Andy Paquette, Precognitive Dreams |583|

Alex

Administrator
Andy Paquette, Precognitive Dreams |583|
by Alex Tsakiris | Feb 17 | Parapsychology
Tweet
Dr. Andy Paquette… peer-reviewed precognitive dreams… world-class graphic artist… mystic.
skeptiko-583-andy-paquette-dreams-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
Is God an AI?
By definition, no. A=artificial=artifice=created. Traditional concept of God is as the self-existent creator. But could reality be a torus with everything looping back around so the top of the hierarchy touches the bottom and there really is no “top” just a vanishing point or horizon from our perspective which will always be in the middle? Maybe.

Is God ET?
Again by definition, no.

But…

Are “the gods” AI and/or ET?

The next layer of reality in the nested structure of reality could be an artifice analogous to the way our sims and AI are a layer of reality created within ours.

I had a dream Tuesday morning that my 3.5 year old was running around playing with a flaming lighter. It woke me up such that I ran out into the living room to make sure he wasn’t about to light the house on fire. That evening my wife came home with some sparklers to light up for Valentines.. and while nothing bad happened it was nevertheless very stressful to watch him waving a flame around… backwards causation? Feeling the future?

Alex: who gave you the access codes?

Don’t you see you’re using language compatible with sim hypothesis?

Every agent (spirit) has a stored profile (soul) with UID (name or DNA code) that communicates with body via encrypted SSL link.

This episode is one I will listen to many times. I totally get why Alex decided to break it into it's own episode. I look forward to commenting on subject material after another listen or two. And I hope we get more interviews of Andy P like ASAP. Bravo!

Reactions: Kim
That was an excellent interview, for me I see no reason not to accept that Andy is the real deal. I cant imagine a financial motive, and if anything he is at pains to try and silo his activities to avoid any links to his graphic work.
If I want to reference him in any discussions with academics I would like to fight fire with fire and hit them with peer reviewed material.
I found a good resource at the open access Journal for Scientific exploration https://journalofscientificexploration.org/index.php/jse

Can Andy or anyone point me to the most compelling paper/study that confirms his abilities ( short of reading Dreamer: 20 years of psychic dreams and how they changed my life )

Wonderful stuff, Andy! I've been exploring Michael Sheridan's dream dictionary & his online recordings of the dream interpretations of others. Are you familiar w/ Sheridan? Are there books or authors that you'd recommend that I explore?

Wonderful stuff, Andy! I've been exploring Michael Sheridan's dream dictionary & his online recordings of the dream interpretations of others. Are you familiar w/ Sheridan? Are there books or authors that you'd recommend that I explore?
On the subject of dreams, it depends what subcategory you are interested in. I don't like most of the books I've seen on dreams because they are written by people who don't understand the subject very well. The interesting material I've found tends to be incidental to some other subject, like Dr. Ian Stevenson's work on reincarnation. He occasionally mentions dreams experienced by children who claim to remember a past life, or people related to the case. Those can be very interesting and have merit as evidence.

I've written a number of peer-reviewed articles on aspects of dreaming that are all publicly available on either academia.com or researchgate.net. If you go to Research Gate, be aware that my 6 articles on dreams are buried by my 58 other articles on computer graphics and a couple on the development of expertise, so you'll have to look for them.

I'm not that interested in dream dictionaries, which are essentially symbol libraries, because I disagree that symbols are common or that they have common interpretations. I wrote an article about it. If you want to see my argument, it is here.

Dr. David Ryback wrote the book, Dreams that come true. At the time I first read it, it was very interesting. Since then, I wrote my own book, and prefer it to Ryback's. The principal reason is that Ryback, like other authors, have an "outside looking in" perspective that makes it difficult to discuss or understand the dreams they are writing about.

I have read some interesting peer-reviewed articles, quite a lot of them, on various aspects of dreaming. These range from ethnographic studies of dreams in tribal societies, the impact of dreams on religion, studies on dream telepathy by Stanley Krippner, and even a paper Stevenson wrote on dreams in the context of his reincarnation studies.

