explanation for this I would be most grateful :)

PS, as I'm posting, I have to mention Dr Kirby Surprises's Synchronicity book - quite an interesting perspective he has on them. Though I'm not sure if it explains these experiences here, as I had no idea or interest in 11s until I put it all together many years later........

Last edited:
Back