Dr. Gregory Shushan, Making the Case For Cross-Cultural NDEs |422|

Well, in all honesty I would love for you to talk to luke muehlhauser, who was / is an early follower of the cult of yudkowsky. But he has nothing to do with TMT. I stumbled upon a practitioner in Australia (via web forum, not in real life). I don't have any recommendations.

TMT is easy. You should face off against one of the robot cultists! Luke isn't hyper intelligent. He's super sophisticated :)
thx. I checked out a youtube... interesting, but I don't think there's enough to do a skeptiko episode.

thx. I checked out a youtube... interesting, but I don't think there's enough to do a skeptiko episode.
I think communication would be very hard. You need an intermediary. I really like this guy:

https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/zWNyEM9xmK7fbbxpD/fai-fia-and-singularity-politics

I really enjoy Dr. Porter's description of humanity as being like wildlife to "god" And this fits with descriptions of the afterlife rather well. What's missing from this show (from what greedy little me wants!) is humility in the form of taking expert disagreement seriously.

Julie says the afterlife isn't proven. You say yeah it basically is.

Did you know that this episode was edited to not convey his doubts about proof? I know it was edited because i saw the original. It was up for about a day and then replaced.

It was much longer. Not sure how long, but much much longer. About an hour or so.

I just wanted to add this observation (which might be wrong):

Why are their no (or very very few) "psychological" nde's in history? Birth is very common event that rarely leads to NDE's now. Even if it was only 1/10th of a percent of women, that is millions of NDE's.

Zero history here. No diaries of women talking about visiting a spirit realm. What gives?

Why are their no (or very very few) "psychological" nde's in history? Birth is very common event that rarely leads to NDE's now. Even if it was only 1/10th of a percent of women, that is millions of NDE's.

Zero history here. No diaries of women talking about visiting a spirit realm. What gives?
Do you mean gynaecological NDE's?
I am almost sure I remember reading about an NDE where a woman bled profusely and had an NDE (I'm not sure if there was a cardiac arrest), but I agree they are rare.

David

I think there are many... here's the first I stumbled over
https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1edie_f_nde.html

I think there are many... here's the first I stumbled over
https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1edie_f_nde.html
No I don't mean present day (circa 1950 and later). I mean the rest of history. Billions (at least millions) of NDE's should have occured between 1950 and the advent of written history. Its a life changing event. People would notice. But it seems no one did until medical care advanced. But NDE's do not depend on being dead.

NDE's occur with normal brain function. You cannot say its because they didn't have good health care in the past. One can only speculate. Could it be as simple as it occurring because its what we are focusing on? And then this would also explain the wide variety of personal NDE's today - jesus, aliens (rare but it happens) etc.

We went from no one noticing (prior to 1950 or so, few if any psychological NDE's) to generalizing that its not even that rare. But there is a huge gap in the data. Why?

Back