Conspiracy Theories

None of those seems to be something that isn't affected by humanity's numerous cognitive biases.....though of course even such a site likely has its own biases and psychology is in such disarray...

Still, I'm not sure how one reaches a consensus conclusion - perhaps you can expand on this process?

There is something to be said for intuition. Yes these all can be biased, but establishing a map of the world is about pattern recognition and the quick way is through the gestalt, right-brain, intuitive, wholistic method, and the longer way is through methodical logical construction. A balance of both is required, but science and academia tend to train out the former. After all science is by definition a methodical logical construction process... but we can't forget that science begins with induction which is the intuitive gestalt pattern recognition before moving on to deduction.

None of those seems to be something that isn't affected by humanity's numerous cognitive biases.....though of course even such a site likely has its own biases and psychology is in such disarray...

Still, I'm not sure how one reaches a consensus conclusion - perhaps you can expand on this process?

No one is perfect. Yet, all what we have is three ways:

1) always trust dominant authorities (something that we are supposed to do by mainstreamers);
2) always follow your personal beliefs (seems to be Alex's choice lately, unfortunately...);
3) atttempt to discern the truth by your independent thought, examination and preference, no matter how fallible it might be (my choice).

There is something to be said for intuition. Yes these all can be biased, but establishing a map of the world is about pattern recognition and the quick way is through the gestalt, right-brain, intuitive, wholistic method, and the longer way is through methodical logical construction. A balance of both is required, but science and academia tend to train out the former. After all science is by definition a methodical logical construction process... but we can't forget that science begins with induction which is the intuitive gestalt pattern recognition before moving on to deduction.

Yet intuition tells different people different things, which doesn't really lead us to the kinds of conclusions regarding historical events that conspiracy theories require.

For example Skeptics intuitively feel materialism is true, and all paranormal observations are mistakes combined with wishful thinking and/or mental illness.

No one is perfect. Yet, all what we have is three ways:

1) always trust dominant authorities (something that we are supposed to do by mainstreamers);
2) always follow your personal beliefs (seems to be Alex's choice lately, unfortunately...);
3) atttempt to discern the truth by your independent thought, examination and preference, no matter how fallible it might be (my choice).

That last one, preference, combined with a defense of intuition, seems to be an admission that at least some conspiracy theories don't have the requisite evidence.

I've yet to find people who accept conspiracy theories that aren't self-serving. It always seems one's political opponents are involved in some nefarious clandestine scheme, to give an example ripped from today's headlines.

People subjectively say Intuition tells people different things, but that can be because some people are not trained well enough in separating random thoughts in their head, or their real gut feeling. As a practitioner we learn how to hone our intuition. Lots of people lie to themselves and generally are not that smart, that's just the facts, the standard has dropped. As a practitioner we also know intuition is not 100 percent, I don't think its possible in our 3D realm, nothing can ever be perfect.

The data can be disputed, but these claims [that it can be outright dismissed] seem exceedingly shrill when the same people who make them ignore all the corporate ties to GMOs and worse yet managed to gloss over if not outright miss/dismiss the issues affecting the other fields in the Sciences. Regardless, however, the data exists and continues to be collected. There's at least an attempt to impose some kind of structure on the study of the paranormal whether that's lab testing or the work in collecting, and to an extent verifying, the aspects of the paranormal not conducive to the lab.

Not sure I completely understand this comment, Sciborg -- is there some discussion of GMOs elsewhere on this forum that informs this comment? Is your position that those who dismiss the "science" of psi are undermined by the sad state of science today, with the manipulation of data, corporate influence, dearth of independent research due to the control of resources, NDA agreements, publication control, etc.? If so, I would agree with you here, but am unclear on how you are comparing a phenomenon like psi that could possibly be tested under lab settings -- and a political event/official narrative that is deconstructed/questioned/called into doubt by those who have examined direct and/or circumstantial evidence surrounding the event or who find the various explanations for how the event allegedly occurred implausible? [/QUOTE]. How do you impose structure or "test" conspiracies in a lab setting?

I believe it was Johannes who posted the spectrum of proponent to skeptic, with the extremes of either side being to willing to swallow/dismiss a variety of claims regarding the nature of reality. I would say we would need a similar spectrum with an evaluation of which conspiracy theories are merely misanthropy as per the Traitors quote above and which have some legitimate claims that might warrant further investigation.

