Courtney Brown, The Future of Scientific Remote Viewing |421|

(TLDR: I did my first elementary remote view yesterday, and stoked to find out Courtney Brown was on Skeptiko and I get to listen to it right now! So awesome.)

Going to listen to this episode in a minute here..
At the end of last week I soaked in a few hours of recent Farsight episodes wherein Brown made a plea to the "Galactic Federation" and also to the "Domain" requesting that they intervene in false agreements between human leadership and the 'Earth Prison Guards'..
I have a somewhat unique spiritual bandwidth which I credit for my ability to try on other spiritual shoes for a short walk or even a period of time.
Setting that aside for a moment...
I've always had a fantasy about having special will power, but it's accompanied with the feeling that it would only work for 100% good, so I rarely focus any attempt because I'm a very selfish person.. So, what this pans out to in real life is that occasionally i pray really hard for good things and they always seem to unfold with some blessing and/or loving boost. When i was much younger i proved to my self on multiple occasions that i don't have any superpower like telekinesis.
Jumping ahead..
Yesterday evening I straight up decided that I was going to meditate and aim for the remove viewing realm, and/or any benevolent spirit realm.
The most I'd ever done of this nature prior was either to 'send out loving beams to people' or to 'astral travel just beyond Earth atmosphere in order to disconnect from Earth vibes'.
I've always had frustration in attempts to disconnect from Earth vibes, because i think deep down everything is connected, so 'disconnecting' may not be the solution in that type of instance.
So, yesterday, I sat on my bed, and started.. seconds after, I got up to adjust noise and light by turning up the air filter, and draping a shirt over the lamp, after which the light and noise seemed balanced (felt right).
Once i sat back down on the bed in cross legged pose with all fingers of each hand pointing down into the bed a bit.. I did the only astral thing I know how to do which is to send out beams positive energy to various people while exercising breathing for maybe 15 minutes.
Here's where it gets interesting,
After I finished sending positive energies out, I decided to search for an astral contact. Surprisingly, and very quickly, I (genuinely feel like I) joined a group of astral beings (sensed them the way you assume someone next to you is still there when you close your eyes) and just as soon as I convinced myself they they weren't being generated by my mind, I decided to approach them and demand (in feeling, not words) that they teach me something. And they did! I was passed a ball of energy about the size of a volley ball (still all feeling, nothing visible or audible). It was made very clear that this was my energy and it was familiar to the feeling I get when people are too busy to pay attention to me (like pride). But It was then made clear that this ball of energy is what I use to help others in my life who are hurt by pride.. I soak that shit up,, and I believe what i was being shown is that his ball is where it gets soaked up into and that's one of my unique gifts...
I was shown two other balls of energy / gifts, but i didn't write any of it down and for some reason at the time i felt it was good to let it be for a little bit before I write any of it.

Now, circling back, to whether these entities were good, or bad... it felt like they we're busy, but reluctantly willing to teach me something since I asked.. I felt like they were busy with good affairs, but I'm 100% not going to assume i can trust my feelings. The only part I trust is that the things i was shown about the balls of energy seemed correct, and of some kind of utility for good which who know if I'll ever figure out.

To wrap up on Courtney Browns contact work,
I'd have to disagree (until I learn otherwise) that his seeming lack spiritual bandwidth for thinking outside his chosen endeavors is any indication that he's being fucked with. Instead, I choose to see a man insisting on positivity, hope, and spiritual empowerment. I would pray that if he finds himself off course he would be blessed with all the loving help and nurture of pride needed to get him and his loved ones wherever they need to be.

Knowing Skeptiko, I suspect many/most of the questions I would ask Courtney will be answered when I go to listen to the episode right now..
Thank you so much for the excellent content, contact, and connections. You are a something beautiful!

wow... thx... very interesting. it doesn't seem appropriate for me to comment on your experience other than to say I believe what you're saying and commend you for applying as much rigor as you can to understanding it.

I just finished interview with nick cook. he has written a book about ingo swann. angle was an incredibly gifted psychic. he's credited with starting the remote viewing program. as you'll hear in the interview, he was really gifted, but he's still got a lot of shit wrong.

I wish courtney was a lot more skeptiko regarding the information he's getting back. he seems to rely totally remote viewing. and there's a lot of backdoor materialism to his approach. have you ever read PK man by my frienemy jeffrey mishlove?
Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove, The Long-Term Future of Parapsychology

it's the story of how ted owens ( and by proxy jeff Mishlove) were totally fucked around by ET in the extended realm. how does courtney know this isn't happening to him. it seems like a more parsimonious explanation.

wow... thx... very interesting. it doesn't seem appropriate for me to comment on your experience other than to say I believe what you're saying and commend you for applying as much rigor as you can to understanding it.

I just finished interview with nick cook. he has written a book about ingo swann. angle was an incredibly gifted psychic. he's credited with starting the remote viewing program. as you'll hear in the interview, he was really gifted, but he's still got a lot of shit wrong.