I've read a number of science-oriented books on psi by authors like Charles Tart, Dean Radin, and Rupert Sheldrake. They rarely touch on dreams in any depth and can be dry for readers who don't enjoy looking at tables or seeing interesting dream content reduced to numbers but they are all good authors. The literature of Near Death Experiences (NDE) and Out of Body (OOB) experiences sometimes overlap with dreams, though not a lot.

The most interesting dreams I've ever read about are either biblical or were experienced in a religious context, such as a student in India dreaming of his guru, or a 16th century monk dreaming of anything from a spiritual topic to something newsworthy from the time period.

Thank you for the conversation Andy and Alex,

One thing that comes to mind - a point I’ve made before on here - is that I think our sense of what is possible in an NDE can be too easily influenced by a tiny number of cases. This opens us up to fraud.

I’ll elaborate.

We may accept the validity of NDEs for a variety of evidential reasons. After doing so, we may listen to anecdotal accounts for both the wisdom they contain and what they can tell us about a world beyond this one.

Given that there are thousands and thousands of accounts, and given that human nature is what it is, it is inevitable that some of those accounts will be fraudulent. This is inescapable.

As long as these fraudulent accounts remain a) small in number, and b) comport with the majority of accurate accounts, they will not unduly influence our view of NDEs.

There is a large fundamentalist Christian movement which perennialist NDEs pose a direct threat to - both ideologically and financially. This movement then has a substantial incentive to produce accounts of theologically exclusive NDEs.

Given the combination of these two factors (human dishonesty and incentives), we should expect to see theologically exclusive NDE accounts - irrespective of whether such things really occur or not.

My problem is that the number of Hellish NDEs is estimated to be around one percent of the total (I haven’t checked this number in a while). Not all of them are theologically exclusive. How many theologically exclusive NDEs are there then? If the number is absolutely tiny, then our whole concept of NDEs is being disproportionately shaped by these tiny numbers of accounts. Do they rise above the number that might be expected to exist through fraud (whatever that is)?

To give an analogy: if Scientologists suddenly started reporting theologically exclusive NDEs which confirmed a Scientology worldview, this could tell us something about consciousness, or it could tell us that Scientology is a cult prepared to commit fraud.

Something else that’s been on my mind recently, that’s relevant to this interview:

I recently interviewed a philosophy professor on the metaphysical questions the issue of transgender brings up. It essentially implies a dualism where a self occupies a body (the wrong one, in this case).

This is a common way of thinking in spiritual circles and is implied through NDE literature. The way people describe NDEs, their body falls away with very little consequence. The absence of eyes does not prevent them from seeing their body on the operating table - which raises the question - what do we need eyes for the rest of the time?

It seems to me though that the problem is much worse than that. When I spend time with family, I feel a physical connection to them. I notice we share psychological traits. Who ‘I’ am, on the level of my personality, seems to be largely arising from my physical/genetic being, and yet it remains in the absence of that being.

Thai would make sense if the afterlife was some kind of dream created in this world (Tim Freke embraces some version of this). This view seems to create more problems than it resolves however.

The problem gets worse if you go into mediumship. Alex did an interview a couple of years ago, where a team of spirits were working on contact from their side. The team included Albert Einstein (of course). Are we then forced to conclude that Einstein’s intelligence had nothing to do with his brain, it was his soul that contained his genius? And in the absence of his body is he still a ‘he’?

I am met with contradictions I am unable to resolve.

Something else that’s been on my mind recently, that’s relevant to this interview:

I recently interviewed a philosophy professor on the metaphysical questions the issue of transgender brings up. It essentially implies a dualism where a self occupies a body (the wrong one, in this case).

This is a common way of thinking in spiritual circles and is implied through NDE literature. The way people describe NDEs, their body falls away with very little consequence. The absence of eyes does not prevent them from seeing their body on the operating table - which raises the question - what do we need eyes for the rest of the time?