But who decides whether a particular conspiracy theory is simply misanthropy or has some legitimacy/basis in historical/political/deep state truth? You state that you weren't speaking about 9/11 in particular when you posted your quote, but since your post follows a discussion about 9/11 in particular, I'm not sure what the point of that quote was -- inserted where it was?

I doubt it will happen but Skeptiko could have some conspiracy theory skeptics invited on the show along with a few more people who also don't think Jesus is a myth invented by the Romans...

Wouldn't that simply foster more of the same of what seems to be going on endlessly round here in this thread? A doubter of "conspiracy theories" posts an article smugly explaining that "conspiracy theorists" have a deep seated pathological need to make sense of the world around them and so come up with outrageous fantasies blaming the government, etc... and then the "conspiracy theorists" take the bait and explain why those articles are offensive, and what the doubters don't know, and plaintively offer this/that/the other piece of evidence, etc...which is never enough....and then someone with a dark sense of humor can see that the poor "conspiracy theorists" are all riled up and just so sincere and hopeful that the doubters might cross the Abyss that he/she just can't resist playing with them....and on and on....sure it can be entertaining but it's getting so old!

Sigh. Can't we PLEASE get to the magick? Can't we just agree to disagree on whether 9/11 was a false flag event for the moment, and have a conversation about whether, if it WAS, whether there were any esoteric/supernatural/occult aspects to it that might be interesting, considering the Gnostic version of reality that seems to be discussed in various places here? There are so many sites out there bantering back and forth about 9/11. I had hoped that on a site where many members appear to be open to some aspect of a Source/Consciousness/High Strangeness/Gnostic worldview that we could explore those possibilities without the inevitable turds in the punch bowl.

PS: I am having a very hard time figuring out how to respond using multiple quotes....is there a help desk thread on this site somewhere? ;)

PS: I am having a very hard time figuring out how to respond using multiple quotes....is there a help desk thread on this site somewhere? ;)

If you type [*quote] then paste in the quote here, then type [/quote*]
(But take out the *'s.)

I usually hit the reply button and then add in the above where I want to break up the quote into pieces.

You might send Robert Muller, director of FBI, or the 911 Comission over to 911myths to help them clear up the confusion:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010927.../news/nationworld/nation/la-092101probe.story

It's hard to find the energy to respond. All of this was went through over in the 9/11 thread . . . and yes, everyone has considered and already thought through the "same name like John Smith" scenario . . . long, long ago. It's not that. At all. The conspiracists are not that stupid nor that unwilling to let a point go.

So, I suppose this pushes the narrative to this: at least six (to possibly half?) of the - true - hijackers went out and found people who look just like them, stole their identification, and some of the people whose identities were stolen also happened to fly airplanes. Right.

So, one can see how the above question would lead one to ask the very obvious question: where's the flight manifest and whose names are on it? Does a family member not want a name released? Fine. Black it out and release the rest. No one could have thought of that, I guess. Or there's a whole lot of BS here and they don't can't release it because part or all of it's non existent.

For anyone, however few, that are interested - or can recall, there were two brothers named as hijackers in the beginning. In fact, they were the ones who supposedly made the trip from Boston. These men were found to be alive in the U.S. These men are, obviously, not part of the 19 still wafted around, which include people that were still living the day after 9/11. They're yet another example of the manifest problem. How could they be named if their names were on the manifest?

.Sigh. Can't we PLEASE get to the magick?

Ask @Alex. Thanks to his fear of Oblivion and Hell the show has turned to conspiracy theory nonsense where atheists make Satanic pacts and Jesus doesn't exist as a historical figure.

I'm of the belief that PSI, TK can not be properly tested in a lab, why? Our energies are entangled, especially when you are in a lab with other people, those entangled energies can influence the results. If you are doing an experiement on TK and in a lab full of doubters and skeptics it is possible that can have negative impact on the results. Its similar to the "energy vampire" theory....people with bad energy latching on to your energy/aura and influencing negative feelings, emotions and thoughts

I don't believe Jesus existed as a historical figure, there is not enough solid evidence to me personally

Sigh. Can't we PLEASE get to the magick? Can't we just agree to disagree on whether 9/11 was a false flag event for the moment, and have a conversation about whether, if it WAS, whether there were any esoteric/supernatural/occult aspects to it that might be interesting, considering the Gnostic version of reality that seems to be discussed in various places here? There are so many sites out there bantering back and forth about 9/11. I had hoped that on a site where many members appear to be open to some aspect of a Source/Consciousness/High Strangeness/Gnostic worldview that we could explore those possibilities without the inevitable turds in the punch bowl.