I wish courtney was a lot more skeptiko regarding the information he's getting back. he seems to rely totally remote viewing. and there's a lot of backdoor materialism to his approach. have you ever read PK man by my frienemy jeffrey mishlove?
Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove, The Long-Term Future of Parapsychology

it's the story of how ted owens ( and by proxy jeff Mishlove) were totally fucked around by ET in the extended realm. how does courtney know this isn't happening to him. it seems like a more parsimonious explanation.
I’m not much of a reader. I’m still 1/2 way through Why Evil Matters, and 1/2 way through Will Durant Story of Philosophy which I tried 3-4 years ago.
I kinda just felt like I believed enough that RV is real and that it must be in my wheelhouse. But the more I think about it the more your picture makes sense. Initially the framing of “ET fucking with me” didn’t match the experience. But it does after a good step back and considering the real potential. I think I really wanted two things: see it, and see if I can get something from it. I think I can get something from it, but the probability of me just getting used by ET is way higher than any skill I could improvise. And the beings did not feel like purelove beings. They just felt willing to accommodate the same way you feel if a strangers kid at a park asks if you can teach them whatever it is you’re doing, and you might not meet another stranger for a long time so you choose to give as much time as is requested.
Side note: 6 months ago i very briefly imagined or possibly RV’d David Wilcocks astral self because I wondered how he could genuinely lead on so many people and still seem like a good dude. Well, somewhat similarly to the way I “saw” beings while recently meditating. So at that time, I saw a mammoth being was Wilcocks ‘director’ If you will. Mammoth as in Java the Hut size and feel, again no colors or actual seeing, just sensing.
So ya, I don’t think I’m missing anything. I choose to direct my prayers in the general vicinity of whatever Christ Consciousness is.

Looking forward to hearing your interview with Nick Cook.

And also, the end of the interview with Courtney Brown was amazing. I enjoyed the whole thing, but I’m convinced he’s a good guy, and probably holds his own in the astral plane.

Certainly, there is a space between waking and sleep where it is possible to see distant things clearly.

[Edit: Courtney Brown] my personal view on that after doing all the studies that we’ve done and marching forward into the future with new studies, is that there is no such thing as a spiritual anything. There’s just life. And there’s physics for why we can’t see certain life and why we can see other life
Had to chew on that a while. I think that is profound. It collapses a lot of dimensions. We dont need better wings. We just need better eyes.

Last edited:
Hes right. Astral travelers and mediums generally report that challenges continue after this life. This isn’t news to the serious field Of afterlife researchers. This idea that all of our problems are washed away and we become problemless saints after death is religious mythology.

Some of the best channeled works like Seth Speaks suggest the same. As does the science of reincarnation.
Right then courtney says don't trust some channelers since they are trying to fool you. A soulphone sure would be useful. Its just a lot easier to deal with compared to other sources of information.

Had to chew on that a while. I think that is profound. It collapses a lot of dimensions. We dont need better wings. We just need better eyes.

Just to be clear you're quoting courtney brown there and not me.

And I don't think his position is logically coherent. the best evidence suggests consciousness survives bodily death. so I don't think " there's just life" is a good fit for the data.

And I don't think his position is logically coherent. the best evidence suggests consciousness survives bodily death. so I don't think " there's just life" is a good fit for the data.
Worlds a big place. My point is that, it may be more palatable to Sam Harris types to believe in wood nymphs than St Michael [transitional theism?]. Besides its kind of angels on a pin stuff. Does it matter if the higher planes are co-located physically or if there is spirit biology? Its simplicity will come in handy when we do atheist interventions.

"Your life has meaning Sam! Stop thrashing. You are not a biobot! Heaven is all around you."

Anyway, you are not understanding his gestalt since he obviously believes in afterlife review/soultraps. What did I miss?

Last edited:

How could we get more than just a suggestion? Yes most are not atheists, but in the USA our large medical budget reveals its a hope not a fact and not based upon strong evidence. The fear we feel and the money we spend indicate we do fear it a lot as a culture. And that not counting the extreme amount of pain americans are willing to endure.

Dr. Mishlove won the Bigelow essay afterlife contest. I hope he reveals a way to test his beliefs.

In my experience, spirits, both human and other, will most definitely fuck w/ you. Why wouldn't they? Everything/everyone is self-interested and there are a lot of jokers and bad souls out there who just find it entertaining. That's a different issue from interpretation problems, that are also prevalent.

I've long observed that a large segment of the spiritual community has an ideology, often subconsciously held and unexamined, that the realm beyond this physical one automatically = truth, love and all of that good stuff. Why would that be true? I'm certain it is not.

If it's in us here, it's also out there. There is nothing in us/that we can perceive, that isn't out in the wider universe. That includes all of the evil.

Back