It seems to me though that the problem is much worse than that. When I spend time with family, I feel a physical connection to them. I notice we share psychological traits. Who ‘I’ am, on the level of my personality, seems to be largely arising from my physical/genetic being, and yet it remains in the absence of that being.

Thai would make sense if the afterlife was some kind of dream created in this world (Tim Freke embraces some version of this). This view seems to create more problems than it resolves however.

The problem gets worse if you go into mediumship. Alex did an interview a couple of years ago, where a team of spirits were working on contact from their side. The team included Albert Einstein (of course). Are we then forced to conclude that Einstein’s intelligence had nothing to do with his brain, it was his soul that contained his genius? And in the absence of his body is he still a ‘he’?

I am met with contradictions I am unable to resolve.

I'm not totally clear on your point, if you have more questions than those I've extracted below could you state them explicitly?

The absence of eyes does not prevent them from seeing their body on the operating table - which raises the question - what do we need eyes for the rest of the time?

Being limited to the bodily senses while incarnated provides us with a physical experience - something that cannot be had in the spirit realm. The purpose of a physical experience is to learn and develop the spirit - develop traits like compassion, wisdom, unselfishness, forgiveness. In the spirit realm there is always mutual understanding, there are no lack of resources (food, clothing, housing, medicine), etc. As a spirit you can't have the same kinds of problems you have as an incarnated person - and we learn best by solving problems so the physical world helps us to learn certain things.

Are we then forced to conclude that Einstein’s intelligence had nothing to do with his brain, it was his soul that contained his genius?

It was a combination. If a genius spirit was incarnated in a body with a defective brain he could be unintelligent as an incarnated person. Similarly a relative new spirit could have higher intelligence during incarnation if he was incarnated in a body with a more intelligent brain - it could explain a person with a high IQ who makes poor life choices - a smart person doing dumb things.

And in the absence of his body is he still a ‘he’?
The personalities of previous lives are preserved in the spirit, so the spirit is not necessarily a "he" but the personality is. It's like a human could act like a child, a teenager, a college student, a middle aged person or a senior citizen. His past is not erased even though it is past - or he could choose a combination of traits and characteristics from different periods in his past - an older person has more too choose from and has more options.

Alex,

The heading at the top of this podcast doesn't connect anywhere - it should go to the main Skeptiko website. That makes the audio of the interview inaccessible.

David

On the subject of dreams, it depends what subcategory you are interested in. I don't like most of the books I've seen on dreams because they are written by people who don't understand the subject very well. The interesting material I've found tends to be incidental to some other subject, like Dr. Ian Stevenson's work on reincarnation. He occasionally mentions dreams experienced by children who claim to remember a past life, or people related to the case. Those can be very interesting and have merit as evidence.

I've written a number of peer-reviewed articles on aspects of dreaming that are all publicly available on either academia.com or researchgate.net. If you go to Research Gate, be aware that my 6 articles on dreams are buried by my 58 other articles on computer graphics and a couple on the development of expertise, so you'll have to look for them.

I'm not that interested in dream dictionaries, which are essentially symbol libraries, because I disagree that symbols are common or that they have common interpretations. I wrote an article about it. If you want to see my argument, it is here.

Dr. David Ryback wrote the book, Dreams that come true. At the time I first read it, it was very interesting. Since then, I wrote my own book, and prefer it to Ryback's. The principal reason is that Ryback, like other authors, have an "outside looking in" perspective that makes it difficult to discuss or understand the dreams they are writing about.

I have read some interesting peer-reviewed articles, quite a lot of them, on various aspects of dreaming. These range from ethnographic studies of dreams in tribal societies, the impact of dreams on religion, studies on dream telepathy by Stanley Krippner, and even a paper Stevenson wrote on dreams in the context of his reincarnation studies.