Well I wonder about those things myself. It was definitely magic in the sense of a trick or an illusion. But I think that it was planned possibly from the time of the towers' construction... either that or the event's emotional power attracted a great number of synchronicities. But if you want to dive into high octane speculation...

There's the numerology... 9/11. Numerology is a deep hole, and I'm no expert. There are "perfect numbers" and whenever you have 1 less than a number of perfection, that symbolizes falling short or sin or evil. 9 is 1 less than 10. 10 is perfection in the human governmental domain... 10 fingers, 10 toes... and 12 is perfection in the spiritual government: 12 signs of the zodiac, and something to do with sacred geometry and the spheres in the kabbalistic tree of life. So 9/11 means evil all around.. in the human and spiritual domains. Evil tricks tend to happen in September because around 9/23 is when fall equinox occurs and that's when the veil is supposed to be thinnest between the realms and it's also a transitional liminal time between the dominant summer/winter seasons. It is the season of the trickster. September was also originally the 7th month (sept) and of course 7 is the Abrahamic God's favorite number... probably goes back to sacred geometry and how 6 circles fit perfectly around a 7th. So 9/11 could be 7/11 and 7/11 has significance for the Kabbalist and mason.. I can't recall all the reasons why, but partly has to do with Pi which is approximated by 22/7 and 11/7 would be Pi/2 which signifies a half circle or turnaround 180 degrees. And 7/11 (.6363) is a close approximation to the golden ratio (.618). So 7/11 together could signify a significant turning or balancing. You can break down the words... S-EVE-N and EL-EVE-N... and see the serpent (S) and god (EL) and Eve all together...

It was WTC 7 and the twin towers which resembled the shape of "11" which fell.

The twin towers are a very significant symbol in freemasonry and every Masonic lodge has them. One tower is always slightly higher than the other and they symbolize the sun and moon.

Anyway... I could go on... it's a good excercise to jog my memory, but I'm not sure if this is the kind of stuff you're looking for?

Last edited:
I'm of the belief that PSI, TK can not be properly tested in a lab, why? Our energies are entangled, especially when you are in a lab with other people, those entangled energies can influence the results. If you are doing an experiement on TK and in a lab full of doubters and skeptics it is possible that can have negative impact on the results. Its similar to the "energy vampire" theory....people with bad energy latching on to your energy/aura and influencing negative feelings, emotions and thoughts
You may be right regarding the presence of different mindsets among the experimenters, I'm sure there was an account of PSI experiments which persistently failed when a particular sceptical experimenter was present in the vicinity.

Or It may not even be the lab itself, but simply the context.

Myself, I have many spontaneous examples of telepathy, it was one of the first chinks of light in my materialist armour. But I have little success with trying to deliberately make telepathy happen, For me at least that seems to be because there needs to be a strong emotional link between people, emotion not manufactured on a whim but due to serious real-life events.

In the case of out-of-body experiences, I had more success in deliberately making that happen. But I had no way of bringing it about at any given instant, it was more a case of trying for months at a time and having events occur at intervals. Possibly if I persisted it would have been more controlled - there are others involved in lab experiments - discussed elsewhere on this forum with varying success.

This appears to be an article from mere days after the event. It would be suspicious if there wasn't confusion and uncertainty surely?

Hang on. In your narrative are the FBI involved in the false flag or not?
There's no debate about this.

Do this: tell us who the 19 hijackers were.

This appears to be an article from mere days after the event. It would be suspicious if there wasn't confusion and uncertainty surely?

Hang on. In your narrative are the FBI involved in the false flag or not?
With the two who were initially said to be hijackers that were soon found to be living in the US, Oregon, I believe: how could they have come up with these men's names when it's now clear they weren't on the planes and therefore couldn't have been in the manifests? There should've been zero confusion whether minutes or years since the authorities supposedly went to the manifest.

Well I wonder about those things myself. It was definitely magic in the sense of a trick or an illusion. But I think that it was planned possibly from the time of the towers' construction... either that or the event's emotional power attracted a great number of synchronicities. But if you want to dive into high octane speculation...

