Mod+ 230. Dr. David Jacobs Claims Academia Has Abrogated Responsibility to Investigate Alien Contact

Agreed. Also want to float this out there... pure speculation... and I don't care that it sounds conspiratorial... scratch that... I like that it sounds conspiratorial (it is my experience that everything involving a lot of money or power has a strong conspiratorial aspect to it)... anyway, what if our gov has knowledge of the abduction phenomena (almost certainly true)... and what if they know a lot more than we do re purpose/agenda (no idea whether it's true).

Since they have been shown to be interested in the "information shaping" game, what would they want the abduction message to be. Would they lean toward the fear/threat message, or the spiritual transformation message? Again, no idea if this is at play here, but kinda interesting to think about.

Moreover, I can't buy the idea that abductions are all about love and light... but don't discount that some of them may be. As you say... a labyrinth :)
Absolutely, just like spiritual experiences are not all love and light... from hellish NDEs to bad encounters through a ouja board or those rare but inexplicable cases of spirit possession.

The metaphor I keep using over and over is that of several aliens coming to our planet and landing in different places, from an African country in the middle of a civil war to a peaceful village in the Alps of Switzerland. When they get back home they would argue for days about their contrasting experiences, none of which would represent the full picture.

Absolutely, just like spiritual experiences are not all love and light... from hellish NDEs to bad encounters through a ouja board or those rare but inexplicable cases of spirit possession.

The metaphor I keep using over and over is that of several aliens coming to our planet and landing in different places, from an African country in the middle of a civil war to a peaceful village in the Alps of Switzerland. When they get back home they would argue for days about their contrasting experiences, none of which would represent the full picture.

agreed... add to this the possibility that they are no more advanced from us than we are from the next undiscovered tribe we find in the Amazon.

Agreed. Also want to float this out there... pure speculation... and I don't care that it sounds conspiratorial... scratch that... I like that it sounds conspiratorial (it is my experience that everything involving a lot of money or power has a strong conspiratorial aspect to it)... anyway, what if our gov has knowledge of the abduction phenomena (almost certainly true)... and what if they know a lot more than we do re purpose/agenda (no idea whether it's true).

Since they have been shown to be interested in the "information shaping" game, what would they want the abduction message to be. Would they lean toward the fear/threat message, or the spiritual transformation message? Again, no idea if this is at play here, but kinda interesting to think about.

Moreover, I can't buy the idea that abductions are all about love and light... but don't discount that some of them may be. As you say... a labyrinth :)

I think hands down the powers that be would prefer a hostile threatening alien presence. Like Chomsky said: the 9/11 attack empowered every authoritarian regime on the planet and I would say this includes the media as well. What’s the percentage of close encounters type movies to the Fourth of July?

What’s the percentage of close encounters type movies to the Fourth of July?
OK Larry, here's the data, now go to work and do the math: ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_extraterrestrials

In the 1950s (and I've seen quite a few of those), most of them were pretty apocalyptic (aliens code for Communists, danger of nuclear war, danger of radiation): Invaders from Mars, War of the Worlds, Earth vs. The Flying Saucers, The Thing from Another World, Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951) stands out as a memorable, very positive-alien exception (a Christ-like alien sent here to give humans a message of peace and warn humans of the danger of nuclear war).

In the modern era, offhand, I can think of more than just a few that feature positive aliens: Close Encounters, E.T., Contact, Cocoon, Starman, The Abyss.

Btw, I know a lot of folks go from "these movies have certain tropes" to "therefore UFO narratives are modeled on those tropes". I don't buy it as an overall explanation. Too simplistic. I think it's very possible that there's a happy (or unhappy) coincidence there.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Jacob's is a very competent, sober researcher. His dogged Dragnet-like approach of pursuing just the 'facts' paints a no nonsense summary of the abduction phenomenon, which has helped create a nice launching point for further research. Where he tends to lose me, however, is in his tendency to project his monochromatic thinking on the topic into domains that do not apply. He seems quick to limit the implications of just about everything that truly complicates the subject, such as memory, consciousness, neurobiology, spirituality, alternative and transformative states, and on down the line. In doing this he implicitly dismisses the expertise of the fields associated as well (such as clinical hypnosis, and the transpersonal ideas of Harvard psychiatrist Dr. John Mack) -however usually in honor of his devotion to "following the research". Can you do this and still effectively differentiate the abductee narrative from the problem the phenomenon poses to our understanding of reality and mind? He seems to imply this isn't necessary. This rigidity comes off like a sailor mistaking his understanding of navigation as an understanding of the ocean itself. There's a topography to report with the alien abduction narrative, but a deep chasm of mysteries to penetrate in the contradictions of these experiences as well. Much like the UFO phenomenon, there is little quantifiable physical data to report after 40 years of research -perhaps reported and documented but still anecdotal. It's been nearly half a century of research and still no room for or consideration of a non-material hypothesis. Perhaps the resistance has been earned in the relationships he's developed working with abductees over these past years -however this compounded psychological complexity might suggest a greater need for a fresh perspective and clinical expertise.

