Andy Paquette, Mask Science, Big Lie? |523|

Happy to look at other data, but those figures feel about right, not too outrageous.
"Feels right"

You're not the only one to use that phrase in this thread.

Ultimately analysis, statistics, experiment methodology are all irrelevant because no one cares. They go with what feels right based on their priors, biases, etc.

Junk food chains are enormously popular because most people like junk. They can't tell the difference between junk and quality - if they do recognize the difference, they prefer the junk anyhow.

I understand fact as a specific statement about the actual state of events based on verifiable empirical evidence.

For example, the symmetrical horizontal free fall of the WTC7 is a fact, one that can be easily verified by anyone interested. This is a fact that, along with many other verifiable facts, is absolutely incompatible with the theory postulating spontaneous fall because of the fires, yet fully compatible with the theory postulating controlled demolition via thermite.

And empty, fervently emotional, faith-based, ad hominem diatribes is all what you have against it, Eric. You can't produce a detailed, specific refutation to the fact-based contolled demolition theory.

I think, I should leave you alone on this topic. There is no point to debate an ardent devotee.
My opinion is that this topic is a distraction, so you may as well take it somewhere else; the entire topic, not just one person's view of it. Start a thread in one of the other sections.

Neither of my houses is made of glass. My city apartment is made of metal and concrete; even windows are made of plastic, rather than of glass. My dacha - beyond city limits, far from the main road, at the ege of the forest, with the lake nearby - is built of wood, with windows, again, being plastic.

Oh, and if you refer to my anarchism... ;) I think, I should answer to you recurrent request to point to a large-scale anarchist society. My answer is: in the current moment of history, there are no such societies; and all anarchic societies that existed historically were small-scale. But if you want to use it as an argument against my position, you fail: I'm a genuine progressive - not a regressive deceptively wearing the mantle of "progress", like a snowflake wokester or a scientism adherent. This means, I argue for the people choosing something that does not exist in the moment (if I did, it would be conservatism), neither something that existed in the past (then it would be regress / reaction), but something that may exist in the future - and will exist, if we ourselves actualise it with our own willful decisions and actions.

Such was the position of democratic revolutionaries of 16th - 20th centuries, like the participants of the Dutch, English, American and French Revolutions (to a lesser degree, also Russian, German, Austrian and Chinese Revolutions). They had no example of a large-scale democratic society before; all they had as examples were small Ancient Greek polises or the early Roman Republic. Yet, they tried to create something radically novel, something that was not created before - and they succeeded... well, more or less.

The anarchism is for the 21st century, what democracy was for 16th - 20th centuries: a radical novelty, a societal-scale creative project aiming to actualise what was not yet actualised. The creative project of democracy was relatively successful; the time for a new one came today.
Appreciate the response. A conversation for another time would be how your vision of anarchism might actualize and how it might sustain itself over time. Obviously, this isn't the thread for such a discussion. ;)

My opinion is that this topic is a distraction, so you may as well take it somewhere else; the entire topic, not just one person's view of it. Start a thread in one of the other sections.

I have ended with this topic, for now. Definitely I won't derail this mask-related thread with this off-topic stuff anymore.

Back to the masks and their proven (for a bit more than a century already) uselessness.

So you keep her away from cats and coffee, but an experimental gene therapy is ok?

It's not "experimental gene therapy". That tells me that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the mRNA vaccines work. Yes, we know that the vaccines are safe. Far from being untested, hundreds of millions of people have taken the vaccine, all different ages from all walks of life, with virtually no negative effects. That's reality.

Sadly, there are were two anti-vaxxers in my family. A husband and wife pair. One of them died two weeks ago after spending four days on a ventilator in the ICU. My biggest regret is not doing more to fight the disinformation that lead to her death. She was in her 40's for crying out loud.

The vaccine could have easily saved her life. We have the data. Vaccines work. This is indisputable. Even if you're so far gone that you can't believe that, it's obvious that sensible precautions could have easily prevented her from contracting the disease in the first place. She listened to online conspiracy nonsense and did nothing to protect herself. She went about her life like everything was normal, participating in any number of unsafe social events from motorcycle rallies to nights out at a local social club.

This is Skeptiko. We're supposed to follow the data wherever it leads. It's long past time to update your beliefs in light of new evidence and stop spreading the lies that are getting the people like my aunt killed.

I have ended with this topic, for now. Definitely I won't derail this mask-related thread with this off-topic stuff anymore.

Back to the masks and their proven (for a bit more than a century already) uselessness.

Let's get real. When you're in the OR, do you want the surgical team to wear masks or would you be okay if they went without?

It's long past time to update your beliefs in light of new evidence and stop spreading the lies that are getting the people like my aunt killed.
Fascinating. The world bifurcates before our eyes. (I hope she got state of the art medicine like Zelenko's protocol. And not Remde$ivir.) Regardless, I am sorry for your loss.