I've read a number of science-oriented books on psi by authors like Charles Tart, Dean Radin, and Rupert Sheldrake. They rarely touch on dreams in any depth and can be dry for readers who don't enjoy looking at tables or seeing interesting dream content reduced to numbers but they are all good authors. The literature of Near Death Experiences (NDE) and Out of Body (OOB) experiences sometimes overlap with dreams, though not a lot.

The most interesting dreams I've ever read about are either biblical or were experienced in a religious context, such as a student in India dreaming of his guru, or a 16th century monk dreaming of anything from a spiritual topic to something newsworthy from the time period.

Some would say that dreams are the doorway to our souls, but rather, the enlightened would say.....what is a doorway? Loved your discussion with Alex, Andrew!

I have had prophetic dreams as well. I don't have time to write about all of them, here, right now, because I am a wage slave. Nevertheless, I will illicit one.

In my somewhat reckless, yet post perfectly projected paradigm of a youth, I ended up in New York City. Yes, I was was rolling dice with my life, being a California kid that threw himself in the middle of Gotham City without any money or recourse otherwise.

Fortunately, the woman that purchased my time took me to the World Trade Center(s). I grew up in the San Francisco bay area suburbs. When I went to San Francisco, I was amazed by those structures....but the Twin Towers.....HOLY FUCK! I remember laying down on a cement bench between them, and just staring in absolute awe at the immensity of these structures. Somewhat off topic, but I also clearly remember that the windows had a diamond shape to them. I think it had more to do with the structure of the exoskeleton of the building then the actual window panes, but that is what it looked like.

That very night, after seeing those magical structures, I had an extremely vivid dream of them being destroyed. I could not tell exactly how they were destroyed in that dream, but I could see that they were exploding. The dream was so real, so incredibly vivid, that when I woke up, I thought they were gone! Fortunately, I could see them from the flat that I was purchased to stay at! I wanted to believe that dreams were not true......but I couldn't a few years later!

Bingo... and all of my "new agy" friends (that love to impose their dream interpretations on others) can't stand my view though I'm never shy in reminding them of it.

Dr. Paquette, thank you so much for relating some of your experiences and insights to this riveting podcast. Unfortunately I’m once again late for the afterparty, but I have a question:

I’ve had a few startling psychic experiences including a couple of life-saving cases of precognition, but curiously, although I’ve had a handful of what clearly seem to be precognitive dreams, none were of any obvious importance, nor were the events portrayed particularly noteworthy. Here’s one brief example, which leads to my question:

I had recently started working at a pulp mill as a utility man. As the name suggests, I was assigned new jobs from day to day with no advance knowledge. One night I dreamed I was standing in a small flat-bottomed boat with a chopped bow and stern (such as some dories and skiffs). The following morning I reported for my shift at the mill and was assigned to clean out a lime slaker, a task I’d never done nor even considered till then. After suiting up I climbed into the idle slaker, and as I stood holding a fire hose, it occurred to me that the slaker had the same distinct outline as the “dream” boat I had been standing in. I finished washing the slaker without incident and was later assigned other tasks. As I was a relatively new employee, many of the jobs I was given were firsts for me, so cleaning the slaker was not in any way noteworthy.

This is just one of several incidental precognitive dreams I've had, and it's this triviality that I find odd. I’ve spent some time researching precognitive dreams, but not been able to find any similar examples. They all describe warnings, or unusual or unexpected events, yet surely others must have these trivial precognitive dreams too (?)

Dr. Paquette, (or anybody else for that matter) have you experienced or heard of such apparently incidental precognitive dreams? Do you have any insight as to their purpose, if any? My own tentative conclusion is that this form of precognition at least is part of our own consciousness – in other words, we sometimes happen to catch a glimpse beyond the veil, rather than some outside entity such as a spirit guide feeding it to us (although this could still happen in crisis situations). After all, why would another entity bother to feed us advance knowledge of trivial events?