This rigidity comes off like a sailor mistaking his understanding of navigation as an understanding of the ocean itself. There's a topography to report with the alien abduction narrative, but a deep chasm of mysteries to penetrate in the contradictions of these experiences as well.

will be interesting to here what you and others make part two and the refrain I've so often heard, "I'm not against it (i.e. spirituality) I just didn't see it".

will be interesting to here what you and others make part two and the refrain I've so often heard, "I'm not against it (i.e. spirituality) I just didn't see it".
I hope you don't make us wait much longer, Alex! I'm very curious as to how all this will go. :)

Yes, I believe he's not to be trusted. I made transcripts for a couple of Emma Woods' audio files that weren't included in my original posts about him. The leading is really blatant in the first, as is planting a suggestion in the second.

Doug, thank you for the well researched posts on this issue. It is much appreciated.

Reactions: K9!
Until it is understood that we create co-create our physical reality from prior agreements and application of free will, driven by the Higher Mind-Self, we will not apply the ET intervention appropriately. Neither Jacobs nor much of anyone else in exopolitics, in ufology, in the study of the ET taking, has yet to arrive at this critical juncture so they wander about wondering about reasons, methodologies and other such decorations and miss the genetic consequences and the importance of this scheme which is primarily experiential in its nature.

As an Adviser to FREE, I am surprised that interviewer appears to be unaware of this.

experiencer.co
Well said and I agree. I believe the abduction issue is less about a problem to solve and more about humanity's growing awareness of its multidimensional nature.

David Jacobs' latest book is now available on Amazon:

Walking Among Us: The Alien Plan to Control Humanity

Here's the blurb:

In his 1998 book, The Threat, Jacobs uncovered disconcerting reports about aliens' plans for the future of Earth. He reported that a "change" is coming; a future when very human-like hybrids would intermingle with humans in everyday life. "Soon we will all be together," the aliens said. "Soon everyone will be happy and everyone will know his place."

This book examines a disturbing phenomenon that Jacobs began noticing in 2003. The alien integration action plan has kicked into high gear.The incidents of alien abductions have accelerated as have occurrences of alien involvement in everyday human life. A silent and insidious invasion has begun. Alien hybrids have moved into your neighborhood and into your workplace. They have been trained by human abductees to "pass," to blend in to society, to appear as normal as your next door neighbor.

This book illustrates in detail the process of alien integration into society and the strategy and support structure that has been developed to make this happen seamlessly. While he is not certain why they are doing it, the final chapter of the book will provide some chilling possible answers as to why they are here and what they want to accomplish.

Jacobs is a careful researcher who has investigated more than 1150 abduction events experienced by more than 150 abductees. This book focuses on the experiences of thirteen abductees.

Doug

In his new book, David Jacobs writes:

One of the critical aspects of the abduction phenomenon is that abductees all say the same thing about what is happening to them, even though they do not share knowledge of each others’ experiences.

If only it were true that Jacobs' subjects don't share knowledge of each others' experiences, it might lend some credibility to the bold assertions that his alien abduction research is rigorously scientific. Unfortunately for him, he's been caught in another lie, as Emma Woods reveals in her stunning review of his book:

Subjects Aware of Testimony

Using short clips from recorded hypnosis sessions (dating from late 2004 to early 2007), Emma proves that Jacobs often shared with her important details of other research subjects' accounts. In addition, she shows that Jacobs held group meetings with his subjects, during which he shared and discussed details of their accounts. He also had his subjects transcribe each other's hypnosis sessions! If these questionable activities don't richly demonstrate an aversion on Jacobs' part to proper research methods, I don't know what does.

How could any honest and competent researcher possibly engage in such practices? Aside from ethical considerations, the reason for maintaining strict privacy of research subjects' accounts is to prevent contamination of the data. Subjects should have no prior knowledge of other subjects' experiences, lest it be unconsciously used to confabulate similar experiences under hypnosis. Moreover, subjects involved in a program of hypnotic regressions should have no knowledge of or contact with other subjects whatsoever.