Doctors.inc is so discredited at this point. I am following the data. I challenge/change/update my beliefs often. Thanks alot to the Skeptiko journey. Can you point out anything unreasonable in the videos I posted previously? I especially like the Peter Breggin interview. You cant challenge his credentials, or his authenticity. VIDEO LINK

I will concede the point that long term dna damage is probably very small. How is mrna injection not [rna] genetic hijacking? And uh, how is it not experimental?

Last edited:
Let's get real. When you're in the OR, do you want the surgical team to wear masks or would you be okay if they went without?
I heard on the internets that some hospital ORs in UK didn't use masks. What they did was not talk. It was even more important than masks. But we cant have nice things like nuanced discussion with you koolaid drinkers breaking everything.

Last edited:
Sadly, there are were two anti-vaxxers in my family. A husband and wife pair. One of them died two weeks ago after spending four days on a ventilator in the ICU.
Sounds like "death by ventilator". Nurses and doctors have come forward to talk about how ventilators kill people, not whatever put them on the ventilator in the first place. One nurse went on the record saying that the only person in her (NYC) hospital that survived the ventilator was so high on drugs, that their anesthesia didn't work and he was able to manually remove the ventilator tube while no one was looking.

It's not "experimental gene therapy". That tells me that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the mRNA vaccines work. Yes, we know that the vaccines are safe. Far from being untested, hundreds of millions of people have taken the vaccine, all different ages from all walks of life, with virtually no negative effects. That's reality.

The vaccine could have easily saved her life. We have the data. Vaccines work. This is indisputable. Even if you're so far gone that you can't believe that, it's obvious that sensible precautions could have easily prevented her from contracting the disease in the first place. She listened to online conspiracy nonsense and did nothing to protect herself. She went about her life like everything was normal, participating in any number of unsafe social events from motorcycle rallies to nights out at a local social club.

This is Skeptiko. We're supposed to follow the data wherever it leads. It's long past time to update your beliefs in light of new evidence and stop spreading the lies that are getting the people like my aunt killed.
If you had taken your relative off the killer ventilator, she might have survived also.

As for claims about the safety of the vaccine, you're wrong, period. As of around a month ago, the number of deaths connected to the vaccines in the US was enough to make it the 15th leading cause of death in the country. The leading cause is heart disease, at 0.221% of the population. All causes of death combined was something like 0.867% (less than 1%). So the people claiming safety on the basis that the vaccines don't kill the majority of people getting jabbed are using a false criteria for safety. "Safe" doesn't mean "most people who are jabbed survive", it means, "it doesn't kill anyone, nor does it injure or cripple them." With 16,000 deaths and counting, and 40,000 life-altering permanent injuries (and counting), this is not "safe".

Last edited:

Based on one British study, they had fewer infections over a six month period by not wearing masks. On that basis, it seems to me you are better off if they don't wear masks.

As for me, I have no intention of seeing any pro-vax doctor for anything, or visiting a doctor, until all of this foolishness is over. Until proven otherwise, my assumption is that every person who has recommended vaccination is guilty of conspiracy to assault. Those who have administered these shots are guilty of assault at minimum, murder in the cases of death. This is true even if it is not apparent if injury took place. The reason is because they didn't give informed consent. Like statutory rape, without informed consent, there is no consent. Meaning, it is assault. I look forward to the civil and criminal penalties that will be levied against that group when the facts about this become more widely known.

I no longer look at doctors as healers or trustworthy. They have lost all credibility in my eyes by going along with this lie. There was a time when I was tempted to go for an MD, and then later when I wished I had after getting my PhD. Now, I'm glad there isn't an MD after my name.

Vax and Masks. It really is this simple.
  • Level 0 - Ignorance
    • Vax: Safe and Effective, VAERS what?
    • Masks: Wear them you selfish bastard
  • Level 1 - Arrogance
    • Vax: Its only 16000 dead. That is like 0%.
    • Masks: You are still selfish but maybe it is fucking up kids interpersonal lives.
  • Level 2 - Anxiety
    • Vax: I just read the harvard study. 16000 * (10 or 100) deaths. OMG.
    • Masks: This mask is setting a scary precedent and whats growing on my mask?
  • Level 3 - Acceptance
    • Vax: Zombie apocalypse or rapture next, not sure which. (but don't worry the lionmaker simulation loves you)
    • Masks: Take this mask and shove it.

Last edited:
Yes, I am. Because that is the truth as I see it. I call it as I see it, regardless of your feelings.

Truth?! Nonsense! You don't know the first thing about truth! You have no actual knowledge. All you have are a pile of lies and insane conspiracy theories that make you feel important. Like you're smarter than the worlds experts!

The fact is that sick people like you are killing people to feed your own damn egos! How DARE YOU suggest that giving her the best medical care available is what killed her! She died from the damn virus because sick people like you told her lies!

You're disgusting. You're killing innocent people! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Back