There's the numerology... 9/11. Numerology is a deep hole, and I'm no expert. There are "perfect numbers" and whenever you have 1 less than a number of perfection, that symbolizes falling short or sin or evil. 9 is 1 less than 10. 10 is perfection in the human governmental domain... 10 fingers, 10 toes... and 12 is perfection in the spiritual government: 12 signs of the zodiac, and something to do with sacred geometry and the spheres in the kabbalistic tree of life. So 9/11 means evil all around.. in the human and spiritual domains. Evil tricks tend to happen in September because around 9/23 is when fall equinox occurs and that's when the veil is supposed to be thinnest between the realms and it's also a transitional liminal time between the dominant summer/winter seasons. It is the season of the trickster. September was also originally the 7th month (sept) and of course 7 is the Abrahamic God's favorite number... probably goes back to sacred geometry and how 6 circles fit perfectly around a 7th. So 9/11 could be 7/11 and 7/11 has significance for the Kabbalist and mason.. I can't recall all the reasons why, but partly has to do with Pi which is approximated by 22/7 and 11/7 would be Pi/2 which signifies a half circle or turnaround 180 degrees. And 7/11 (.6363) is a close approximation to the golden ratio (.618). So 7/11 together could signify a significant turning or balancing. You can break down the words... S-EVE-N and EL-EVE-N... and see the serpent (S) and god (EL) and Eve all together...

It was WTC 7 and the twin towers which resembled the shape of "11" which fell.

The twin towers are a very significant symbol in freemasonry and every Masonic lodge has them. One tower is always slightly higher than the other and they symbolize the sun and moon.

Anyway... I could go on... it's a good excercise to jog my memory, but I'm not sure if this is the kind of stuff you're looking for?

Thank you for the thoughtful response, Hurmanetar, and yes along these lines -- just trying to explore a number of other potential layers that seem so unbelievable to my once largely materialist world view, but somehow all point to the potentially metaphysical/esoteric.

Even before I stumbled upon 9/11 Truth (in 2013, very late to the party), it always struck me as very odd that this event occurred on 9/11, the number we all associate with "emergency" or "help." It just seemed very strange. Did radical Muslims living in caves in Afghanistan really understand our American association with 911 and how picking this particular day would really mess with our collective psyches? It was an inverse of what we had previously associated those numbers with....

Now, of course, I am willing to entertain the possibility that it wasn't just a military/intelligence services false flag with the goal of ushering in the Patriot Act and continuing profitable wars of aggression in the Middle East. That, too, of course, but there seems, possibly, to be far more. I'll quote the "Synchromystic blogger" Mark LeClair (as quoted in SK Bain's book) here:

"Any open minded meditation upon September 11, 2001 floods the mind with at first incomprehensible riddles. The brave seek answers and begin to connect the dots. A shape begins to appear. The seeker can stop with a complete hypothesis: evil men, shadow men, bankers and oilmen, a secret one-world power. Some seekers go deeper into the woods: Satanic Goofball Cultists and their midnight rituals. Nazi connections. The Fourth Reich steps out from behind the American Flag. Not satisfied, a few scrabble onward: an at least rudimentary knowledge of Occult Technology is a must have. Occult science is that of metaphor and the big truth of 9/11 is that it is a Hierophantic event, planned for two-thousand years by the priests of On and Tibet and altogether inevitable. Beyond this third degree, aspirants court the Abyss itself, gaze into the yawning yaw of Yah-Weh and cry out: More Light!"

Crazy, right? How the heck did I get here? I'm really rather normal. And yet... it kind of makes sense if you consider the Gnostic world view. SK Bain's book suggests that, in addition to the obvious hegemonic goals, 9/11 was a mass sacrificial ritual with various other occult goals/intentions, using dark "magick" to cause ripples in the fabric of our manifested reality to usher in a "dark" age. He also suggests that 9/11 was also paying homage to Aleister Crowley, who stated that: "Magick is the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will."

But assuming Bain's theory has any basis in fact -- i.e. that there really were/are high level occult practitioners who included this additional layer to the 9/11 operation, is Majck real? Can simply using the "numbers" of (dark) magick during certain astrological alignments create real effects? Why? Or, really, is all of this just another aspect of a highly sophisticated psy-op that uses occult mumbo jumbo to scare/traumatize the masses and set off certain conspiracy-leaning persons?

I don't have any answers, but I guess I'm trying to go deeper into these particular woods at the moment. I'd love to toss this around a bit, but maybe it makes sense to take this conversation private with other members who have already crossed the 9/11 Truth Abyss and who are open to exploring this aspect of our strange strange world.

Back