Dr. Alexander Moreira-Almeida, the Science of Spirituality and Health |509|

Alex

Administrator
Dr. Alexander Moreira-Almeida, the Science of Spirituality and Health |509|
by Alex Tsakiris | Jul 13 | Consciousness Science
Tweet

Dr. Alexander Moreira-Almeida is a leader in the scientific study of spirituality and health.
skeptiko-509-Alexander-Moreira-Almeida-300x300.jpg

I really enjoyed this interview. Mr. Almeida is a mix between a few elements: doctor, philosopher, psychologist, scientist, and cage fighter; the latter he did not elaborate on. I really like how he says that we should pursue all avenues of thought, despite their supposed contradictions, even in the avenues of spirituality. Am I going to be Catholic because of this, FUCK NO! However, I respect and admire anybody who achieves greatness in life, no matter what their belief system is. My trouble in life is not having to do with belief, but "belief systems," no matter what they are. Nietzsche wrote about it in one of his many books, and if I remember the quote somewhat incorrectly, it was, "Anybody that creates a system of belief lacks integrity."

Hey Nietzsche, if I got it wrong, sorry man, but that is close enough.

I really enjoyed this interview. Mr. Almeida is a mix between a few elements: doctor, philosopher, psychologist, scientist, and cage fighter; the latter he did not elaborate on. I really like how he says that we should pursue all avenues of thought, despite their supposed contradictions, even in the avenues of spirituality. Am I going to be Catholic because of this, FUCK NO! However, I respect and admire anybody who achieves greatness in life, no matter what their belief system is. My trouble in life is not having to do with belief, but "belief systems," no matter what they are. Nietzsche wrote about it in one of his many books, and if I remember the quote somewhat incorrectly, it was, "Anybody that creates a system of belief lacks integrity."

Hey Nietzsche, if I got it wrong, sorry man, but that is close enough.

nice! I didn't know this one about Nietzsche... you sent me google-ing:
Friedrich Nietzsche — 'I mistrust all systematizers and avoid them. the will to a system is a lack of integrity.'

nice! I didn't know this one about Nietzsche... you sent me google-ing:
Friedrich Nietzsche — 'I mistrust all systematizers and avoid them. the will to a system is a lack of integrity.'

I spent years reading everything Nietzsche wrote. Also, I had every one of his books. Oddly enough, this was because of Mike Mentzer, a body builder whose philosophy I followed in the 90's. What was his main craze? - Ayn Rand. She wrote a little about Nietzsche, and called him a mystic. However, I don't think that he was a mystic, but rather a materialistic on the the fringe of something different.

Back