Coronavirus Pandemic

They must think we’re really stupid. When medical experts start talking about which “gatherings and demonstrations are acceptable while others are not during a pandemic” they are stepping outside of their area of expertise and have no ground to stand on. This is not a question for health experts, apart from them saying that “large gatherings cause an increase in transmission.” That’s a medical statement where their opinion is valuable. But when you start talking about WHICH KINDS of gatherings are acceptable over others, that’s not a question at all for health experts. That’s moving into the realm of philosophical, moral, and societal subjectivity. They have no right to attempt to speak in a position of authority on this topic.

Whether you agree with them on what should be allowable and what should not be allowable is irrelevant. It’s not their place to make those types of decisions or to try and sway others towards their societal and political opinions under the guise of “medical expertise.”6BADABD4-EC58-4246-B83C-E9D52839BA79.jpeg

Vaccines vs Healthy immune system.
Below is a video from Dr Shiva Ayyadurai. I hope some find value from it. I gained a greater understanding on how our immunity works. He isn’t a GP but a systems biologist.

I’m not anti vaccine but I’m against any unnecessary medication especially when there’s a healthier option.

Hmm. Not sure if this is already posted :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...bRhG7IqjX1LVERf34HTNHhGLB4HUSGIh9isxd7cqKi-_Q

Surgisphere, whose employees appear to include a sci-fi writer and adult content model, provided database behind Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine hydroxychloroquine studies
I can only shake my head at this organisation WHO.
I’d trust a child playing nurse for advise over them.

14640E6B-C6D6-4674-9E02-6413A9FA91FC.jpeghttps://techstartups.com/2020/03/28...yN1_5pX8-cjfeE9P7vG51qstVhF_c1JrnzkEzpt1LRtJc

Last edited:
Just another ordinary day of my life...

103003427_10220443201663202_4600243359488152234_n.jpg

Last edited:
We'll see how this thread ages. My family and those around me are taking this seriously. The risk of overwhelming our medical professionals isn't worth taking a cavalier attitude.

Fortunately, my retired father lives in Floriday and not in Santa Cruz. Its not about you, presuming you are presenting yourself as an otherwise fit and under 50 year old adult. That said, you can be a carrier and someone who could infect someone who is, actually, at risk.

But we shouldn't worry because you are an authority on the topic and its "nothing to be worried about" because institutions and governments have proven to be unreliable at times.

Ask yourself this: What does it really cost you to take this thing seriously and take common sense steps in your day to day life to potentially retard the spread of the virus? I know for me, I'd much rather have the wool pulled over my eyes than to be wrong about a conspiracy and put other people's health at risk as a result.
The economic, psychological, and health consequences to the lockdown far outweigh the likely health consequences of the virus itself. I've been against the lockdown since day one, knowing the horrendous havoc it would wreak on the US economy to be shut for even a couple of weeks to people and businesses surviving financially on a week-to-week basis. As we now know, the virus was not as bad as predicted and likely won't get any worse. Meanwhile, the US economy collapsed to pre-WWII levels, depression is up, suicide is up, cancer patients aren't getting surgery, and other problems have manifested. I live in New York, but not New York City. All of my work got cancelled with the lockdown and I know people who got covid and recovered. I have heard of elderly people who died of it that are related to people I've met, but the "death rate" doesn't seem to be any different than any other year.