Dr. Paquette, (or anybody else for that matter) have you experienced or heard of such apparently incidental precognitive dreams? Do you have any insight as to their purpose, if any? My own tentative conclusion is that this form of precognition at least is part of our own consciousness – in other words, we sometimes happen to catch a glimpse beyond the veil, rather than some outside entity such as a spirit guide feeding it to us (although this could still happen in crisis situations). After all, why would another entity bother to feed us advance knowledge of trivial events?

In my experience, the majority of all precognitive dreams are mundane. I discuss this in my book, Dreamer. I have had a number that are of newsworthy events but they are a minority. From my perspective, the mundane precognitive dreams have no particular importance apart from revealing that time is not what we think it is. Here is how I break down my own dreams, in order from least interesting to most interesting:

1. Dream fragment, too small to establish what is happening, or where
  2. Dream fragment large enough to determine place and action but missing context required to understand the dream. These may contain enough information to establish they are precognitive or an OBE.
  3. A fairly complete scene. Context and detail are present but the scene may be mundane in nature. These can be precognitive or an OBE.
  4. Interaction with a ghost and awareness, or near awareness, of dream state. This usually isn't that interesting within the dream but can be interesting upon waking. Sometimes the message contains paranormally-derived information. Most often, the ghost:
    1. Wants to show me how they died
    2. Wants to convey a message to someone they care about
    3. Seeks my attention for unknown reason, possibly to validate their existence
  5. Interaction with an elevated spirit (not a ghost). Usually a message or lesson are conveyed. Sometimes the message is precognitive. Sometimes the message contains paranormally-derived information.
  6. Spiritual subjects. These are generally the most intense dreams.
    1. Sometimes "prophetic". This is distinct from "precognitive" because I am told or shown what will happen, rather than passively witnessing it.
    2. Purely spiritual content. These cannot be verified because they make no reference to material existence. They are, however, fascinating for what they reveal about our spiritual existence
  7. God. I have only had fifteen dreams where God unambiguously appears right in front of me. Most of these are powerful, though not all. Fifteen is a small number compared to the 13,467 or so dreams in my journal but it is a large number compared to what is found in the literature on this subject.

Speaking of dreams, election fraud, and the voter roll algorithm that was the subject of my last interview with Alex, I had a dream yesterday that combined all three. In the dream, I used an Excel spreadsheet to organize state voter roll ID numbers based on their position in the algorithm. Although the gaps between the numbers are 1, 11, 111, 1,111, 11,111, 111,111, and 1,111,111, in the dream, I had only four columns. They were for 1, 10, 100, and 1,000. As I did the work, I kept on thinking how the key to the algorithm was the number 10, not 11, although 11 was important. It seems obvious now but because the number 11 was all over the place, I wasn't thinking of 10's.

This is why it works: 1+10=11, 11+100=111, 111+1000=1111. It only needed four columns to represent the other numbers because they appear in 3 positions (ones excluded). Those three extra positions, row 4, 9, and 12 increase the count by a factor of 10 for each group. For instance, the 1000 count appears in row 4 but at 10,000, it offsets the 10 count from row 11 to 12. That combination equals 10,000.

I didn't have time to look into it yesterday, so it was the first thing I did when I got up this morning. It turns out the dream was correct. I reorganized the numbers using the columnar arrangement I'd used in the dream. This led to the discovery that I could perfectly calculate the full list of state voter ID numbers in the right order by entering only one number (the first in the county range) and then knowing where to stop (the last number in the range). It also allows me to find numbers missing from the sequence in the state rolls.

This might be the first time I've solved a problem in a dream.