From the information Emma Woods has provided on her sites (the old one is here), it looks like David Jacobs left no stone unturned in manipulating not only Emma, but other hypnotized research subjects of his into delivering the narrative he desired. It is therefore no surprise that he succeeded in obtaining similar experiences from them.

Doug

Noted microbiologist Tyler Kokjohn has written an in-depth critical review of Jacobs' new book:

David Jacobs Wants Scientists To Take His Work Seriously. A Scientist Does Just That.

This new book by Dr. Jacobs reports his recent findings regarding the alien abduction phenomenon. Extending the themes he developed and published over an almost 30 year career in abduction work, both the material as well as some prominently featured abductee testimony will probably seem familiar to some readers.

Picking up essentially where his last book, The Threat, ended, Dr. Jacobs dives in with a briefly sketched background providing sparse citations to help any readers new to the topic acquire a broader perspective. The new book is not a scientific treatise; his analyses and conclusions are insufficiently detailed, uncorroborated and based on erroneous approaches. The descriptions of methodology are likewise perfunctory, often little more than reassurances to readers regarding his knowledge and superb skills at rooting out the truth behind the alien abduction mystery. Revolving around Dr. Jacobs so tightly, the book leaves an overall impression of him as an isolated, arrogant investigator dismissive of the ideas of others and disinterested in exploring new opportunities.

The review consists of sections corresponding to several troubling aspects of Jacobs' research:

The Limitations of Anecdotal Evidence
Subject Selection and Evidence Evaluation
Dealing with the Confabulation Problem
Testimony Cross-Contamination
Archaic Approaches and Unacknowledged Revolutions

In the final section, Kokjohn focuses on seldom-discussed (among alien abduction researchers) methods for scientifically verifying the claims of the hybrid breeding program. That Jacobs and other AA researchers seem to be unaware of such methods shows the extent to which they're out of touch with reality -- or wish to avoid dealing with it:

In addition to revealing the fallibility of human memory, the extraordinary advances in genetic analysis technology offer a potential to corroborate critical aspects of several now longstanding claims of Dr. Jacobs. For example, pregnancies, even those terminated early, leave genetic traces in the mother that might remain detectable for years or decades after the events. That means abductees who reported missing pregnancies might still harbor viable cells from human-alien hybrids. Presumably, Dr. Jacobs could still contact some of these subjects to see if they are willing to be tested.

Readers will notice that additional obvious opportunities to locate and test forensic evidence were overlooked by Dr. Jacobs without any comment.
[...]
Much has changed in the world since Dr. Jacobs first began his investigation of the alien abduction mystery. Revolutions in genetic analyses techniques have shaken our entire criminal justice system and are now transforming the practice of medicine. Science is a building enterprise and with new discoveries often heralded by development of new technologies, scientists are constantly on the lookout for new tools. However, Dr. Jacobs was totally silent on the revolutionary technologies that could corroborate his anecdotes with objective evidence, a telling oversight and an insult to the intelligence of his audience. While technological revolutions change the entire world, Dr. Jacobs persists in spinning the same uncorroborated tales of fantasy.

Doug

Last edited:
Somewhat topical question: Does anyone know of any alien abduction cases where the abductee(s) experienced the scenario as part of "normal" experience, like if an anglo kid from money was kidnapped and held for ransom by a gang of ruthless equatorial-dwelling central americans? Basically a case without all the the lost time, memory erasing and later hypnoregressing? I'm thinking the Travis Walton tractor light beam/saucer-sucking incident might have been one such case, but I'm not sure.

Jacob's recent interview on MU was actually pretty good. The stories of the clueless hubrids are interesting. Entertaining if nothing else.

I envy you. That sounds like a real feast for the imagination. Unfortunately for me, Ms. Woods destroyed any chance I'd ever have of following the crazy exploits of those clueless hubrids. That's why I'm searching for other tales. Standard UFO and alien experiences aren't giving me the pleasure they used to. I'm always on the prowl for bigger and better UFO meat.

Jacob's recent interview on MU was actually pretty good. The stories of the clueless hubrids are interesting. Entertaining if nothing else.
I'll definitely pick up the book at some point - just because I'm curious. I remember in that interview with Alex he did last year he also said he'd be putting a book out on abduction research methodology along with this new one. I wonder if it will answer the questions that review that Trancestate posted raised.

Back