The economic, psychological, and health consequences to the lockdown far outweigh the likely health consequences of the virus itself. I've been against the lockdown since day one, knowing the horrendous havoc it would wreak on the US economy to be shut for even a couple of weeks to people and businesses surviving financially on a week-to-week basis. As we now know, the virus was not as bad as predicted and likely won't get any worse. Meanwhile, the US economy collapsed to pre-WWII levels, depression is up, suicide is up, cancer patients aren't getting surgery, and other problems have manifested. I live in New York, but not New York City. All of my work got cancelled with the lockdown and I know people who got covid and recovered. I have heard of elderly people who died of it that are related to people I've met, but the "death rate" doesn't seem to be any different than any other year.
I watched the initial footage coming out of China.
It was frightening seeing people welded into their apartments and collapsing in the street. But it’s hard to trust footage due to the control China has over its people. I must admit I was ignorant to the plight of its citizens, especially the Uighurs.
This virus has caused so much confusion worldwide. It’s hard not to be suspicious of the extreme measures taken, especially with current data and continued restrictions. I saw someone say in regards to being locked down “when did slow the curve become find the cure” I’m mostly annoyed by the suppression of doctors.
I’ve also heard stories of people dying from treatments not available and suicide. It’s hard not to feel hopeless but I try remain hopeful and help others where I can.

We predicted this response Andrew. Read back in this thread.

I have no way to prove the bold above is incorrect. Just as, however, you would have had no way to prove it back in January.

I covered my position over and over here: We had to make a choice between the lockdown and, effectively, the do little/nothing option. There was no third option to wait for more data as many bemoaned. Was the right call made? New Zealanders seem pretty comfortable with what they did, but it appears the Swedish feel the same.

We predicted this response Andrew. Read back in this thread.

I have no way to prove the bold above is incorrect. Just as, however, you would have had no way to prove it back in January.

I covered my position over and over here: We had to make a choice between the lockdown and, effectively, the do little/nothing option. There was no third option to wait for more data as many bemoaned. Was the right call made? New Zealanders seem pretty comfortable with what they did, but it appears the Swedish feel the same.

My argument at the time was that the two options provided us with a choice between certain catastrophic economic damage and an uncertain amount of health damage that ranged between the flu and the plague. My reasoning was that if we choose to preserve the economy but the health damage is like the plague, we would at least have better preserved the infrastructure needed to deal with it. If we choose not to preserve the economy and the health consequences were like the plague, the economic disaster would make plague casualties much higher due to infrastructure damage.

worth reading the Guardian story as well:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

A Guardian investigation can reveal the US-based company Surgisphere, whose handful of employees appear to include a science fiction writer and an adult-content model, has provided data for multiple studies on Covid-19 co-authored by its chief executive, but has so far failed to adequately explain its data or methodology.

Data it claims to have legitimately obtained from more than a thousand hospitals worldwide formed the basis of scientific articles that have led to changes in Covid-19 treatment policies in Latin American countries. It was also behind a decision by the WHO and research institutes around the world to halt trials of the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine. On Wednesday, the WHO announced those trials would now resume.

Two of the world’s leading medical journals – the Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine – published studies based on Surgisphere data. The studies were co-authored by the firm’s chief executive, Sapan Desai.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

A Guardian investigation can reveal the US-based company Surgisphere, whose handful of employees appear to include a science fiction writer and an adult-content model, has provided data for multiple studies on Covid-19 co-authored by its chief executive, but has so far failed to adequately explain its data or methodology.

Data it claims to have legitimately obtained from more than a thousand hospitals worldwide formed the basis of scientific articles that have led to changes in Covid-19 treatment policies in Latin American countries. It was also behind a decision by the WHO and research institutes around the world to halt trials of the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine. On Wednesday, the WHO announced those trials would now resume.

Two of the world’s leading medical journals – the Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine – published studies based on Surgisphere data. The studies were co-authored by the firm’s chief executive, Sapan Desai.

104124986_10157003269346050_9013100105836794741_o.jpg

My argument at the time was that the two options provided us with a choice between certain catastrophic economic damage and an uncertain amount of health damage that ranged between the flu and the plague. My reasoning was that if we choose to preserve the economy but the health damage is like the plague, we would at least have better preserved the infrastructure needed to deal with it. If we choose not to preserve the economy and the health consequences were like the plague, the economic disaster would make plague casualties much higher due to infrastructure damage.
And the lives lost were, in the main, the least productive ones.

Another relevant link on topic, provided by Dr. Henry Bauer:

https://issues.org/pandemic-science-out-of-control/

Back