In my experience, the majority of all precognitive dreams are mundane. I discuss this in my book, Dreamer. I have had a number that are of newsworthy events but they are a minority. From my perspective, the mundane precognitive dreams have no particular importance apart from revealing that time is not what we think it is. Here is how I break down my own dreams, in order from least interesting to most interesting:

1. Dream fragment, too small to establish what is happening, or where
  2. Dream fragment large enough to determine place and action but missing context required to understand the dream. These may contain enough information to establish they are precognitive or an OBE.
  3. A fairly complete scene. Context and detail are present but the scene may be mundane in nature. These can be precognitive or an OBE.
  4. Interaction with a ghost and awareness, or near awareness, of dream state. This usually isn't that interesting within the dream but can be interesting upon waking. Sometimes the message contains paranormally-derived information. Most often, the ghost:
    1. Wants to show me how they died
    2. Wants to convey a message to someone they care about
    3. Seeks my attention for unknown reason, possibly to validate their existence
  5. Interaction with an elevated spirit (not a ghost). Usually a message or lesson are conveyed. Sometimes the message is precognitive. Sometimes the message contains paranormally-derived information.
  6. Spiritual subjects. These are generally the most intense dreams.
    1. Sometimes "prophetic". This is distinct from "precognitive" because I am told or shown what will happen, rather than passively witnessing it.
    2. Purely spiritual content. These cannot be verified because they make no reference to material existence. They are, however, fascinating for what they reveal about our spiritual existence
  7. God. I have only had fifteen dreams where God unambiguously appears right in front of me. Most of these are powerful, though not all. Fifteen is a small number compared to the 13,467 or so dreams in my journal but it is a large number compared to what is found in the literature on this subject.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my query so comprehensively. I guess I haven’t previously found examples of these mundane precognitive dreams because of their otherwise apparent ordinariness. I agree time isn’t what it appears both from personal experience and from what I understand (very little) of quantum field theory. Seems to me our blinders to this broader reality that have apparently evolved to help us survive on this “plane” (for want of a better word) are sometimes partially lifted in the dreaming state.

Just bought your book Dreamer on Amazon and am looking forward to the read. Thanks again!

Speaking of dreams, election fraud, and the voter roll algorithm that was the subject of my last interview with Alex, I had a dream yesterday that combined all three. In the dream, I used an Excel spreadsheet to organize state voter roll ID numbers based on their position in the algorithm. Although the gaps between the numbers are 1, 11, 111, 1,111, 11,111, 111,111, and 1,111,111, in the dream, I had only four columns. They were for 1, 10, 100, and 1,000. As I did the work, I kept on thinking how the key to the algorithm was the number 10, not 11, although 11 was important. It seems obvious now but because the number 11 was all over the place, I wasn't thinking of 10's.

This is why it works: 1+10=11, 11+100=111, 111+1000=1111. It only needed four columns to represent the other numbers because they appear in 3 positions (ones excluded). Those three extra positions, row 4, 9, and 12 increase the count by a factor of 10 for each group. For instance, the 1000 count appears in row 4 but at 10,000, it offsets the 10 count from row 11 to 12. That combination equals 10,000.

I didn't have time to look into it yesterday, so it was the first thing I did when I got up this morning. It turns out the dream was correct. I reorganized the numbers using the columnar arrangement I'd used in the dream. This led to the discovery that I could perfectly calculate the full list of state voter ID numbers in the right order by entering only one number (the first in the county range) and then knowing where to stop (the last number in the range). It also allows me to find numbers missing from the sequence in the state rolls.

Extraordinary! I've noticed that my own dreams (and from what I've read, others' too) that dreams quite frequently simplify seemingly complex problems via appropriate symbology, but nothing anywhere near this complex. As with precognitive dreams, I've wondered whether they were merely the product of my own mind or if they weren't perhaps given a nudge from another being.

This led to the discovery that I could perfectly calculate the full list of state voter ID numbers in the right order by entering only one number (the first in the county range) and then knowing where to stop (the last number in the range). It also allows me to find numbers missing from the sequence in the state rolls.

Wow this is absolutely mind-blowing on so many levels. first off, from a very mundane programming level this is exactly the kind of thing you would need/want. I mean, you want the simplest possible database key without making it obvious that that's what you have. so, the fact that you have this, and more importantly can demonstrate this in this reverse engineered programmatic way, is astounding.

Of course, the fact that was all revealed to you in a dream is kind of interesting too [[cb]]

Back